A Plan

Mixed Drinks and Emotions

 

“You’ve been in a good mood lately.”

“Hmm?” Hyoyeon turned to Jessica, pausing momentarily from restocking the napkins. “You think so?” The blonde thought about it for a second, not recently noticing anything different than usual. Well, she didn’t exactly dread the thought of going to work anymore, but that hardly seemed like a significant change.

“Yeah I do. And I’m glad.” Jessica said with a smile before her gaze shifted to the young man entering the room. “By the way… you and Eunhyuk seem to be getting along really well lately.” She added with a mildly suggestive tone that Hyo didn’t pick up.

Hyoyeon shrugged. She followed Sica’s gaze and waved to Eunhyuk as he made his way to the back to get changed. It was true that they were friendlier now. Ever since the Karaoke night a few days prior she had begun getting rides with him since Jessica had insisted on walking back with Tiffany and Sooyoung.

“Eh, He’s not as bad as I thought he was.” Hyo concluded dryly with a slight shrug of her shoulders.

Jessica was unconvinced though and when Eunhyuk reemerged she left him to finish the prepping as she made her way over to the two waitresses.

“She’s friend zoning him.”

Jessica made her blunt statement when they had huddled together to hold their impromptu meeting.

After all the chances she had given the two of them to be alone she was annoyed to see such little progression.

“Yep. I noticed it too.” Sooyoung replied, rather bored with the whole ordeal.

Tiffany’s brows gathered and she gave the two bartenders on the other side of the room a look of pity and concern.

“Aiish! Guys, why did we become such big HyoHyuk shippers!? I mean, it’s so aggravating to have to sit and watch and hope something will happen between these two!” Sooyoung folded her arms against her chest and blew a stray piece of hair away from her face.

“Why? Because she looks happy when she’s with him.” Jessica responded as if it were the most obvious answer in the world. “I’ve been best friends with Kim Hyoyeon for years and I’ve never seen her get so worked up over a guy before, even if it was just because she was annoyed with him at first.” she concluded seriously.

“Plus,” Tiffany clasped her hands, her eyes forming that famous sparkling eye smile “ Don't they look perfect together!?~~”

“Fine Fine, I get it. So what do we do?” Sooyoung gave in and took a seat at a nearby table. The other two girls sat as well and began to formulate a plan.

While the trio was scheming, Hyoyeon had finished prepping the bar early and decided to practice making a mojito. Somehow hers never seemed to turn out exactly right, and just like how she is with her dancing, Hyo was a perfectionist when it came to mixed drinks. She added rum to the soda, some sugar and a liberal amount of lime juice. She then grabbed a bit of mint and prepared to muddle them in her hands when the green garnish was briskly pulled out of her grip.

“Too much mint.” Eunhyuk corrected as he discarded a bit before placing it back in her hands. “Also, it would be better to crush the mint while it’s in the glass, before you add the other ingredients.”

Hyo gave him a patronizing look. “Oh, and since when did you become the bartending god?”

Eunhyuk chuckled. “Fine, don’t take my advice!” He said while throwing his hands up in defense. “I mean, I AM a superior bartender and all, but hey, if you don’t want to listen…” He trailed off. Hyo scoffed and flung the mint leaves at him. “Yah! You punk! Who said you were a better bartender?!”  And while she tried to seem angry, there was no hiding the amused grin on her face.

“Ahh, what a child!~” The boy called, but  he backed away in case she tried to throw the drink next.

Turning around, Hyoyeon appraised her drink once more before dumping the glass out and deciding to work on it later.

“Okay so it’s settled!” Tiffany piped giddily.

“Uhmm.. I’m not sure about this. Doesn’t it seem like a scenario straight from a manhwa or something?” Sooyoung interrupted, still a bit skeptical about the elaborate plan Tiffany had come up with.

“No Soo.. I think this might actually work…” Jessica added thoughtfully. “And if not, what the hell, it won’t hurt to try.” She finished, her thoughtfulness becoming more like nonchalance.

Soo shrugged. “Yeah, I guess.”

Tiffany on the other hand was fired up “Now! Operation Hyohyuk, Go Go Go!” She shouted, pumping her fist in the air and catching the attention of both Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk who both gave the excited waitress questioning looks. Luckily, neither had heard the ‘HyoHyuk’ bit of her cheer and decided it was just a Tiffany thing.

