Taste of Second Love (Chapter 2)

Taste of Second Love

A warm hand landed on Sho's back causing the latter to startle and turns around seeing Aiba's concerned face. Embarrased, he quickly turned his head the other way hastily wiping the dried tears on his face. He didn't want to be seen like this, even by a stranger. But Aiba didn't laugh at him or anything, but just simply smiled and showed concern for him.Sho wanted to smile back but he couldn't find himself to do it. He didn't even know the point of smiling back when he doesn't know how to anymore. His happiness, all of it, were gone starting from that day. Nothing was important to him anymore.

"Oi!"Aiba interrupted Sho's thoughts. "Drink your medicine." The taller man handed Sho the hangover medicine, and forced the man to drink it, despite the face the latter was making. Since coming here, he wanted to ask Sho, again, what happened. But he was afraid that he might cause the latter to cry more. Comforting the older man just seemed a better idea.

After drinking the medicine he was forced to take, he headed to the bedroom to gather his stuff, getting ready to leave and be nothing, but Aiba grabbed his wrist. He turned around and saw Aiba facing him with a serious face. Aiba's face made Sho feel sadder, since the man wasn't smiling. Just that radiance of smile that Aiba produced made him feel a bit better.

Aiba spoke up first, "Sho-chan, you can't continue to be sad."

Sho knew he was right. But when did he start calling his Sho-chan? Anyways, Sho was about to loosen his grip from Aiba but the taller man's gripped got tighter the more he tried struggling. Seeing that Aiba won't let go, he gave up and decided to listen to what the latter has to say.

"I can't leave anyone sad after just meeting them. I have to make you happy!" Aiba declared. This kind of decision was what Aiba decided to go on ever since he was a kid. Whenever he sees a friend of his upset, he can't leave them alone till he is happy. To him, it was just a natural thing since he likes seeing people happy and so on.

Sho thought it was stupid, but he strangely agreed to Aiba's decision. Then the latter smiled, showing his pearly white teeth making Sho blush a little.

+++

He let himself be dragged around by Aiba, whose tension went higher after leaving the apartment. Sure he was having some fun, but it wasn't enough to make him smile. The latter kept trying to make Sho smile by doing stupid stuff but gave up.

Aiba saw that he wasn't able to make Sho smile so he tried a different method. He brought Sho everywhere in Tokyo, to all the best places he's been to, and kept looking back to see if the older male was smiling, but he wasn't. All his plans weren't working. Usually, it would work in an instant and he'll be satisfied. But everything wasn't working for that man. Just as Aiba was about to give up, he thought of a place that he was sure of making the latter smile.

Aiba let go his grip from Sho's wrist and turned around to face the latter. "Sho-chan! Close your eyes!"

Startled from the sudden request, he said no. Just what is Aiba-san up to? He asked himself.

"Why?!"Aiba pouted. "Please do it! I promise I will leave you alone after!!!"

"Fine," Sho sighed. He did as he was told and allowed Aiba to do whatever that wierd man wanted to do. Once again, he allowed himself to be dragged about.

A few minutes later, Sho smelt something. He wanted to peek, but Aiba's hand tightly covered his eyes. But that smell, it was strangely familiar. Soon, a sound came after that familiar smell. The sound of...water?

Then he felt Aiba's hand go away from his eyes, meaning he was allowed to open it. Ahead of him, was the ocean. The scenery was beautiful: the ocean was sparkling under the afternoon sun, the people on the beach were smiling happily, and the aura around the beach was a good one too. The sounds of children's laughter, women talking, men competing, and babies crying was such a beautiful sound to his ears. He haven't felt nice before all the bad things had happened. The corners of his lips curled into a smile.

Aiba, who was starring at Sho the whole time, couldn't believe what he was seeing. His plan worked! "Hora! Sho-chan is smiling!" Aiba jumped up and down, grabbing Sho's hand in the process. Just seeing Sho smiled even made him happier that the next thing he did startled Sho.

Sho felt a soft feeling on his cheeks, making him turn to that reaction. The hyper man just now, kissed him on his cheeks.

TBC