Prolog

'My Sunshine' Bó Xián Wu

 

Prolog

 

 

September, 11th 2022

Café Lamp, Myungdong, South Korea

 

It’s the beginning of autumn in South Korea. The green leaves are turning to yellow and brown. The sky is grey with cloud a heavy gray spread out above. The air is cold but he strangely feels the warmness warping around his slightly trembling body in his white sweater. He isn’t quite sure why but since he has come to this place the warmness came around him even though the air is miserably cold.

He looks at the grey sky through the large glass window next to him. He blinks his eyes a few times, still, he feels tickling and fluttering sensation in his stomach as he gazes the sight around his surrounding. It feels nice and welcoming and he is dearly missing it.

Nothing has changed much here since the last time he saw and felt everything here before he left, to leave behind his life in Korea, to leave behind his dream, to leave behind his family and friends with his beloved one; to start a new life as pure as a newborn and he doesn’t regret anything after he left.

He loves it.

Exhaling slowly, he feels the fluttering feeling still in his stomach. He doesn’t have an idea why but the only thing he knows is he is home, to Korea, the place he was born and raised as a person he is.

 

 

His name was Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

A buzzing sound makes him back from his own thoughts, jolting him a little. The screen of this phone reflects his sweet smile as he sees who is calling him, his beloved one.

“Hello,” he says cheerfully after he hears a throaty yet loving tone of ‘Hello, dear.’ “Umm… Yeah, I’m okay. I’m at the Café Lamp—third floor. Misa-yah?” He drops his gaze to the toddler who is sitting calmly on his laps and wiggling her short legs to the air, making a cute baby’s giggles. I guess she’s not that calm though. “She’s okay too. I think she’s missing her papa,” he coos and gives a quick kiss on her head. Giggling, he nods his head, “Yeah, I’m the one who is missing you right now, Mr. handsome. So, when are you gonna come?” He smiles satisfyingly as the answer. “Okay, I’ll be waiting. I love you, see you.” As being a greasy person he is, he makes a ‘mwuah’ sound to his lover before end the call.

Ten minutes, huh? That’s so long.

He adjusts the position of his baby girl, to facing him. “Misa-yah, Your papa will be coming soon. Are you happy?” He gives her an Eskimo kiss, making the toddler giggling as she claps her tiny fists. “Yes, you are, yes, you are, sweetie!”

“Papa!”

The toddler is happy squealing in delight.

“Give mama your kisses, sweetie,” He leans closer to her. The toddler happily gives him wet kisses on his face. “I love you.”

 

“Excuse me.”

 

He stops immediately when he was about to kiss his baby back as he hears someone is speaking to him, he thinks. He turns his head and seeing a woman who is smiling shyly at him and she bows her head a little. Maybe around his hyung’s age or a bit younger.

“Do I bother you?” she asks politely.

The said man just titles his head, doesn’t catch every words she has said to him. Why did she speak in Ko—Ah, that’s right. I’m in Korea right now!

He smiles sheepishly and gestures that woman to sit on an empty seat before him. “I’m sorry I was forgotten that everyone is speaking in Korean here, so I didn’t catch what you were saying just now,” He lets out an awkward chuckle. How could he forger his mother language? He sighs, even hearing someone speaks in Korean sounds foreign in his ears now. But he kind of misses it; speaking in his native with other Koreans also.

“So, can I help you?” He suddenly feels funny on his tongue speaking in Korean, but, hey, this feels good!

The woman across him is just staring at him for a moment before smiling warmly to him, “I’m Shin In Young—your fans—“.

Fans?

“—You’re Byun Baekhyun-sii, right? It’s been a long time since the last time I saw you.”

There is a good moment of silence between them.

The said man just keeps silent as he sees the woman’s eyes are sparkling and is about to say something, so he manages to hear her first. But he gives her a smile; the smile that was usually making all girls dropped their knees to him.

“You don’t change a bit, really! Still the sweet voice Byun Baekhyun that I knew—that eye smile of yours. You’re just look more mature and handsomer now—yet still as sweet as ever—after four years EXO disbanded,” Her smile weakens once she says the last word, “You all are amazing young man I’ve ever adored, I’m happy that I was one of your fans.”

