Final

Stay

 

I was cleaning our apartment when I saw the last memory that I keep when he was beating me and he was looking for other picture so I keep this one. He was jealous that time when he saw me looking at one of my other picture containing me and my first boyfriend. The picture was torn into two, he was furious that time telling me that I have been cheating on him. How could that be possible when we were in Seoul and HE was in Busan. Fortunately, I only brought two picture, one is the picture that he discovered and the other one is the picture of me and my family with HIM. This picture that I am holding right now was held when I said ‘YES’ to HIM.

 

 

I was once lived in Busan with my family. We were composed of mother, father, sister and brother. We were a happy family, my parents taught us how to be a religious, respectful especially to the eldest and to love each other. We were so perfect that all the people in our neighborhood envy us. Some say my parents are very lucky having a child like us. I’m the eldest, I am Park Sandara. My sibling that is next to me is Park Durami and lastly but never be the least is my favorite brother, Park Cheundong. We were literally happy, I am very contented with our lives even though we were not rich. They said that simplicity is more beautiful than elegancy and I am the living proof of that phrase. Don’t get me wrong about what I said. That’s what townspeople say when I am around. Sometimes they are calling me “The Epitome of the Beauty of Simplicity”. Ke!

 

 

Many bachelors in town like me, it’s either rich or poor, they always pursuing me but I rejected all of them except one guy. Kwon Jiyong, the only guy that I allow to be close to me. He’s filthy rich but that’s not the reason why I let him to be my friend. Almost all my suitors are rich, they always gave me anything but this Kwon Jiyong never gave me anything from the beginning until my birthday. At first, I don’t know what’s running on his mind that I can’t even read him. He’s always using his poker face even his in front of me. But one day all my impression to him was changed when I got a chance to talk to him.

 

 

Flashback

 

I was going to the market when someone appears in front of me. I was scared the moment he block my way. I didn’t got the chance to see who it is for I was busy looking at the pavements. When I look who it was, I was shocked for I saw the famous Kwon Jiyong in town. He was famous for being rich, handsome, attractive and most importantly single. He’s my suitor but we’re not close for he was too quiet. I rejected all the decent and even the indecent proposal that came from my ex-suitors for I was not ready for some kind of a relationship and I don’t care if they are rich or not for I was not feeling anything towards them. I crease my forehead to him. I didn’t have the chance to reject this guy for he was only talking to my family and not me. Maybe this is the time to talk to him and tell him that I don’t like him. But before I utter a word, he beat me to it.

 

 

“Can I talk to you?” this is not my first time hearing his voice but whenever he talks to me, I get goosebumps. Suddenly he reaches for my wrist but when his skin touches mine I stiffened. He drag me to the nearest bench and he ushered me to sit.

“What do you want?!” I am pissed. How could he drag me like that?

“I am not going to stop pursuing you even if you told me so” I scoffed.

“How can you pursue me when in the first step you already failed?”

“What step?” confusion was written on his face. This is my first time to see a reaction in his face. Even when he was talking to my family, he only wear his poker face.

“Everyone know that for you to capture someone’s heart you have to show kindness like giving gifts”

“You want me to bribe you by giving you gifts?” he raised his left eyebrow and look at me.

“I am not saying that. I just want to say that giving gifts doesn’t always mean that you are bribing someone. It only shows your gratitude towards someone”

“Do you know why I am not giving you anything, yet?” when I didn’t answer, he continue. “For I want to show you who’s the real me. I may not be friendly but I know in myself who are the people that can gain my trust. I also don’t want you to think that I am using my money just to get you. For me action speaks louder than words”

“But I don’t think money can buy anything” I bow my head.

“I know, but I want to tell you that some people can be deceived by accepting gifts, they became dazzled with money”

“But I am not like that” I don’t know why I am exerting some effort in explaining to him. Aish!

“And that’s why I fell in love with you. Having a beauty is a gift but with a soft personality is a talent. I admire your humility, beauty and being a caring daughter to your family” I am just looking at his eyes. I can’t look away for I was captivated in his stare. “Let me prove to you how much I love you in my own little way”

“Fine” I heard myself. I don’t know why I allow him to continue for I was sure that I don’t love him maybe I was attracted to him but LOVE? I don’t think so.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

After his confession to me about his feelings, he’s been sweet towards me but he never give me a gift. Sometimes Jiyong and I are just strolling around the town using his car or by walk. He is accompanying me whenever I am going to market or to the mall. He’s always at our house, whenever I am preparing a food he would help me. I remember when Cheundong was left in our house, me and my parents are all busy in our work while Durami is in her school, he was hungry for he doesn’t know how to cook. He can’t go outside and buy a food for we forgot to leave him some money. Suddenly Jiyong came and cook for him, when I ask Jiyong how did he knew that Cheundong has a problem, he just said that he wants to visit me and forgot that I have a job that time and Cheundong ask him to cook for him.

