“Welcome To The Kirin Art School."

The Dream Of Another Soul

The Dream Of Another Soul

Chapter 1: “Welcome To The Kirin Art School."

It was a dream, a wish and a hope to be able to perform on the stage to a million of audiences. It was this dream that led to the start of their journey and begins of their story.

Their dream gave them all hopes and anticipation for the next day, their dream caused them to intervene into each other life, their dream caused separation, departure, reunion, tears, smiles, laughter and pains. This story of their expedition to achieve their dream all began and took place in the famous and well known Kirin Art School.

Stepping out of the car slowly and standing in front of the tall building, the young woman raised her gaze up in skepticism and hesitation at the Kirin Art School sign before lowering her focus toward the other students that were wearing exact school uniforms and were entering the school gate with an anticipation look as to what will happen next.

A soft sigh slipped out of her lip as she seized her bag strap tightly in her clutch tensely before she step by step made her way toward the school gate with a black name tag clipped on her clean uniform and on the tag was the name of Yoon Baek Hee.

**********

 Ah Ri whole voice covered the entire practice room as she was deeply and intensely immersed in her own singing and in her own practice which she was not aware that the glass door gradually pushed open.

Taking a step inside the small room with two girls standing behind her, her eyes immediately fall upon on the singer with a heartless and callous expression. Not giving out a single word or warning, she simply ambled up to the stereo and jabbed her finger down onto the stop button which the room at once was just filled with Ah Ri’s voice only.

Detecting and realizing the sudden stop of the music, Ah Ri twirled around at once and widened her eyes in baffle and stun before stammering “w-who are you? What do you want?”

Remaining on having an icy and cold look, her words was brief but yet it was bitter and offensive, “I stopped the music is because with that singing of yours, you are only insulting this master piece. With that voice, I can’t help but questions as to how you are able to get into Kirin High.”

Astounded and taken aback by her rude and uncouth comment, Ah Ri was instantly offended and affronted by it as she cried “who are you? I don’t know you but yet why are you judging my skills insulting me?”

For the first time, the cold expression was replaced by a cynical smirk, “I can do whatever I want and say whatever I wish too. Go Hye Mi, don’t forget my name” she declared loutishly and in an arrogant and pompous tone.

**********

“Please take a seat and wait for the ceremony to begin” the receptionist ordered as her gaze never left the list of names that was in front of her. “Next” she called out and hearing no voice and no sound, she frowned slightly with a raised eyebrow as she looked up from the list of names.

“Pik Sook” a young woman standing timidly murmured in a soft tone nervously as she instantly looks away from the receptionist woman’s stares and her hands was gripping tightly onto a soft rabbit doll.

“What? What was your name again?” she questions once again as she leaned forward, hoping to be able to catch what Pik Sook was saying and only looking down on the ground, “Pik Sook” she repeated herself again in a clearer voice hoping this time that she will be heard.

The receptionist didn’t say a word but only gazed at her in amaze as she nodded her head, “take a seat and wait for the ceremony to begin” she instructed which Pik Sook bobbed her head knowingly, “thank you” she uttered lastly in relief before instantly disappeared into the crowd.

Not saying a single word but dropping the highlighter that was previously on her grip onto the desk, she grabbed a handful of her fringe and pushed it back as she shook her head curiously and confusingly, “how did a girl that is so nervous like her get into Kirin High?”

**********

With one hand in his expensive jacket’s pocket, he sauntered on the tile floor of the gent restroom. Stopping in front of the sink, he twisted the tap on and listening to the sound of the gushing cold waters all rushing down the silver metal pipe.

He raised up his gaze as he glanced at his own reflection in the mirror and using a finger to gently adjusted his spiky hair, “Kirin Art High School” he murmured in a low tone, “I am here.”

In the small room, there was not another single sound except for the waters running out of the tap and hitting on the metal sink. But the peaceful surrounding of his was at once disturbed when his mobile phone vibrated and let out a soft tune at the same time.

Taking out his phone from his pocket, he placed it by his ear “Jason’s speaking” he answered.

**********

Sitting in the corner of one of the dark and deserted room was a young man with his hand draping on one knee and with a headphone covering his both ears. He was lost in his own world, in his own world of music.

He tapped his foot on the concrete floor, following the beat of his music when suddenly and unexpectedly, the door pushed open. “Jin Guk” a male voice shouted as the young man gave a quick glance at the store room before letting out a sigh, “where that Jin Guk went off to?” He uttered to no one in particular before taking a step back as he believed that no one was in that small room and closed the door shut.

The man that had the name of Jin Guk raised his head at the door before he carelessly gently and lightly compressed his finger to increase the volume of his music player and only comfortably in ease leaned his back on the white wall as he again locked himself away from the outer world.

