Taste of Second Love (Chapter 8)

Taste of Second Love

 

Sho left first thing in the morning. Despite his mind telling him to let go of what happened yesterday, he couldn’t. He had to set things straight, once and for all.
 
It was only a matter of minutes when he coincidentally found the couple sipping and chatting over coffee across the street from him. He watched them laugh and stare into each other’s eyes and share a brief kiss right after. Sho’s fists formed into a ball, ready to kill that damn bastard.
 
Jun didn’t see it coming.
 
“ you!” Sho grabbed Jun from the shoulder and punched him straight in the face. “You don’t ing deserve her!”
 
The younger male just kept his face away from Sho and sat there, wiping the corner of his mouth. Sho wanted to see him like that: on the floor and writhing in pain just like how he had felt. In all those time he had to suffer in pain, watching his life pass by like time. Of all those times, it was Jun who had made him suffer like this. It’s his turn.
 
Behind him, he could hear Nami wail, and beg him to stop. That got nothing on me, he glares at her. She’s worthless. She should have stayed with me instead of this…this !
 
Sho grabbed Jun by the head, turning him around so his back was against the floor, and punched him repeatedly. Every minute, Sho was getting angrier and angrier.
 
“How come your not fighting back?!” Sho yelled at Jun’s disoriented face. “Fight back!”
 
Jun did nothing and just continued letting Sho punch him. He didn’t move a muscle except for closing his eyes when Sho’s fist met his face.
 
“Please…” Sho heard Nami cry behind him. “Let him go…”
 
Sho ignored her and continued punching Jun like a doll. He ignored all the blood pouring from the man’s face and he laughed maniacally, watching Jun suffer in pain.
 
Then, the bell hanging on the door of the café rang. Sho didn’t notice this as he continued hitting Jun, the blood spilling on the floor. Before he could even kill Jun with one more punch, a pair of strong hands grabbed him and pulled him away, leaving Nami to cry over Jun’s unconscious body.
 
“Just who the fu-” Sho was about to curse this person when he turned around and saw Aiba, his eyes red from crying again and his hands all bloody. Once again, Aiba had stopped something even worse, like death, from happening.
 
“Oh my god,” Sho took Aiba’s hands in his. “I’m so sorry.”
 
Aiba wasn’t supposed to see him like this. He wasn’t supposed to see him turn into a uncontrollable monster before Aiba’s innocent eyes. Sho didn’t even realize he turned into a monster once he saw Aiba’s face.
 
“I’m sorry,” Sho muttered into Aiba’s hand. “You weren’t supposed to see me like that…”
 
Aiba shushed him. “Save it,” he says. “You just have no control over your anger.”
 
“But I was-”
 
Aiba lifted his head and let his reddened eyes bore on Sho’s face. “Your anger is the reason why people leave you.”
 
What Aiba said would have made Sho even mad. But he couldn’t stay mad as he watch Aiba blink twice and leave him standing like an idiot with blood pouring from his fingers.
 
+++
 
Over the next few days, Sho received a hearing from court and was sentenced to jail for 3 months from assaulting a citizen and almost killing him. He didn’t hear another word from Aiba, nor did the latter even bother to contact him. 
 
TBC