 

 

He’s been very a good suitor towards me and my family. Sometimes I can see him laughing with my family and my family is already comfortable to him. He makes me smile whenever he will utter corny jokes. Whenever I am depressed about my work and he’s with me all my frustrations will be thrown to him. He didn’t complain whenever I do that, he just taking all that things that I am saying to him, he just keeps his silent. I remember when I got home feeling tired because one of our project in the company was failed.

 

 

Flashback

 

I heard a knock on our door. I don’t want to stand from where I was sitting for I am exhausted. I ask Cheundong to open the door.

“Noona, hyung is here” then I saw Jiyong making his way towards me.

“What do you want? I am tired, just go back tomorrow” I said.

“Are you tired? Do you want to go outside so that you can be relaxed?” I realized that he’s right. Maybe I’ll be relaxed once the fresh air goes to my system.

 

 

When we reach the park he’s just silent, I tell him what happen to me that day. He just keeps his silent, suddenly I get tired in telling him my complains. I look at him but he is not looking at me.

“Are you listening to me?!” I ask him, pissed. “Are you really like this?! Why can’t you just tell me something that can alleviate my feelings?! I thought if I talked to you I’ll be fine. I guess I’m wrong. Just go home if you don’t want to talk to me!” I shouted at him.

“I am listening, you know why I am not talking? It is because I want you to release all your frustrations, I don’t care if you’re going to put the blame on me. I just want you to feel that I am here even the others are not” when he said that a tear fell in my eye. He’s just too good to be true. Suddenly I felt being embrace, I don’t know why but my heart begin to thump in a fast speed. At first I am hesitant to hug him back but when I felt him loosening his embrace to me, I hug him tight while I cry my eyes out. After making me sure that I am calm he pat me and let me go.

“Are you okay now?” I nod to him, I look at him then suddenly a smile form in his face. The erratic beat of my heart begin to double. Argh! I think I will have a heart attack.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

All the people in my neighborhood ask if Jiyong and I are dating but I told them that we’re not. However, I am feeling different whenever we’re together. After the incident in the park, I feel like I always want to see him. I’m always looking forward to his text or call. I always feel my heart thump whenever I am looking or talking to him.

 

 

I will never forget the day I accept him as my boyfriend.

 

 

Flashback

 

It is my birthday, I woke up early for I was excited what this day will bring me. When I reach for my alarm clock still my eyes are closed, I felt something. I open my eyes to see what is that thing and I was shocked from what I saw. My room filled with different kind of flowers. I saw a bouquet next to my alarm clock. A red roses with a card inside, I open the card and a tear fell in my eyes.

 

My Butterfly,

                        You told me that if you die and will be reincarnate you want to be a butterfly. For you want to be free and be surrounded by many flowers. I thought that if the next life and you happened to be a butterfly I may not be next to you. So here I am granting what you want for I want to see a beautiful butterfly next to me.

                                                                                                                                                                                         KJ

 

I was overwhelmed that I didn’t notice someone leaning at my door frame.

“Do you like it?” when I look at him, he was smiling to me. I ran to him and hug him tight. “Happy 24th Birthday, My Butterfly” he whispered through my ears that I felt every strand of my hair risen.

 

 

He told me to prepare for work and he’ll just wait for me. I heard my family at our kitchen chit chatting. When I enter the kitchen I was shocked that all my favorite dishes were served. I hug my mother and my father for I was thankful that they didn’t forget my birthday.

“Well good morning to you too. But to burst your bubble we didn’t prepare this. Maybe someone deserves your hug than us” my mom told me.

“Jiyong prepare all this food. We just told him the dishes that he have to cook for you” my dad interfere. I look at Jiyong and he just shrugged. I was about to hug him when he speak.

“I got a reward a while ago and it is enough for me” I saw him blushed and I just giggle from what I saw.