**********

Slowly in an unhurried pace, he stepped inside the room and the only thing that caught his gaze was the beautiful grand black piano that was lying there. His feet leisurely and soothingly sauntered up the centre of the room where the piano was located, his hand reached out and he hesitated before resting his whole hand on the smooth surface of the piano.

His finger slowly climbed down onto the white keys of the piano and as soon as his finger pressed down on one of the key, it let out a deep sound. A grin spread on his face as he affectionately slid his hand on all the keys of the piano lightly to assure that he will not make any sound.

The feelings of the soft and cool key immediately reminisced him back at the time when he was still inside the house where he had spent all his years on, he can still remember and recall back clearly as to every single words that his father and mother both had said to him, “Sam Dong, your mother and me biggest wish is to see you up on the stage, with your beautiful hand playing the piano and creating a perfect tune, this is our last wish.”

His last word echoed in his mind as he shook his head to wake himself up from the past, “mother, father” he whispered lightly and his hand instantly pulled away from the piano and back to his side as the speaker that was located in the corner of the room unexpectedly had a woman’s voice speaking though, “can the newly enrolled students please gather at the front hall of the school as the ceremony is about to begin shortly” the woman stated in clear and loud tone to ensure that everyone heard the instruction.

Sam Dong gave the piano one last longing gaze before turned around and without a further word or a further glance at the piano, he left the room gradually.

**********

The surrounding of the hall was immediately crowded with newly enrolled students whom everyone on their face were filled with excitement and eager of their future life in here and of  their one step closer to their goal and to their hope.

The director of the Kirin Art School stood up calmly as he strolled up to their microphone and slapping his hand gently to ensure that the microphone was working, he cleared his throat before stating, “welcome everyone, welcome to the Kirin Art School.”

As soon as the director began the speech, the room was filled with silence as all the keen students did not speak a single word but only glanced at the director all with shimmering eyes of sparkling glimmer of anticipation and excitement for the journey that was ahead of them and was about to come.

“Kirin Art High is not a normal and ordinary art school, it is a school that will think of the future of the student and if whoever that we find is not suitable to take this path then we will with no hesitation suspend them” he warned firmly which in his last word, he stopped and gazed at the reaction of the surrounding of his crowd.

Instantly murmurs and grasps were heard as fear and terror consumed everyone of them that were standing there and especially to one of the upcoming student, Kim Pik Sook.

 His words penetrated her sharply as her hand fidgeted fretfully which she grabbed onto the soft rabbit toy and squeezed it tightly, loosening the nervous and fear that was gradually overwhelming her inside.

“I can’t be suspended, I can’t be. I need to try my hardest; I need to stay in here. God please don’t let me get suspended from here” she prayed sincerely, repeating herself as she closed her eyes and her sweats slowly dropping down from her forehead.

Coincidentally standing beside her, Hye Mi gave the nervous Pik Sook a glance, a glance of disgust. Shaking her head in disapprove and turning away to push her way out of the crowd, “a person that rely on luck and God is only utterly a pathetic and worthless person which just how can a pathetic person like her will be accepted in Kirin Art?” She questioned in a cynical and callous tone as she strolled along the corridor of a deserted part of the school.

 

Her eyes scanned around her location in boredom as she having no destination in particular, she only stepped wherever there is path and wherever there is space.

Hye Mi closed her eyes tiredly and continued on her aimless walk, she allowed her other senses to guide her in her way while her eyes remaining being close. Her eyes only fluttered open when her shoulder brushed against another shoulder, when the sudden unexpected friction that she received.

Glancing at the person that bumped into her, she was a young woman around the same age as her, “I am sorry” the young stranger apologized politely before walking past Hye Mi without turning back.

Not saying a single word, Hye Mi slowly and gradually twirled her head around. Her eyes showed no sign of emotion or as to what she is thinking but her stares followed the woman that she had just encountered.

She watched another young man exclaimed excitedly with happiness lingered in his tone, “Yoon Baek Hee.” The woman that had been named as Yoon Baek Hee froze in her pace as she glanced at the direction of the voice and a smile crept upon her face immediately, “Sam Dong” she called back at his name.

Sam Dong took a step forward to Baek Hee and held onto her both hands in a friendly manner while she only expressed in a tone filled with surprise and astonish at the sight of him “Sam Dong, why are you here? I thought you was going to stay with aunty and uncle.”

Without removing the smile that was widely on his face, he shook his head “no, I am here is because this is my path. Baek Hee, let’s achieve our dream together” he suggested with a charming smile on his face as he gazed straight at Baek Hee which only bobbed her head with a beautiful smile on her face as response.

In a few distance behind them and standing there without moving from her spot, Hye Mi watched the two of them and she finally looked away with an impassive face as she continued back her directionless stroll.

Author's Note

I am so sorry that i havent update for a long time as i have just currently finish my high school certificate and high school i will have more times to update. i am very thankful and very happy to see all the comment and all the subscriber, i hope you guys will continue to leave me comment and continue to subscribe ^^