Love Matching Co?

Matchmaker's Love Story

 

“But mother, what is the point of rushing things. It’s just that-”

“I will not accept any of your astronomy reason son. You are 20 now, so go and find yourself a good life partner to support you!” Mother shouts on the other line to convince me. I sighed dramatically and rub against my forehead. Grasping the mobile phone tightly, I let myself be quiet thinking my mother will go easy on me but turns out badly.

“Myungsoo, I do this for your own good. What if later you are still single when you aged. I will not have a chance to have my grandson!”

Mother still keep on rambling her old grandma stories about 10 minutes till I just nod and hum so that mother will know I am listening attentively. But actually I was just thinking about the current project I’m researching for. Suddenly a hand tap on my shoulder twice and I looked up to saw my supervisor, Kim Sunggyu with his really tiny micro eyes staring at me. I smiled awkwardly and raise my five fingers to give me some time to stop the nagging.

“Mom, sorry got to go. My supervisor is waiting for me.”

“No! Myungsoo, I haven’t finish talking. Come, let me talk with your supervisor to give you one week off to repay for those 3 weeks overtime!”

“Mom, I love my job. I don’t mind working overtime. Why can’t you understand me?”

“But son-” I heard my mom sound slowly farther and turns out my mobile phone is in Sunggyu hand as he slowly press the disconnect button. He tosses back my phone and drags me by the lab coat.

“Ya! I know how to walk and follow. Stop the dragging!”

“That is how you talk to your supervisor, huh?” He slams my body against the wall and closing the gap slowly between his face and mine. “Woah, wait a minute! Stop sticking your face over mine! I’m hell straight!” I pushed him off and continue to nag him.

“Yaaa! I do that so you can see my eyes bigger, which can make you scared! I’m also straight for your information!” A cough can be picking out from beside us and we both look up to see our boss, Lee Jung Yeop smiling sarcastically.

Mr. Lee grabs both of our coats and pushes us to the research room with us plead for forgiveness. “Stupid Kim partner! If I see you guys loitering around arguing nonsense thing, I will kick your one by one in no time!” With that, he slams the door hardly leaving both of us stunned.

That demon boss! Without us, this company will be nothing!

Oh wait, have I introduce myself? Pardon me, my name is Kim Myungsoo. Born and raise in Seoul on March 13th 1992. A healthy and intellectual guy who love astronomy so much! My favorite research thing is about aliens. How I wish to meet at least one of them! It will be a dream come true! My life motto is ‘No candy No live!’ The first time I experience eating candy for the first time is just difficult to explain. The feeling, the flavor, the hardness just blends my brain cells together. I should stop discussing about candy now, if not I will be rambling for 30 minutes.

Coming back to reality and present time, I am standing on the gorgeous and famous astronomy research building in Seoul known as R.A.S. The person beside me with his super tiny eyes is Kim Sunggyu who is older than me by 3 years old and has a very grandpa attitude. Oh, seems like someone is calling me.

I looked up and saw my mother caller id blinking, waiting to pick up. I glance a bit and walk to the most corner whispering “Mom! I’m busy. Call you later!”

“Son, just let me speak a few words. I have enrolled you to the Love Matching Co. as a membership. After your work, you go to the company there and meet your agent. If not! I will not let you go home. Understood?”

“Sure mom.” Admit defeated, my mom laughing on the other line happily. She told me to look out for a new message about the company address that she will send before she end our conversation.

Love Matching Co? Who in the world will invent that cheap name for heaven sake! I guess I don’t have any choice though. I never win an argument with my mother. Either I admit defeat or I pity her. After all I am a very good son!

I just hope the agent will not be as cheap as the company name though.