 

 

I reach my desk in my work when I notice a bouquet of red roses. From what I remember I don’t have any suitor except Jiyong. I saw a note inside and read it.

 

My Butterfly,

                        Have a good day for this is your special day. I want you to feel special today. If you feel like giving up and being frustrated in some work that you have to do just post this note to your cork board and read it.

                                                                                                                                                                                           KJ

 

I saw another note in the envelope.

 

DON’T GIVE UP! HWAITING! YAH! YAH! YAH!

 

PS. DON’T WORRY I AM WILLING TO BE YOUR PUNCHING BAG IF YOU FAILED ANOTHER PROJECT..

 

I put the note in my cork board. All my officemates look at me with their teasing smiles. Aigoo! I can feel my blood rise in my head. My cheeks are burning for so much giddiness.

 

 

Lunch time arrived, me and my friends are ready to go outside for I am going to treat them when a guard appear in our door with a guy behind him.

“Is Ms. Park Sandara is here?” the guard asks us.

“I’m here. Wae?”

“There’s a delivery for you Ma’am” a guy showed from the guard behind with foods in his hand. I ushered the guy to put the food in the conference room. When he was done putting the food in the table he gave me a note.

 

My Butterfly,

                        This food is for you and your friends. I know that you’re going to treat them lunch for it was your birthday. I just don’t want you to go outside your office for it was raining very hard so I ask someone to deliver a food to you. I’ll pick you up later, see you.

                                                                                                                                                                                           KJ

 

How many times he’s going to surprise me?! Aish! I am not use to have Jiyong making surprises. It’s just unpredictable.

 

 

Another project was approved, I don’t know if it is because I was in the mood or there’s something or should I call someone that is motivating me. Aigoo! Whenever I’ll look at my cork board a smile will be form in my lips. Omo! Am I falling for him?! Fine! I will not deny the fact that I have been fallen in love with him. I think that’s the time when he hug me but now I think I’ve fallen in love with him all over again. Aigoo!

 

 

When I went outside our building I didn’t saw his car. I look at my left and right but he’s nowhere to be found. I think he was late, I hate people being late but now I think I’m not going to get angry with him for he was very generous right now. I felt giddy looking forward for another surprise that Jiyong will make. After sometime I saw his car going to my direction.

 

 

“I’m sorry if I was late, there’s a problem in the company that needs to be solved. Did I make you wait long?” he said with a crease forehead. Aigoo! So handsome! Yeah yeah! I am in love with this guy. Psh!

“Aniyo! Where are we going?” I said while I settle myself in his car.

“We’re going to your house. Your parents told me that they will cook something special for you because it’s your birthday and it is traditional in your house”

“We’re not going somewhere?” my voice was filled with disappointment. Aish! I thought he’s going to surprise me again.

“Wae? You want to go somewhere?” he ask me while facing the road”

“Aniyo” I said with a small voice. Why I am showing this side of me to him? He already did everything to make this day memorable, I must show to him that I appreciate all of his actions. “You’re going to eat in our house right?” I ask him with a bright attitude.

“Of course, your omma invited me” he face me with a smile. Aigoo!

 

 

When we got home he face me with a serious face then handed me a note. Confused in his sudden change of mood I read the note.

 

My Butterfly,

                        Happy Birthday! I’m hungry! Let’s eat! Neh?

                                                                                                                                                                                            KJ

 

Even though this note is not like the other two notes that he sent me a while ago and he’s not being sweet here, I felt giddy. I nod my answer while smiling.

 

 

Like my past birthday celebration, my family cook so many foods. The dinner is not that special, we just chit chat to each other. We took a family picture like my past celebration but of course Jiyong was also there. The only difference of this celebration to my past celebration is that Jiyong is beside me. Suddenly Jiyong drag me outside our house and ushered me to go inside the car. I complied and settle myself in my sit. He start the engine while smiling. Eh? Did I miss something? I was very confuse why he is acting that way when I notice that the car made a stop. I look outside the car and all I can see is a very dark park.

 

 

I went outside the car, confused. I am here standing in the dark park, the place where our first hug happened. Omo! My heart begin to thump and I was about to ask him why we were here when the park comes to light. The trees were filled with a Christmas light that is colored white. And in the middle of the park a green house is settled. How come that the green house were in this park? He drag me again in the green house that is also filled with Christmas light. He was at my back when we reach the front door. I was about to turn the door knob when a note appear in front of me. I face him then give the note to him, he look at me with a defeated face.