“Aiish. This girl is gonna get us caught before we can even do anything...” Soo grumbled to herself and Sica nodded in agreement.

 

Their goal was simple; make Hyoyeon see Eunhyuk as a man.

The first scenario involved Tiffany, a spilled drink, and a potentially topless Eunhyuk.

It started off with Fany picking the bright blue beverage up from the bar, fumbling with the glass after being “bumped” by one of the customers seated nearby, and accidently spilling the drink all over Eunhyuk’s white work shirt.  Now, what they had imagined was that Hyoyeon would see this, tell him to take his shirt off so she could clean it, and BAM!- abs that would leave her staring in awe.  

(The girls were still blissfully unaware that the blonde bartender had already seen and been dumb-struck by the sight of his bare chest once before.)

“Woops!! OHMYGOD!! I’m so sorry Eunhyuk-sshi!” Tiffany fretted, lifting her hand to and putting on one of her most well contrived innocent expressions.

“Ani! It’s fine!” he assured her as he began cleaning up the spilled drink.

Hyoyeon heard Tiffany making a fuss and looked over to see Eunhyuk’s blue spattered shirt.

“Aigoo. Fany you’re so clumsy.” She chided gently

“Biane…” Fany kept the same duplicitous expression, but her eyes seemed to gleam with anticipation as she watched Hyo approach, her raised hand hiding a slight smirk.

However, the waitresses’ fantasy was short lived and her face dropped when Hyoyeon reached for a towel, poured some club soda on it and promptly handed it to Hyuk to clean his shirt.

 No help. No abs. No romance.

“This should prevent staining. Dab it on- Don’t rub it!” she instructed in a very motherly-like fashion that  was enough to make Tiffany finally give on this first mission and retreat to report what had happened, as well as begin preparations for their next trick. Unfortunately, neither Tiffany nor Jessica nor Sooyoung saw what happened next.

Upon seeing how long he was taking forever to barely remove any of the blue, Hyoyeon lost her patience and took the rag from him. Eunhyuk thanked her as she began sloppily dabbing his shirt with the wet cloth. He watched as she diligently blotted out the stain. As he observed her handiwork, his soft breath could faintly be felt on the top of her head and she was suddenly extremely aware of their close proximity. She squirmed a bit in her spot, trying to find a way to somehow avoid it but her efforts were futile and his breath continued to caress her hair. She finished quickly, tossing the dirty rag in the sink and swiftly walking away before he had time to thank her, or more importantly, before he could see the slight tinge of pink that had crept to her cheeks.

Sooyoung was in charge of the second part of their plan. However, she did require some outside assistance. So, after scouting out the customers she came upon a heavily inebriated fellow that was perfect for the job. The waitress sat across from the lush and flashed him a bright smile that was enough to steal his attention away from his liquor and focus, (as much as possible in his state of being), on the pretty girl sitting in front of him. She used her charm to ask for a “teensy” favor, adding a bit of aegyo to help persuade him. 

The idea was to have the drunkard approach the blonde bartender and obtain her phone number. Of course Hyo would say no, but people under the influence don’t exactly give up very easily. That’s when Eunhyuk would have to step in, saving Hyoyeon and making her swoon with admiration.

“Oppa!~ You have to get her number, no matter what! Ok?” Sooyoung cooed and the older “oppa” nodded eagerly-too eagerly seeing as how he needed a second to regain his balance before sauntering over to the bar. He plopped down into one of the stools and his half-lidded eyes stared lazily at Hyoyeon.

“Excu-shh me miss.. pretty.. bartender..” He drawled out the sentence and lifted his arm, his hand hanging limply in an attempt to wave her over.

Hyo glanced at him and groaned inwardly before giving him her full attention.

“What can I get you pal? Although I gotta be honest and say I think you’ve reached your limit…”

“No! No no no nonooo.” The drunk began flopping his hand back and forth wildly, his eyes closed in deep concentration as he remembered what it was he came for.

“You.. your Ffff..phooone..”

“You need to make a call?” She suggested, slowly growing more and more irritable with his incoherence. She had other customers to see to and wanted to get this over and done with.

“Number!” He suddenly said loudly, his eyes growing wide. “I neeeed your number!”

