Secret Observer

Love Observance

Sungmin POV

How can a person treasuring happiness without even touching it? Noone or may be only the one who experience itself will understand this kind of love. Love? As if it can be called as it is. (chukles)

I don’t know his name and I don’t want to know his name. But I know where he lives. His house is separated by two other houses from mine.

Since ten years, I have watched him from my loft window doing a solo dancing every night except Saturday. So passionately. Even without some music on it. Slow and sometimes is combined with fast moves but he never lose his rhythm. His way of cutting the air around him with his hand moves. His dark figure which was dancing below the moonlight. Beautiful is only what I can say. Sometimes I even drew his dancing figure into a sketch of paper. This kind of thing has been becoming my routine since then.

That passionate kid, now become a grown up man. A handsome man. I wonder how his smiling look alike now.

A fan? No. I don’t know much about him. I don’t scream crazily like some fangirls of him out there.

Secret admirer? (sigh) a bit close to that. You can call me that if you want but I prefer calling myself as an OBSERVER ^^.

I’ve never met him face to face. Watching him from a far have already made my heart beats running wild. How am I suppose to do if I meet him now? I am not good in sport.

I am happy with only watching him from a far. And I told you, I don’t want to know his name. Human is a greedy creature. When you have one, you will want more.

I won’t accept if you call me a coward who can’t confess my feeling toward him.

I am more than satisfied as an observer only. As in a boring yet a stagnant life that I have until now, watching his dancing is the only sort of my fun time beside singing at my secret place.

I can’t risk that with a stupid confessing. I am afraid it will end in an instant if my feeling isn’t reciprocated.

We run to different school but we took the same road to go there. Strangely, we never met to each other for ten years. Probably because he’s always coming late to his art school.

Once, when I got sick and should rest at home, I saw him running with his noisy friends. Some of them were girls. Well, I heard his school had a popular dance team that always won hip hop contest. If he’s a member of that team, no wonder if they always win and have a lot of fan girls.

I watched him from my window’s room. He dyed his hair black again. I like his black hair. He look good on it. I frozed for a moment then turned away quickly when he paused his step in front of my house. I wasn’t sure if he stared at me or not because I was too afraid to confirm it. Does he notice me watching him??? I thought. I looked at a mirror and hated my self for a moment because looking so pale TT___TT.

 

#********````********#

 

In a secret hill at my school backyard, I would always sit below my special maple tree and sing a song alone there. This is another my fun time beside my night routine. My parent won’t allow me to be a singer. They want me to be a businessman and inherit their company. I hate it but I can’t oppose them. I know sometimes we can’t live a life we exactly want. So on here, at a neglected hill, I would sing alone without worrying anyone would hear my voice.

Can you listen to my words, don't say anything yet
Actually I'm so insecure, without you how do I live each day?
My heart only has you, your heart only has me.
Similar sentiments, the proof of our love
The same sky, different place.
We're separated for now
for this instant, something to never forget
Please remember

I will remember the lo…

 

(Noise), (Noise), (Noise)…

I stopped singing immediately when I heard some noises  on grasses. I stood up and wandered around searching the source of noise. I frozed and didn’t breath for a moment because of shock when I saw a figure standing in front of me. It’s him.

I was muted. I didn’t know what to say. He’s the one who broke the silence between us first.

“Umm, sorry if I bother you. I’ve just walked here sight seeing and found this handkerchief. I…I… wonder if this is yours” he said a bit stuttered while scratching his black hair.

Oh my God, that’s the first time I heard his voice. His voice was felt more soothing than the sound from the friction of maple leaves around us. I slowly dropped down my head to hide my blushing face. I took my pink handkerchief that I didn’t even remember since when I lost it.

“Thank-thank you for finding it. I had search for this fo..for a long time” I said and silently curse my self because of my stuttering voice. I took my bag, then excuse myself to leave.

