-- Promises --

" My Best Friend, is a GAY?? "

 

I woke up early in the morning just to prepare myself. While omma packed my stuffs and my clothes in the stroll bag. Yoona-sshi arrived early here also just to prepare the engine, tires, and gas of the pick-up truck. They were so supportive to me. When everything was set and finished, we then preceded in the truck, and drive away. I will miss everything. The house, my bed, my room, the village, and the fields. I cackled a bit. Don’t worry, I will still come back.

 

SOON. And there will be a big change.

I wonder if Kyuhyun-sshi will come together with his hyungs. Well, I guess he’s busy right now; or maybe, he’s dating with his girlfriend right now. I sigh. He has his girlfriend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in my office since six o’ clock in the morning, doing something to clarify the documents for the upcoming launch of a new product from the Britain. This is kind a crucial. That’s why I have to do this first before going to the hospital, or else, ahbuhji will get angry with me like a red bull.

 

“ Aish. A bunch of piled documents. “ I mumbled, typing something in my laptop. I glanced at my watch in my wrist, the time strikes to eight.  I have to finish all of this before the time will strike into nine. Aish. Double-up your actions, Cho Kyuhyun! Faster! Faster! Don’t be a slow-head! If only this will be a game, I could finish all of this with no such time. But this aint a game. I sigh. Aish! Faster! Type – type—typing…

 

When everything was settled and done, I slumped my back as it leaned of the back rest of the seat. Oh. It’s so fluffy. I looked to my watch, its eight-forty five! I was so happy that my mouth smile so wide and I sighed in distress. So, it’s time to fix the mess on my desk and go. I stand and start cleaning my desk.

Out of the blue, I heard a person who is running towards my office. And then, the door opened. My hearing was so true. But I persisted on fixing and arranging the documents on my desk.

 

“ Dongsaeng. “ Leeteuk-hyung’s voice uttered breathelessly.

“ Oh, hyung. “ I looked to him with a happy face. But his face seems to be not okay.

“ Whoa! Opppa! “ Taeyeon suddenly went in, cheerfully she cried on me. She was dashing as she went close to me and hugged at me tight. Her hug could make me choke. Aish! Why is that she’s here??!!! Aish!...

“ Hyung! “ I moaned at him, whispering at hyung. While he just shrug his shoulders, shaking his head, and answering in a lip-reading way saying: “ No choice. “

“ I missed you, oppa. “ she sweetly said, releasing her hands around my neck. “ Yeah. Me, too. “ I replied, pretending that I missed her as I was coughing a little when she finally released her hand. That chokes me.

“ You missed me, too?? Oh! Oppa, that was so sweet. “ she answered back in a cute way, looks like she feels an electric shock in her body. “ Ahh… wait, oppa. I have a gift for you. “

“ F—for me? “

“ Yup. I’ll just go and get it inside my car. Wait for me here, oppa, arrasso? “

“ A—arrasso. “ She flash her smile at me first then off she goes.

“ Aish! Hyung, why did you let her in??!! “ I screeched, full of gesticulations.

“ Dongsaeng, you know her. Hard-headed, like you. “

“ So, Kyuhyun, are you ready? “ Seunghyun-hyung finally arrived, playing his keys into his hands as he asked me.

“ Ne, hyung. “ I replied, wearing my coat as I am ready to leave.

“ Wait,wait,wait. Dongsaeng, Seunghyun, what’s the meaning of this? “ he peered on us questionably.

“ Don’t you know? We’re going to the hospital. “ my other hyung answered firmly.

“ WHAT??!! The two of you? “ he was deeply shocked. “ So you’ll leave me here, eh? Ya. Kyuhyun, what about the meeting? “

“ You can handle it, hyung. You’re my partner, right? “ I grinned widely at him which made him sneered at me. “ What about Taeyeon? “

“ I trust you, hyung. “

“  The gift? “

“ I am giving it to you. “ I answered back; flashing my smile that was came from my heart. I know he will get shock to that, because he knows I am so rude and mean. “ So, we will leave you then. “

“ Take care of yourself, hyung. “ Seunghyun-hyung smirked. “ Ne. “ hyung answered in a weak voice.

 

How pity my hyung was. I chuckled a little as I was now inside the car at the front seat while Seunghyun-hyung was the drives the car. Actually, I want him to come with us. But, he’s my hyung that I can easily trust when it comes to our business. That’s why I treat him as my partner. Ahbuhji already know him, since I was in five years old while he was in ten years old. Our ahbuhji was a good partner, too.

 

“ We’re now here. “ hyung suddenly declared, turning the car into the right direction to park it. I was startled, and sighed. How funny thinking the past.

 

We proceeded to the lounge area first for us to know on what room number they are in. “ Miss, Seo Jo Hyun, please? “ I formally asked the nurse. “ Room number 205, sir. “ she responded. “ Thank you. “ I bowed a bit. Then we take our walk through the room number 205. We searched for it and asked to other nurse on what floor it is belong. “ On the third floor, sir. “ Aish! How far!

