Only One; Jung Yunho

Only One; Jung Yunho

Him; Only One, Jung Yunho.

As I stepped into the café, I knew everything would come to an end. My eyes searched around the area, to find a familiar silhouette; and there he was. He was sitting at the corner of the café, his favorite hangout place.

The steps I took towards him, sliding into the seat quietly. I took a good view of the sides of his charming looks; his sharp nose and jaw and his gorgeous brown eyes. He turned his head and my hear t nearly stopped beating.

He cleared his throat, “Hey.” Automatically, I gave him a small smile. “How are you?” he continued.

“I’m doing fine, what about you? How’s everything?” I asked. He chuckled, “I guess I’m alright although things had been hectic.” I nodded, “Same here.”

“Sorry for intruding but here’s the white chocolate mocha that you’ve ordered,” the waitress said. I looked up surprised. I hadn’t ordered anything however I knew who did it. “Thanks,” I said. I tilted my head to look at him, “Yunho, you always do this.” Yet, he said nothing and gave me a sheepish smile. I had to control myself while seeing him smile, I could’ve break down anytime.

“Do you remember the time where we first met here?” he chuckled. I laughed, “Yes, you were so pissed off.” His cheeks went blushing in bright red, “You know I don’t have a good temper and the person really wanting to pick a fight.” “Idiot,” I remarked.

“Well, it was just coffee that stained your shirt. It was an accident.” I reasoned. Yunho clicked his tongue,  “Tsk, it was expensive.” I shook my head, his childish side was showing. “However, we were lucky that you were there to settle it,” he continued. “True, I couldn’t take it only longer. Two childish men, fighting over a spilt coffee,” I said.

He smiled and his fingers my cheeks. His face was nearing mine but I pushed him away lightly.

I sighed and the awkward silence filled the surroundings. I took a sip of the drink, wetting the dryness of my throat.

“Yunho-ah, I know that you and I both know that this is not working out right,” I said.

“I don’t know where we went wrong, I tried thinking about it for the past few weeks we’ve been apart but I-,”  I continued but was cut off by him.

“You can’t find the answer to it. I know, same here,” He said. “You know, I love you very much, right?” he questioned. I nodded. He gave a heavy sigh, “But, I couldn’t afford to continue this. I cannot be with you if we keep fighting and quarrelling. I don’t want to see you hurt, so I’ve made my decision.”

I kept silent. I took another long sip of the drink and looked at him straight in the eyes. “Before you say anything further, all I want to say is, I really hope we could give this another try and really work it out our differences this time.”

His eyes gave me the answer. “I’m sorry,” was all he said. I took a deep breath and answered, “It’s alright. I’ll let you go if that’s what you want.”

He leaned back on the chair, looking slightly relieved. I had been always the rational one, the one that had always been giving in. He took his coffee, black coffee to be exact, and drank it all up. I, on the other hand was trying my best to hold up the tears from falling down.

He stood up from his chair; I took in the view; his tall height, lean figure and muscular arms. He was my perfect partner. He was my only one, and he will forever be my only one.

He took my left hand in his, bent down and kissed the top of it. By then, the tears I was holding on to fell, betraying me. He wiped the tears that stained my cheeks and said “Don’t cry, you’re too beautiful to cry.”

Giving me a kiss on my forehead, that I loved getting from him, he let me go. He walked away. Once again, he became a stranger. He became a person that was in my past. Drops fell from my eyes, to my cheeks. I vowed to myself, he will forever be my only one.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the dreadfully unwanted separation, Yunho walked out of the café. He looked up at the grey sky; even the sky felt how his heart was aching. Droplets fell from his eyes, making his cheeks wet. “Haejin-ah, I love you,” he whispered.