She laughs sheepishly as she realizes the man before her is just showing a smile on his thin lips, doesn’t saying a word at all since she has spoken.

He still reminds silent as he thinks about what and who he was before. That’s the past, just the past and it’s too bitter also sweet at the same time to remember.

“I’m sorr—”

“Don’t be, just keep talking.” He a little bit sounds demanding, still putting his smile.

“I’m sorry if I’m rude. Actually, I was not sure at first when I saw you sat here. And I thought I might be seeing a wrong person since you’re speaking in English just now—that I barely know what it means— but your voice, I still can remember it clearly in my head,” she pauses, “and surprisingly seeing you with a baby girl now.” She drops her gaze to the small girl in his gaze, showing a motherly smile before asking, “Baekhyun-siim are you married?” she asks carefully. “Who is this lucky girl?”

“Ma…”

Before he can answer her, his attention now is fully to his baby girl who is rubbing her eyes sleepily. His eyes soften and put her head on his shoulder, begins to lull her to sleep. She must be tired.

 

“Bó Xián.”

 

A deep and low voice comes through the room. The said man turns his head to the direction where the voice come from. He can’t help but smile seeing his beloved one standing handsomely—he says—and is walking to him with a loving smile on his peculiar bowed lips.

“I’m sorry I’m late, love.” The taller man bends down to give a kiss on the smaller man—two kisses. “Is she sleeping?” he whispers gazing his baby girls in her mommy’s arms.

The smaller man hums, “Yifan, this is Shin In Young.” He points the woman whom her eyes are widened in shock and mouth gapping slightly, maybe too shocked seeing two guys kissing in public place. “and Shin In Young-sii this Wu Yifan.”

In Young awkwardly shakes her hand with Yifan’s yet her eyes are not leaving from Yifan, “I’m Shi-Shin In Young, nice to meet you Yifan-sii,” she says, stuttering.

Yifan’s left arm protectively locks around the petite man beside him, “Bó Xián, who is she?” He says with his perfect Canadian accent, a hint of jealousy can be heard as he gazes the woman.

The smaller man gives a light kiss on his chin, “Don’t be jealous, we’re just talking about stuff, and—” He adjusts his baby to the comfort position in his arms; she’s starting to whimper soon. “—she’s one of our fans. You’ve to treat her nicely.”

The taller man just nods his head.

A light chuckling can be heard from the smaller man’s lips as seeing the woman before him is still staring at them with wide eyes and is slightly parted. It reminds him of someone.

“In Young-ssi? Does this remind you of someone?” A small smirk appears on his lips.

Nodding her head nervously, she gulps, “Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking about right now. I think I’ve seen your husband before, but I’m not sure where and who it was.”

“Kris Wu.”

Her eyes get wider and her hands dramatically covering her gapping mouth. The Kris Wu in his head completely different since the last time she saw him. He just looks more handsome with his dark ebony hair, stern eyebrows and peculiar bowed lips, yet he still looks god-like.

“About your question before am I married or am I not, yes, I am and the person in front of you now, who is standing beside me, is the mad I’m married with; my husband and the father of my baby, Wu Yifan or some people known him as Kris Wu, the former of EXO member.” Nodding, he whispers, “So, there’s no lucky girl.”

“So, you two are—”

“There is no shame being in love with same gender and being a gay. It’s all about love, love is boundless,” he says softly, earning a kiss on his temple from his husband, a chaste and sweet kiss.

A satisfied smile playfully plasters on his lips before walking out of the café. He turns to In Young, saying, “As for you information In Young-ssi,” he waits until the latter is focus on him. “I’m not Byun Baekhyun. Bó Xián Wu, that who I am.”

 

 

His name is Bó Xián Wu.

 

 

---

 

 

A/N: Pardon me if there're some grammatical erros, this is unbeta-ed story. Smalessly writing this 'cuz I love Krisbaek too damn much. Hope this one isn't disappointed you though.