Hyo let out a light laugh and began to reject him when he reached out and planted his clammy palm on her wrist.“Awww. C’mon baayy-be!~” He persisted with a smile that was perhaps meant to look charming, but came out crooked and sleazy instead.

Hyoyeon guffawed and flung his wrist off. “Ay, listen mister, I’m not your “baby” and if you touch me again—“ She stopped short and her eyebrow perked up as she watched the man’s head sink lower and lower until it was resting awkwardly on the bar. When he began to snore, she stifled a laugh. Sooyoung, who had been watching out of the corner of her eye, face palmed and let out a frustrated groan, causing her current customer to look up at her questioningly. Soo recovered her image, smiling at the startled patron, and decided to focus solely on working for the time being. (Afterwall, a girl has gotta eat and the tips aren’t gonna come by themselves.)  

“This fool is lucky he passed out before I got to him.” Eunhyuk commented matter-of-factly, arms folded against his chest as he watched drool spill from the drunk’s mouth and onto the bar. He had witnessed as the man place his hand on Hyoyeon, but since he was in the middle of serving a customer and therefore couldn’t make it over right away to fend the lush off. Hyoyeon looked up at the dark haired guy; eyebrow arched and a cheeky smile taking up most of her face. She decided to a bit.

“Aww. Wae Oppa~~? Jealous?” She peeped, lifting her index finger to her bottom lip and using the corniest aegyo she could think of.

“Of course.”

His reply took her off guard, but not as much as when he met her gaze steadily, not once faltering, and there was no sense of joking to be found in his face. However, despite his serious demeanor she exploded with laughter and slapped Eunhyuk’s arm playfully. He smiled lightly at her response and she was sure he had been joking, but as she walked away, a small part of her, a very teensy tiny part of her, wondered if perhaps he had been serious, and while the notion seemed ridiculous it didn’t stop her heart from racing a tad bit faster than usual.

Sooyoung later reported to her partners how that plan was doomed to fail even if the drunk didn’t knock out seeing as how Hyo was ready and able to beat the him up and wouldn’t have needed Eunhyuk’s help to begin with. However, all hope was not lost. SicSooFany had one more surprise in store for HyoHyuk, and it would have to wait for later that night.

 

Their last resort would take place after the final customer had shuffled out the door and the cleaning had begun.

 “Okay Sooyoung, you’re the best actress here! Go out there and make it seem like you have a really horrible, horrible headache.” Jessica reviewed the plan quickly.

The three of them were in the bathroom, (the same place the other meetings had taken place when Tiffany and Sooyoung had to report their results), preparing for their final attempt at matchmaking.

“Then, Tiffany, you go over and act very concerned. At that point, I’ll tell Hyoyeon that we need to take Soo home, leaving Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk to finish closing up for the night. However…”

The three of them leered at each other, their knowing smirks looking more villainous than intended.

When SicSooFany finished going over the the plan they reemerged and continued with straightening up.

Hyoyeon was wiping down the bar when she noticed Sooyoung crouched over the table, her head resting heavily in her hands. She let out a little moan and before Hyo could ask what was wrong Tiffany was flitting over to the fellow waitress.

Fany turned and looked at Jessica, who just so happened to be standing right by Hyoyeon. 

“It looks like she has a REALLY bad migraine!” Tiffany informed her, her acting going just a tiny bit over board as she laid a comforting hand on Sooyoung’s back. Jessica scrunched her eyebrows together and looked back and forth between Soo and the Hyo as if caught in some internal struggle.

“Hyoyeonah, I think me and Tiffany should help bring Sooyoung home.” She finally decided.

“Both of you?” Hyoyeon piped, asking more out of curiosity than suspicion. Still, the sudden inquiry threw Jessica off guard and she stuttered out a reason.

“Y-Yeah, you know. Sooyoung is such a big kid and what if she falls or something? Tiffany won’t be able to pick her up.” In the distance, Sooyoung let out another moan and Tiffany’s comforting “There there.” followed soon after.

 Hyoyeon seemed satisfied with that answer and Jessica gratefully continued.

“Well, do you think you could finish tidying up and close up for the night?” Sica concluded, holding her clasped hands together in front of her face to emphasize how sorry she was to ask.

Hyoyeon nodded and right after Sica turned, only to let out a surprised “Oh!” when she saw Eunhyuk was still there. What a coincidence!

