Living Without A Heart

Living Without A Heart

The heart beats at a normal pace, but it's not mine. It's Yoochun's heart. It beats like everyone elses, and it beats faster when he gets excited.

Yoochun has a different heart though, it was my heart... Until it got replaced by another. He never gave it back, he never did.

And his heart which I had, seemed to stop beating on its own. So I carefully lay my head against his chest, I listen quietly.

Feeling his chest rising up and down, hearing a faint snore slip past his lips. This was the only time that I get to be this close to him.

Babump, babump, babump, babump. I felt his heart pick up its pace.

"Junsu..." he softly mumbled, as he moved his head a bit to the side, with a small whimper. I sat up, and tears came flowing down my cheeks. It was another night I hear the same name.

Was that person more important than me? Was I not able to make Yoochun happy enough? Millions of things went through my mind. I went off his bed, walking to my own. Somehow he decides to give his own heart to not only me, but to another. I came across my bed, and sat on it. As tears kept flowing, I look down at my lap, with the light from the night sky as the only source.

I have no heart to feel the pain, but I have the mind to understand that I'm hurt.

I don't feel the blood rush through my veins.

I don't feel the pulse as I pressed a finger on my wrist.

I am living with no heart.

With no heart, it's easier to go on in life.

When living without one, you learn that walking on the road than the concrete sidewalk is right.

Eating with a knife instead of a spoon and fork is more proper.

So I close my eyes, waiting for my heart to slow down, but I can't.

But when living without a heart, you realize sleeping isn't needed anymore.



Hello readers~! Me and taylor haven't disappeared or anything, mian! School and writer's block has been keeping us both not updating, ugh. Well, I hoped you guys enjoyed this, this is actually my first time doing a JaeChun oneshot. ><~ 

-Author Elaine.