{ o o 1 }

P e a c h

 

 

CHAPTER ONE; Crazy for some bacon


page-divider-105.gif 

 

Stupid.  Stupid.  Stupid.

I bang my head on the my phone as if it would turn time around.  God, I'm so stupid.  I peek at the screen and inwardly scream as I reread the text I had just sent.

I love you, Baekhyun.

How can this get any worse?  Just as I'm about to throw my phone across the room, my brother waltzes into the room chomping on an apple.  He raises an eyebrow when he sees the way I'm lying on the couch.

"What's with the shimp position?  You look like a squirrel."

"Eat your apple and leave me alone, Joonmyun."  I don't even have the strength to fight with him.  What is the point of going on with life now? "Leave me here to wallow in my self pity and woe."

"Woah, did Baek come out of the closet or what?"

"No!  He's not like that!"

"I don't know about you, but those stares and back hugs with Chanyeol seem like pretty solid evidence to me."  I sit up and throw a decorative pillow at him before curling back up into myself. "That was oh, so painfull.  I guess I'll just leave you here then, sis.  Have fun wallowing."

I'm not going to admit it, but Baekhyun's relation with Chanyeol is a little much.  It's also what keeps me from figuratively manning up and making a move.  If Baekhyun rejected me because he liked another girl, that's understandable, but if he rejected me for another man, I would have to deal with the fact that I'm attracted to gay men.  Luhan, for example.  I thought his touchiness with Xiumin was just loving bromance, but turns out that they've been doing the horizontal tango with each other for quite a while now.  Imagine the awkwardness when I found out after spilling my guts.

If only I had one of those remotes that could control time like in Click.  Then I could go back in time and text something less... revealing.

My phone dings and I drop it out of shock.  I pray that it's not Baekhyun and that his phone magically self-destructs before he can read my text.  With my left foot, I gingerly flip my phone over and sigh in relief.  It's just Chanyeol.

Hold up.

Chanyeol?

What if he saw my text on Baekhyun's phone?  What if Joonmyun's right and they are gay for each other?  Oh god.

My phone dings again, and indicates that I have another text from him.  With a shake of my head, I up my silliness and press the icon.

Jieun!  Oh, man it's bad.  Baekhyun's at the hospital!  He twisted his shoulder playing twister with me.

The forces above definitely are not on my side.  Why we're those two playing twister together?  That's what girls suggest to play when they want to get it on with their boo.  Definitely not a good sign for me.

You gotta get here quick, it's bad.  He's calling for you.

Well, that's a good sign on my part.  Hopefully he hasn't read my text and I could somehow delete it before he can.

 

"Oh thank goodness you're here, Jieun!"  Chanyeol practically shoves me into the room and shuts the door behind the both of us.  The first thing I see is Baekhyun with phone in hand, his eyes glued onto the screen.  With a rather barbaric, unladylike scream, I dive at him and slap the phone out of his hands.

"Jieun, what the hell?"

"Phones are bad for healing people..." I say quickly, flustered.

"My phone!!!  My baby!"  Chanyeol cries as he drops to his knees in front of the broken remains of the cell phone that I had so heartlessly slapped out of Baek's hands.

His phone?  Then where's Baekhyun's?  I have to destroy it before it's too late.  Mission kill Baek's phone is in full gear as I search the room for it.  I'm about to give up when he whips it out from under his pillow.  Target sighted.

I reach for the phone, but he holds it out of my reach.

"What are doing?" He looks at me with his adorable face, his eyebrow raised in question.  Chanyeol, from the floor, sniffs as he picks up the pieces of his phone.

"Paitients shouldn't be using phones, I'm helping your well being." I lie as I reach for it again.  He jerks his arm in the other direction.

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"Of course not."  I grab his arm, but he simply moves away again, unlocking his phone with one hand.  Heat rushes to my face as he presses the icon showing that he received a new text from me.  Before I can see the outcome, I get up and bolt out of the room.

 

I want to crawl into a dark hole and die.  I press my pillow to my face and scream quietly.  Next to me, my phone vibrates.  Do I have the guts to check?  I peek at my phone and sure enough it's Baekhyun.  Taking a deep breath, I unlock my phone.

 

I love you, Baekhyun.

I love you too, Jieun.

 

 

page-divider-105.gif 

 

Author's Notes;  It's alive!  Hope you enjoyed, and comments are loved.  Typed this entire thing on my ipad, so I'm  crossing my fingers that it's coding is still apparent.

» layout credit