final

I wanna be pretty

 

 

                                   Just by reading the title, you'll probably know how I look. I'm prettily unpretty. The nerdy type of a girl that's what I am. You can usually see me with my eyeglasses on. I love wearing oversized jackets or shirts and jeans with my sneakers. I don't even bother wearing any make up on. I just tie my 'witch-like' hair into a ponytail and that's it. At school, people would just look at me weirdly and sometimes I know they talk about me behind my back. But guess what? I don't really care. I don't even care of what they think about me. If something bad can't make you live life easier then don't mind it. That's my motto. I have friends too but those friends are those students who's like me. NERD.GEEK.WHATEVER. That's what they call us. I don't care. Why would I? Since i'm living life this way, I never got interested with the opposite . They are just bunch of egoistic,histrionic,narcissistic walking homosapiens without nothing productive to do but break every barbie doll's heart. I swore to all the living Demi-Gods that I won't fall to any charms of those walking egoistic human being. I know I swore, even doing the famous pinky swear but what happened? Why am I falling to our school's famous prince of heartbreakers? Why am I falling with this kind of human? Why am I falling with this kind of egoistic person? Maybe because I was wrong about him. Maybe because he's not really the heartbreaker I kept in my mind. I fall inlove with him maybe because he choose to be my Lab partner in our Chemistry class. Maybe because he smiled at me at the pathway. Maybe because he didn't laugh when a ball was purposely thrown directly hitting my face. Maybe because he punched the face of the guy who threw that damn ball. Maybe because he assisted me to the clinic. Maybe because he accompanied me to my doctor when I have to change my now broken eyeglasses. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe he was just being nice and friendly. I don't know. I can't help but have a crush on him which later on turned into love. I don't know what love is. Is it love whenever you see him and there's butterfly inside your stomach? Is it love whenever there's a car race inside your chest whenever he looks at you and smiles? That smile which make every girl fall for him? Whatever I am feeling is not right. He's just nice and most probably won't like me. He's always surrounded by those pretty girls in a short skirt and tight fitting clothes. Who knows if one of them is his girlfriend? I don't have any chance. Sometimes, just like them I wanna be pretty. I wanna be pretty.

"Hey Dara!"-it's him. Why is he talking to me? OMG. How did he appeared infront of me?

"Hey Jiyong.."- I said shyly. I moved to the further end of the bench I'm currently sitting for him to sit too. But instead of sitting at the further end, he sat closely to me and he even put his arms around my shoulder. Kill me now. I'm serious, kill me before I kiss him.

"You're spacing out again. Haha. What are you thinking about?" -he said. I am so stiffened knowing the fact that his arms is still around my shoulder.

"Ahh nothing. I was just thinking that maybe you could remove that because i'm not comfortable.." I said while pointing to his arms..

"Hahaha. You really are funny that's why I like you.. ^^, "- he said. He likes me? OMG. He said he likes me. What should I do? Shall I tell him that I like him too? What should I do? What?

"Hey Dara.. You're spacing out again.." -he said while pouting cutely. Arrgghh! Why should he do that? Only girls should do that! But he did it in a super cute manner that I wanna kiss him. I wanna kiss him. I really do.

"Dara.. Stop spacing out okay? I'm saying something.." - he said while pretending to be irritated but fails because he keeps on smiling.

"Ahh. Sorry. What are you trying to say?"

"I was just wondering if you would attend our Gala Night.."

"No. No one asked me to be their date so no." -In our school, in order to attend balls like that, someone should ask you to be their date. What a rule right? Tss. Such a discriminating rule. What will happen to us, the geeky ones? No one bothers to invite us.

"Ohh really. If that's the case, hmm, will you go and be my date?" - OMG again. This guy is really impossible. He's making butterflies fly around my stomach. He's making cars race inside my chest.

"Dara.." he said. He is actually chuckling..

"Yes?"

"Spacing out is a mannerism of yours isn't it? Hehe.."

"Opps. Sorry. I was just shocked.."

"Shocked? By what?"

"Shocked that you're asking me to be your date this coming Gala Night.."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe because there are pretty girls out there, like her and her, who is dying to be your date but instead you're asking me, the nerdy type, to be your date. Are you out of your mind? Did aliens somehow abduct you?" I said while pointing to those girls who's passing by and looking at us. They probably are thinking why Jiyong is talking to me. Why the famous Jiyong is talking to me...

"Silly!"- he said then he pinched my chubby cheeks. I on the other hand blushed. "I am not out of my mind. I'm not abducted by aliens. I just want to ask you to be my date because I want too and no, you're pretty. Very pretty in your own way. I like you.."

I literally can't move. This guy is really impossible. How can he like me? How can he say I'm pretty. He just keeps on chuckling because of my expression..

"You know what Dara, the first time I saw you during our Chemistry class I instantly had a crush on you. You may not believe me but it's actually true. You may even wonder why I keep on talking to you during free times. You're the type of a girl whom I'll never get tired of talking. When I smile randomly, it's because I am thinking of you. You're the reason why I never skip chemistry class even though I extremely hate that subject. You're the reason why I'm not a playboy now. You made me change into someone who girls will love just because I am me. You taught me how to be true always. You changed me. You made me realize that someone like  me can love truly. I don't just like you but I think I love you.."

 

"But..I..amm..ajhjagsjgajfkv!" I can't even talk straight. argggghhh!

"I didn't know you know how to curse. haha. I still love you though.." he then kissed me on my cheeks which made me blushed even more and which cause the jealous girls passing by to cry.

" YAAAH! What are you doing?!" I hissed at him. He just chuckled, AGAIN.

"Kissing my girlfriend?" he said.

"I'm not your girlfriend you egoistic man.."

"I'm declaring it. From now on, you, Dara Park is the girlfriend of Kwon Jiyong."

"I have the right to say no don't you know that?" I said teasingly.

"I won't give you the right." I was about to say something when he suddenly kiss me on the lips. "Come on Dara. Please be my girlfriend. I love you.."

"I love you too.." That's all I can say. I don't have the heart to break the heart of this handsome egoistic guy infront of me.. ^^