 

So, we ride an elevator from the first floor up to the third floor. Just the two of us. TING! The elevators sign that we’re now here at the designated floor we are choosing. There we go! We saw a first door that something was written above on it: 205. The room that we’re searching for. Along the hallway up to there, we unexpectedly met Yoona-sshi, going to that room, too.

 

“ Yoona-sshi. “ I called her. She then look back.

“ Kyuhyun-sshi! “ and called me also with amazement in her face. “ You’re here! “

“ You’re right! “

“ And you’re here, too, Seunghyun-sshi. “ she added, bowing her head to him. “ Where’s Leeteuk-oppa? “ she suddenly asked.

“ Doing some monkey business. “ he chuckled, as if he was just kidding. Yoona-sshi’s reaction went gaped. I nudged to Seunghyun-hyung, he then startled which made him answer the true reason about Leeteuk-hyung. “ Ahh… he’s attending some important meetings and was been a baby-sitter; to Teayeon-ah. “ he whispered to Yoona-sshi when it comes to Taeyeon-ah’s name. “ Ahh… how pity oppa is. “ she laughed a bit, but hysterically.

“ Right. He is. “ I nodded my head. “ well, let’s get in. “ I declared.

When we got inside, I saw Seohyun-ah lying on her bed wearing a patient’s dress.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I was lying on a soft bed with a dextrose that was needled in my hand, wearing a patient’s dress. I heard the opening of the door. I bet, it’s Yoona-sshi. “ Seohyun-sshi? “ See? I’m right! “ Eh? “ I said back. “ We have a visitor. “ she told me, sitting on the bed beside me.

 

“ Annyeong, Seohun-ah. “ a blissful voice that called me.

“ Seu—Seunghyun-oppa? “ I was stammered. Actually, I wasn’t seems so sure if he is Seunghyun-oppa. But it is really Seunghyun-oppa’s voice.

“ Woo… you still remember me! I’m glad you are, Seohyun-ah!. “

“ How can I forgot a happy guy like you, Seunghyun-oppa? “ Still, I’m right. He’s really Seunghyun-oppa. And I’m glad he’s here. “ I’m so glad, too that you’re here, Seunghyun-oppa “ I added, admitting to him on what I feel.

“ What about me? “ are you not happy that I am here, too? “ I uttered breathlessly and said, “ Kyuhyun-sshi? “

“ Ya. Did my dongsaeng was jealous at me? “

“ Kyuhyun-sshi! I’m glad you’re here, too. “ I thought he will not come. But, he’s here!

“ Annyeong, Seohyun-ah. What did you feel? Are you okay? “

“ NO. “ I shook my head with a smiling face. “ I feel so happy. Once again, thank you so much, Kyuhyun-sshi. “

“ You’re always welcome. “

 “ By the way, why is it ajumni is not around? “

“ Oh. She’s in the market, buying some fruits for Seohyun-sshi. “

“ Ah. That’s good. “ snapped Seunghyun-oppa.

“ So that, she will get stronger and healthy after the operation. “ Kyuhyun-sshi agreed, rubbing his hand on my head like they do to a kid.

“ Kyuhyun-sshi’s right. And you should be strong, Seohyun-sshi, arrasso? “ Yoona-sshi added, pinching my nose so hard.

“ Aigoo! Aigoo! Yoona-sshi! “ I cried a bit, agonizing the pain that she pinched.

“ Sorry. “ she chuckled. “ I just miss my best friend of carrying in the fields. “ her voice went kinda sad.

“ Because she can see now. “

“ Yoona-sshi, are you not happy for me? “

“ I am, Seohyun-sshi. I’ll just miss my blind best friend when the time you’ll get your vision. “ she explained.

“ Yoona-sshi, promise me. When I got my two eyes, the two of us… will never change, arrasso? “ I asked her, raising up my left hand with my pinky finger raised also. “ Promise! “ she responded cheerfully.

“ Pinky Pact! “ we said in unison, crossing our pinky finger s one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing these girls doing some pinky pact makes me remind of someone. My best friend, too; my childhood best friend. Her name is Krystal Jung. She’s very pretty like an angel. I suddenly remember the time we made a promise at each other when we were still six.

 

“ Oppa, someday… we’ll get married, arrasso? “ she seriously said. “ Of course! “ I said back seriously.

“ Promise? “ she asked her, raising up my left hand with my pinky finger raised also. “ Promise! “ I cheerfully replied, crossing our pinky finger as one.

 

Unfortunately, Krystal died by the cause of Leukaemia at the age of nine. I cried and cried at that time. She left me first. Now, I already throw away our promises to each other after she died. It took seven years before I throw it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

@ Author’s Note: Annyeong haseyo, chin-gu! ^^  tsk.tsk.tsk. How sad about Kyuhyun’s past with his best friend Krystal. But at least, he let his heart to forget about her and start anew. Oh!! I’m so excited! I’m so excited to Seohyun’s vision! I hope you, too as well. Kekeke… ^^ Well, let’s just find out to the next, next, next chapters of this story entitled: “ My Best Friend, is a GAY?? “     Thank You and GOD BLESS ALL READERS!! ^^