2

They Found Me

 

~zelo POV~
"What are you doing? Slacking off won't do anything for you!" general Bang shouted as I faceplanted in the mud. It was a normal training course with wire, tires, and a wall that we had to climb. 

 

But it was storming out and he wouldn't give us the day off. My comrades, youngjae, daehyun, Jongup, And Himchan Had to join me in this torture. They could all do it in under two minutes but I was always punished since I finished last with a time of 2:02. Not to mention I could barely concentrate without my stuff. But all that was taken away. I was going through withdrawal. I needed to have them. They helped me. I need them. Now. Standing up I continue my course with the rain pounding on my face. The wall. I has never really did it correctly and sometimes slipped as the others normally passed me. Himchan was nice. He normally offered me his hand and pulled me up. but right now he was ahead. I was going to be last again. Grabbing the rope that I needed to climb up the wall I pull my body up. You would think that since my body is thin that I could easily pull myself up but sadly I had no upper body strength. I struggled to pull myself up as general bang continued to yell at me. "You are already to far behind! Pull yourself up and finish this!" he yelled again. He had been hard on me the entire week I was here. I hate it. I hate him. He treats me like and he still doesn't know about my past. Who I was associated with. The people I killed. The people like him I've kidnapped and murdered. No. GD told him I was the only son of one of the richest families in Seoul who was forced to do this. I was almost to the top of the wall when my hands slipped and I fell down toward the ground landing on my back. Groaning in pain I open my eyes and see general bang standing above me. "Everyone else you are dismissed. Zelo. Finish this course then do 20 laps on the track. " standing up I face him and without thinking punched him in the face. . I was in trouble. He looked back at me with anger in his eyes and stated " and for that you will clean all the boots with your toothbrush." I couldn't take it anymore I ran passed him and jumped at a brick walk and over the 6 foot fence with ease and grace. Just barely scratching my uniform on it. When your on the streets you learn some parquor The other side was my freedom. I ran as fast as I could to the only place I knew would be there. 

 

She opened the door slowly with a expressionless face. "H-hi mom." I say quietly and she slaps me. 

 

 

"Don't call me that. I'm not going to be known as the ups mother." 

 

 

"Yes ma'am." I nod and she glares at me. 

 

 

"Why are you here?"

 

 

"I-I came to tell you I joined the military." I state quietly. 

 

 

"So. Your just a stupid cadet. Come back when your a general." she spoke and slammed the door in my face. I should have known. I need to get better for her. Even if it kills me.

 

 

Walking away from the house the rain still hit my back as I went to a familiar dark alley. And I found the man I was looking for. "Hey man. What up with the army getup?" my friend TOP asked. He was basically my Brother from another mother who always hooked me up with the best drugs out there. He knew what my mother  was like. 

 

 

"It was either do this or go to jail. I can't do this man. Do you got anything?" 

 

 

"Your in luck man. I got a new batch of ." TOP said and hands me some stuff wrapped up in some paper. He lights me up and I breath in deeply feeling refreshed instantly. "Thanks. I owe you one when I get out of this." I say hugging him then walking towards the road. I walked a few blocks before stopping at the only lit streetlight. I used to sit beneath it when my mom got high and beat me. I was used to it but I needed a release. I would normally meet TOP here and he would hook me up. The rain was beating down harder than before and I had to hunch over so my cig wouldn't get wet and go out. My blond curly hair was now soaking wet and continued to sit in the rain. Relief rush over my body as I took another puff. Suddenly head lights were on my face and I shielded my eyes from the light. I was so high I could barely register what was happening. Someone stood over me as my cig was slapped out of my hand. I didn't even realize it was missing till I tried to take another puff. A hand came down grabbing my uniform and hauled me to my feet. And then a fist collided with my face. Spitting out a little bit of blood I laughed. "Umma you have gotten weak. I didn't even feel it this time. You beat me worse when I was little. Even after you killed my bunny."I say with a small grin before my eyes shut and I fell limp.