After I was far enough from there, the only memory I knew was I kept running until I reached my home. I threw my bag before I sat on my bed. I was staring at a pink handkerchief on my palms. I inhaled it’s aroma and attached it onto my face. It’s different. My imagination went crazy as I thought maybe it’s the scent of his hand. It’s impossible, right? Because he just find it today!!

I saw my reflection in a mirror beside me. It’s face glowed red “What…what… are you looking at” I said to my own reflection. I turned around immediately and buried my face in to my pillow because of embarrassment.

 

#********````********#

 

“Just get out from your stupid night routines, Sungmin. If you don’t want to confess your feeling to him yet you assure yourself that it’s not ‘love’ that you feel about him, then get out from it and comeback to the reality” My bestfriend Ryeowook said to me. Sometimes I did regret to talk about my little secret to him.

“I thought you understand me, Ryeowook” I whined.

He huffed “Don’t pout at me like that. That won’t work at me. Sungmin, listen. I just want to say that you must socialize yourself to the world. We will graduate this year, and yet you never have a single girlfriend or even special boyfriend until now”

“What’s so wrong If I don’t have a girlfriend or boyfriend? As long as I am happy…”

But he cut me “Our high school time will be over soon. And can you give a bit care to your surrounding? Look at Siwon, he wait for you since a year ago to capture your heart. He likes you. You must overcome your fear of experiencing a new thing, Sungmin. I am sure his feeling is sincere. That dancing person has his own life too, you even don’t know if he already have a lot of girlfriend since he’s so popular”

I sighed. Actually, I knew it more than ryeowook did. That person is really popular not only in his school but also in my school. No wonder if he have a lover now. I often heard a lot of student in my school sending love letters to the leader of dancing team at Inha Art School. I don’t know why, but I am sure it’s him. When the moment they would mention the dancing leader’s name, I hurrily get out from my place. Like I said, I don’t want to know his name. By that way, I can manage my secure spot in my heart.

“Sungmin!! Do you hear me?” Ryeowook called me from spacing out.

“I hear you, wookie. Geez, why you’re so noisy”

He grinned “So can you consider his feeling? Just let him send you home today for the first step, okay? I will tell him if you agree”

I nodded in defeat. Yeah, maybe it’s not that bad. Eventhough I will have siwon as my boyfriend in the future. It doesn’t mean I have to stop watching him dancing every night, right? Glad, I don’t know his name.

 

#********````********#

 

“Do you have time this night?” Siwon said to me in front of my house. He’s still sitting in his cool black motorbike.

I put out my helmet then offered it to him “I am sorry, I can’t. But I think I have time in Saturday night” I said because only on Saturday night that person wouldn’t dancing on his rooftop.

Siwon gave his dimple smile at me “Okay, see you again in three days”

I lift my brows “Huh? We see each other every day”

He shook his head “I mean not in school outfit ^^”

He waved a goodbye to me before riding his motorbike. I waved back at him. I haven’t accept his feeling yet. I need sometimes for thinking. I think this Saturday night will help me.

 

#********````********#

 

The Saturday has come. I have went to department store to buy some new clothes. I should be happy because I will have my first date tonight but I kind of have a bad mood these three days. I don’t know what happen but since I was sent home by siwon, I never see that person dancing on his rooftop again. It made me didn’t have a proper sleep  these three days.

While waiting at a bus stop, a sudden change of air tensed beside me. I turn around and frozed in my position staring a familiar figure standing beside me.

 

It’s him

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

#############################################################################

Here the first chapter guy ^^. I am sorry for my late update. Thanks to ImposedWriter, ninasomnia, cupcakeninjaa, rizaisinair, iluvminnie, KIMparkshi, Fionafushia, Bluecassy7, PetalSabrina, Alvin-a33, kuro_usagi0730, BlacKpopfan107, 19izzati, KyuMin_Obsessed, meehyukkie, minchan101, nakuruchan, Candi94, and eunna_c for subscribing. I will update the last chapter next week. Please wait ^^. I hope you like this chapter. Please give me comment and tell me what you think guys ^^!!! Next chapter will be eunhyuk POV and a bit of Sungmin POV too