“Maybe Eunhyuk sshi could help you finish up?..” She suggested loud enough for him to hear.

He of course agreed and Jessica cheered inside. Everything was going accordingly.

“Great! Okay, I’ll lock the front and back door until you guys are done. Hyoyeon, you have the spare key to the front door in your purse right?”

The blonde nodded, recalling that the boss had given her as well a few other employees a spare key.

Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk had resumed cleaning while Jessica ran to grab her things from the Employees Only room.  Quickly, she remerged and rushed over to the two waitresses.

“Aww, Poor Sooyoung. Let’s go.” She said sympathetically before she and Tiffany helped the tall girl up. Sooyoungs’ arms fell over their shoulders and she had to hunch quite a bit in order to keep up her needy façade. Tiffany clamped shut to stop the laughter building in and Sooyoung discretely pulled her arm tighter around Fany’s neck; a silent warning not to spoil everything now. Just before leaving, Jessica locked the front door.

Sooyoung hung onto their shoulders until they were halfway down the block. There, she straightened up and let out a sigh of relief. Tiffany giggled. “Mission Accomplished!”

They were walking leisurely down the block, feeling very satisfied with their hard work. Jessica held the spare key she took from Hyoyeon’;s purse  up to her face  and smiled.

“If something doesn’t happen now, I don’t know what we’re gonna do. Those two are so dense we might have to give up” Sooyoung commented and threw her hands behind her head as she strolled down the street. They nodded in unison.

Sooyoung suddenly stopped walking; her eyes double their size and mouth slightly agape.

Jessica looked at her expectantly.

“OMO! Jessica! We’re so stupid!- What if she calls you and asks us to come and-“

Sica laughed, cutting her off, and pulled out her cell phone.

“I took the battery out!~” She sang while waving the phone back and forth. “I’ll just tell her my phone died tomorrow. It’s not a big deal Soo-“

Vvvvvvvrrr~ The sound of a phone vibrating cut her off.

“Guys!” Tiffany peeped, her voice an unusually high octave.

They looked over at the dark haired girl who was currently staring at her cell phone. Her facial expression screamed Distress. Fany looked up.

“Hyoyeon’s calling!” She squeaked while shoving in the phone in their face to show them the caller ID.

Sooyoung face palmed for the second time that night and Jessica was speechless.

“Ahhh Ottoke!? Ottoke” Fany whined, looking back and forth between the phone and the girls.  Jessica came to her senses clamped both of her hands on her shoulders to calm her down.

“It’s okay Fany.” Jessica said sternly. She’d made up her mind. “You’re just gonna have to ignore the call. We’ll think of an excuse later.”

“Aisshh, how could we forget she has Fany’s number?” Sooyoung groaned.

Jessica shrugged and began to walk again as Tiffany hesitantly stuffed the phone back in her pocket.

“We couldn’t have accounted for everything. I still say this was a mission accomplished.”  Frankly, Jessica was pretty tired by this point and was thinking more about sleep and less about the plan more and more every minute.

They’re going to owe us big” Sica thought as she held her hand up to shield the big yawn escaping .


An Update! Finally I know. Biane~ (\-_-)\ 

So here we see our minor characters, though they're just as important!, play a bigger role. SicSooFany is a unique trio really, but I love that all three have  very unique personalities. Also, in their first bit of dialougue where Sooyoung questions why she became a Hyohyuk shipper, I felt like that's a question we ask ourselves sometimes. (For example when there's a SEVERE lack of Hyohyuk lately and you just want to watch their moments all day and pray for a new moment soon.. yeahh..) But of course I had Jessica and iTffany back us up and become almost like our voice of reason. So HyoHyuk shipperd Fighting!

 

New Banner and Pictures! I included a few pics, one f them being a short comic strip. Hope you like. Also, I think it's so funny to see how my art style has changed from chapter two til now. >.<;;;

 

Also, want to give a big shout out and thank you to all the wonderful suscribers and commenters!!! <333333333333

Seriously, I love reading the comments and I'm so happy to find people who love this OTP as much as I do :') Please continue to support me!~

 

Finally, I actually have about three pages done  of the next chapter so far and there's a lot of HyoHyuk and a good plot development so please look forward to it!

THANK YOU!~ 

Gif Credit hyohyuksujusone.tumblr.com