 

 

“Read it for me” I said with a smile on my face.

 

“My Butterfly” he said.

“Did you think that I will let this day will end without giving you something special? For all the time we were together, you always give me a butterfly in my stomach. I ask myself when will be the time that I can give you a butterfly in your stomach” then he stop and begin to smile at me. “I think I already did that”

“Conceited!” I scoffed at him then he continue to read his note. I think he’s right for I was feeling a butterfly inside my stomach.

“Did you remember what I did to your room a while ago? Did you feel being a butterfly even for a second?” he look at me so I nod to him. “I am not just going to make you feel to be a butterfly but I am going to make you a real butterfly” he open the door of the green house.

 

 

I look at the green house being amazed. “It’s beautiful” seeing this green house full of different color of butterfly.

“Of course, all the butterfly in this world is beautiful. But if you’re going to be a butterfly I think all the butterfly will be ugly” I look at him with a pout. Is he mocking me? “Because if you’re going to be a butterfly, the only butterfly that is beautiful in my eyes is only you” then he pull a red rose in one corner and gave it to me. “Do you know what I want to be if I am going to be reincarnate?”

“What?” I ask him. We were already sitting in the pavement, sometimes some of the butterfly will fly towards us.

“I want to be a red rose. For I want to be the source of the life of a beautiful butterfly like you” I felt my heart thump again.

“Why red rose?” I look at him.

“Red rose is a very beautiful flower and I want you, my butterfly, to notice me. If I am just a simple flower you’ll never notice me” he bow his head.

“It is not important if you’re beautiful or not. As long as you are willing to be the source of my life, I am going to notice you” I look at him in the eyes.

“I am willing to be the source of your life even it cause me my death” then he hold my hand and press it to his lips. Thump thump thump! My heart is going to burst! I don’t know if I’m nervous, excited or scared. “Can I be the flower that will keep you alive?”

It takes a while for me to answer him. “YES” I said with a small voice. This is my first time saying this word in my suitor. He hug me and I hug him back.

 

End of flashback

 

 

In our first year, we were inseparable. We do things together, plan things together and decide things together. We were so in love that I didn’t mind giving him all my first. First love, first hug, first kiss and I also gave up my ity to him. I start to take pills for I was scared to get pregnant in a very young age.  I told myself that I will never regret it for I am sure that he will also be my last. But all the good things will never last long. After our first year anniversary, Jiyong and I became busy. The things that we were doing in our first year became less. We will argue why we didn’t do this or do that. I remember the greatest argument that we’ve done.

 

 

Flashback

 

I saw him in his study table. I am here at his pad for he was busy to visit me so I have the initiative to visit him. Kekeke!  “Yeobo” I said with my sweetest voice.

“Hmmm?” still his eyes were glue to his laptop.

“Are you hungry?” I ask him while massaging his back.

“Do you want something?” Omo! How did he know what is my purpose here? Aish!

I get the other chair and settle myself next to him. “Ahm. My friends are going to get a tattoo and I want also. Is it okay to you?” I am crossing my fingers in my hand and even in my feet hoping he’ll allow me to do that.

“No” he said still looking at his laptop.

“Wae? You’re only my boyfriend. I can do what I want to do in my body!” I said while I stand up.

“Yeobo! Can’t you see I am busy!? I have to finish this project so that…….” but before he finish his outburst I cut him off with my loud bawling. Wide eyed he approach me. “Mianhe Yeobo, I was just frustrated about this. I really didn’t want to shout on you. Yeobo” he was about to hold my hand but I am already walking out of his pad.

 

End of flashback

 

 

The argument were fueled by many complains that I bombarded to him like he didn’t let me to ride to my friend’s motorbike even I am late in my work. And when I enter our office my boss bombarded me with so many questions. I resigned after that. I have nothing to do and I am very bored with my life. I was very angry with him, when he was visiting me I didn’t let him. I always make an excuse for I don’t want to see him or to talk to him about our problem. When he was texting me or calling me, I would always turn my cellphone off. I was bored in our relationship that sometimes when my friends have a night out I’ll come to them without asking for his permission. I am rebelling against him. One time when me and my friends were in a bar I bumped into someone. I look at him, he got a fine nose, a thin lips and nice hair, I have been mesmerized in his beauty. That time I was drunk but I know what I am doing, I drag him to the dance floor and grind my body to him. He didn’t fail me for he was also grinding his body towards me. I remember he told me his name and it is Lee Minho. The next thing I remember was we were in the same bed, . The one night became two, and then became three, until we lost count in doing so. Whenever we will escape to my boyfriend’s eye we feel excited. He would give me a ride in his motorbike but we were in a secluded place for we don’t want to be seen together. You know my boyfriend, he got many connections. Psh! Rich bastard!

