Forever Love

'Till Death Do Us Part

“Umma, Appa, I’m off to work!” Changmin said happily, showing his pearly white teeth. He kissed Jaejoong’s cheeks; he stood beside his appa’s bed and kissed his forehead. “Take care, appa, hope you get well soon!” Changmin smiled one last time before turning to leave the room. “Bye Umma! Bye appa!” Mincheo said and walked beside his brother. “Please lock the door, Min! Stay safe!” when Jaejoong heard the front door close and the keys jiggle. He looked at his lover who was staring at the ceiling; he moved towards him and held his hand carefully. “Yunho-ah… Come on! Let’s eat?” He got no response and Jaejoong just adjusted the steering rod to make the bed bend a little. Yunho just looked at Jaejoong, his eyes following his angel’s every move. He may not be able to move but his heart still beats, he is very thankful to have Jaejoong with him, so loyal and helpful. But sometimes he regrets having Jaejoong with him because every time he sees Jaejoong cleaning the room, he can’t help him, he can only lay down on his bed, unable to move, uttering little murmurs if he needed him.

“Come on, open up! It’s your favorite!” Yunho wanted to smile but his facial tissues wouldn’t allow him. He closed his eyes and feels tears prickling behind his eyelids. “Hubby-ah… why are you crying?” Jaejoong asked. He puts the bowl down, cups Yunho’s face warily, and wipes the tears forming in his lover’s eyes. “Don’t cry my hubby, I’m strong,” he kissed his lips, just a peck full of love.

When Jaejoong was done with all the chores and cleaning Yunho up, it was already nine fifty PM and the two siblings weren’t home yet. “Are you hungry, Yunho-ah? You want me to cook?” Jaejoong smiled and Yunho slowly murmurs a sound in reply. “I’ll be right back, hubby-ah,” he kissed Yunho’s forehead before heading out of the room. When Jaejoong went downstairs to the kitchen, he put on his apron, grabbed the rice cooker, and set it up. When he was done, the phone suddenly rang. He wiped his hands on his apron and went towards the living room. “Yoboseyo?”

“Umma,”

“Oh! Changmin-ah, why did you call? Where are you? It’s already ten.”

“Sorry, umma, but me and Mincheo will be late, but don’t worry, we will come back later, it’s just really busy here and-”

“Don’t worry, it’s okay… take care okay? Have you eaten?”

“Thanks umma, yep, I ate already and I think Mincheo has eaten too, well, I love you, umma! Say I love you to appa too okay?” Jaejoong nodded as if Changmin could see him. “Bye…”

As soon as Jaejoong hung up, he smelled something burning and then a loud bang sound, he rapidly ran towards the kitchen and his heart nearly stopped, the rice cooker was burning. “Omo!” He ran to the sink and tried to open the faucet but it was too hot as the fire got wider and wider. “Aish!” he ran upstairs to the bathroom and grabbed a pail of water, his heart beating fast as he headed for the kitchen. However one pail of water wasn’t enough and the fire continued to scatter rapidly.

“Yunho!” Jaejoong swiftly sprinted to their room and saw his hubby’s worried face. Jaejoong looked up at the ceiling and there he sees the fire starting to spread. “!” the lights suddenly went off, leaving only the fire on the ceiling to give them light. “Yunho-ah!” Jaejoong’s eyes pooled with tears and ran towards Yunho, “Yunho, come on!” He tried to lift Yunho off the bed but it was no use, his strength wasn’t enough. “Yunho!” Jaejoong could see tears in Yunho’s eyes; he sighed and closed his eyes. In one breath, he pulled Yunho’s arms and caught his body. They landed on the floor with a loud thud. “AH!” Jaejoong screamed in pain, Yunho’s body weight sitting on his leg. “Yunho…” Jaejoong whimpered and Yunho murmured a pained scream.

“Yunho…” Jaejoong cried and just hugged Yunho’s body. “Yunho… mianhe, I’m not strong enough.”  Jaejoong watched as the fire slowly engulf the whole room. He eventually hears the sound of sirens roaring and screams for help. He held Yunho close. “Help!” Jaejoong screamed at the top of his voice, tears streaming down as he kissed Yunho’s forehead. “Stay with me, baby.” Jaejoong whispered, raining kisses on Yunho’s face. “Go…” he heard Yunho whisper. He smiled at his husband, “You talked…”

“Go…” Yunho whispered with all his might. “No!” Jaejoong whimpered and hugged Yunho even tighter. “I won’t leave you…” he cried with tears flowing down both of their faces. “Remember the promise we made on our wedding?” Yunho closed his eyes as his tears flowed down his face, his arms lying limp on both sides. “The priest asked if I will… accept you as my husband… ‘Till death do us part.” Jaejoong bawled, he kissed Yunho’s lips. “I won’t leave you.”

“Mianhe…” Yunho whispered and without doubt, Jaejoong heard it, they both closed their eyes, tears seeping out, water splashing can be heard. The room felt hotter and hotter as seconds passed. Jaejoong held Yunho tightly, “I love you…” he said and then his vision went black, the lack of oxygen sent him to unconsciousness. All Yunho and Jaejoong could hear were the loud cries from Changmin and Mincheo.

“Mianhe, Jae…”

 

-- Comments please :) ♥