 

 

One night I was about to cross the street to go to Minho’s apartment when someone’s car stopped in front of me. He make his way towards me. “Yeobo, let’s go” he said with a pleading voice.

“I am not going to come with you. I am meeting my friends” I said not looking at him.

“A girl friend or a guy friend?”

“A girl! Of course! What do you think of me?! Are you accusing me of something I didn’t do?” it’s a good thing there’s no one around.

“I am not implying something Yeobo. I’m sorry. Okay, you can meet them but can I come with you?”

“NO” then I turn my back to him. He hold my right wrist and turn me to face him.

“Are we still together Yeobo?” I felt he’s sadness. My heart became to hurt. What did I do? As if a cold water thrown in my face, I became aware that I’ve been hurting Jiyong for the sake of ‘good times’. I was about to hug him when a hand hold my left wrist. When I look who it might be I was welcomed with a furious Minho.

“Let go of her Kwon Jiyong!” Minho knew Jiyong’s name for he was always our topic.

“No Mr. Lee, you let go of her” Jiyong said calmly. I was shocked that Jiyong knew Minho’s name. “I am not stupid Dara, I know what’s happening”

“Let her to choose who she wants to be with. If she will choose you, I’ll go far away from her. But if she choose me, we’ll go far away from you” Minho exclaimed.

“Fine, I’ll accept whatever My Butterfly wants” I look at Minho first before I look at him.

 

 

“Jiyong” I said while looking at him, he looks at me with a forming smile in his lips. “I chose Minho” I heard Minho’s smirk.

“Yeo-Dara are you sure? I’ll change for you, just-just don’t leave me, please?” a tear fell in his eyes. I felt Jiyong’s hold to me loosen up.

“It’s not working for both of us”

“I’ll find a way to work it out. Just-just please stay with me”

“I made a choice Jiyong and you’re not a part of it” Minho turn me around so that I can’t see Jiyong’s face.

“Please Dara, My Butterfly, please stay” with that I walked out with his life.

 

 

Minho and I eloped after the incident. I didn’t go to my house for I was scared to see Jiyong there. In our first months we were happy but when some of our neighbors admire my beauty especially boys he became jealous. He won’t let me to go outside the apartment. I was stuck in this house and in his life. After realizing my wrong decision it was already too late. Then one night he gets home drunk, he blame me for his misfortune. He shouted at me so I also shouted at his face that trigger he’s frustrations. He beat me until he was satisfied. He would always beat me whenever I make a bad move. One time he wants to have with me but I can’t for I was full of bruise and my body really hurts. He didn’t get my excuse so he beat me again. I can’t run away from him for he threaten me to kill my family. Lord knows how much I want to get away from him. The last beating that I experience was when he saw my and Jiyong’s picture.

 

 

It’s a good thing that he’s not here in the apartment but for sure when he gets home he’ll beat me again. I turn-on the T.V for I was done in cleaning the house. The show in the TV is news and I am not fond of that kind of news. I was about to change the channel when Minho’s face flashed in the TV.

 

A notorious drug dealer Lee Minho was caught in act in selling a large number of drugs in a notorious gang here in Seoul. He’s also wanted in a crime like murder and .

 

I don’t know what I am going to do, should I celebrate for I knew that he’ll be rot in the jail or should I visit him? Being stuck here at our apartment many realization came into my mind. Like I am not really like this, my parents taught us how to be responsible, to be a good person and to love each other. I change my clothes and pack all my things. “I’m going home. Please Jiyong wait for me”

 

 

I am here at the jail with a pack of food. “What are you doing here? Are you happy now?! Go back to your prince! I don’t need you!”

“Yeah you’re right I should get going now for I miss my family” he scoffed. “But I will miss you” a tear fell in my eyes. I stand from where I am sitting, I was about to go when he called me.

“I’m sorry”

 

 

I stepped outside the Busan’s train station. Many people are coming and go in this town and this time I will stay.

 

“Jiyong, please wait for me”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's so nice to mark the story as completed! yay!