Neon Lights

College

A/N: Hello everybody! First of all, my biggest apologies for not updating in almost a year...I can only apologize and ask you to forgive him. I don't have any reasons, I just didn't want to update because I couldn't find words for my ideas, I needed something new, I needed to stop writing. I got ill, I still am because I'm better than in January. 

I really hope all of missed me (hehehehe...), I think you may have forgotten my fanfic to be honest xD (no wonder, I almost forgot it myself) so yeah. But HERE AM I, I can't really promise that I'll update soon after this one, maybe maybe not...I don't know? Hopefully, I hope I will. 

 

About this chapter: A/N at the end, because I don't want to spoil you!

 


 

 

 

Within few days, it seems everything has changed: weather had gotten colder, people had gotten crankier, busier, studying for major exams and a dull atmosphere was lingering on the Yoon mansion, every Saturday afternoon. At least, for one of the Yoon family member: Doojoon.

 

A familiar melody was coming from the marvelous piano, enthroned in the middle of the large sitting room. A man, sitting, played while a young woman listened and followed his fingers' movement carefully, delighted. And he was repeating the same melody over and over, until the woman started playing. It sounded beautiful, unsure yet she played open heart. Suddenly, music stopped. " Ah, I still fail this part, Yoseob-ssi. ", said the woman, biting her lips, frustrated.

 

The other man smiled, sheepishly at the woman, making Doojoon cringe with annoyance. He ought to get closer with Yoseob,the man was teaching his sister and he had made a bet with Gikwang. There always has had a distinctive feeling when challenging his old friend, out of all the bets he had made, this one was the hardest. It first involved people Doojoon didn't particularly like - Yoseob, for instance -, it secondly required astute actions: befriend, lie, spy. He had learned one thing about Gikwang: never underestimate with abilities of making friends.

 

It pissed him off to believe Gikwang had already befriended with Dongwoon and even Hyosung - whom he especially disliked - while he struggled to even say a damn word to Yoseob. The teaching lesson came to an end, Doojoon volunteered to the boy out of his house - finally - taking the opportunity to say a few things. " It's nice seeing my sister so thrilled. She expects your lessons with a lot of excitation. 

 

"Thank you very much, Doojoon-ssi. " Yoseob grinned, a honest grin but Doojoon only saw it as a mask, because Yang Yoseob was definitely hiding something. Something that matters. " It's always a pleasure teaching. " He added, with the same smile. 

 

"Have we met, somewhere?" asked Doojoon. Yoseob's body shivered at the question, it took quite strength not to blush over the thought Yoon Doojoon might have noticed him. He used their common english classes as a pretext, thanked his teacher to suggest him taking english classes. Althought he had familiarized with Doojoon's presence at every lesson Yoseob would give to his sister - two in a week -, he still felt agonizing to stand under the older's gaze. " Ah, english classes. " His disinterested voice spoke.

 

 

 

 

English classes, yes, english classes.

 

 

 

 

Doojoon had noted to carefully watch Yoseob's attendance to english classes, as the short man said, they were indeed attending to the same english classes. The teacher was currently speaking about the worth of adjectives in english grammar, but Doojoon's attention remained focus on the ginger head who was trying hard not to doze off in class. It made Doojoon smile.

 

When the bell rang, Doojoon could only grin looking at Yoseob's head, resting on his head with his eyes closed. Quietly walking up to his table, he gently shook the shoulder of the shorter man, who abruptly woke up, cursing. "Hey buddy," Yoseob turned to the owner of the voice, his body automatically stiffened when he noticed Doojoon standing a few centimeters away from him, with an evident smirk on his face. "Let's have a snack" Doojoon said, heading first. 

 

Yoseob sat still for a few seconds, blinking absentmindly. Has Yoon Doojoon just told him they would have a snack together? He let his cheeks get red, a pool of warmness grew in his stomach. There was something puzzling about Doojoon, his ability of being a stranger to a friend within a few days. Their first talk was only a few days ago and Doojoon already treated him like a friend. A friend. A new friend.

 

There were they, in front of grilled meat, at 4pm, actually talking - okay maybe it was rather Doojoon asking question with Yoseob replying than an actual conversation - as if they always have been friends. Doojoon was friendly, cold at first - fear, shyness Yoseob believes - and it eased Yoseob to see the older open up so easily to him. He learned Doojoon wanted to be a soccer player, but with his family inheritance, he decided he would rather study business and economy. " I could have rejected my father's offer, but - do you want that beef? - I've always looked up to my father, so yeah. " He said, with his mouth half filled with meat. "What about you?"

 

"My father's away, so, I,uh " Yoseob stuttered a bit as he noticed Doojoon staring intensely at him - so close, Doojoon thought, reveal me your secret, - Yoseob coughed a bit. " I just chose singing because I like singing. "

 

Doojoon internally screamed, as he watched his thoughts crush like a bridge collapsing, a bridge leading to Yoseob's secret. "Personal choice then?" He asked, earning a nod as a reply. "What about your broth-" He stopped mid-sentence, closed in eyes, grimaced and cursed at himself for making such a mistake. When he opened his eyes, he faced the confused face of Yoseob, a mixture of anger, confusion and disappointment.

 

Yoseob was astonished. Few knew about his brother - neighbors, HyunSeung, Junhyung and Dongwoon - but how Doojoon? He tried not to make assumptions about the older man in front of him, holding back his irritation. He felt drained all of a sudden. "How do you about my brother? " He venomously hissed.

 

"See, my sister's having a nasty habit of befriend with anyone and I was bothered with rumors about you-" He said. Better saying the truth - a part at least - to him, because he may have discovered a day or another. He couldn't finish his sentence because Yoseob was already leaving the restaurant, furious. Doojoon sighed. He swore he almost felt apologetic for the boy. 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoseob walked away frantically. He should have known, he should have learned. After two years in this university, he should have been careful, people like Yoon Doojoon are not only selfish but dangerously rich, able to reach whatever they want - including getting in personal life. He was grateful this comedy only lasted a few days, he didn't want to know about painful it would have been if Yoseob had grown attached to Doojoon. No, he wasn't attached, no he didn't care, no of course no. 

 

The pain in his chest was something else, certainly not a pain caused by Doojoon's actions, no. Hell yes, his mind yelled. It reminded him of Daniel. Oh, Daniel. Daniel - based on his dubious memory - had dimples when he smiled, showing his happiness. His dimples were small, almost not noteworthy but with the amount of times Yoseob had spent with him, he noticed it. 

 

He and Daniel met when both were highschooler. Yoseob had grown rebellious towards his small family - his brother and father -, going to parties underage, drinking, smoking and ing. He couldn't recall the number of men he ed - or men who ed him - he believed now it was quite prominent. He was not a , get paid, no, he was young, unexperienced. He met Daniel at a party - where he spent most of his junior year - organized by his cousin Junhyung. Daniel was hot, arousing Yoseob's body. He wore a white tee-shirt, a common jean but the way his hips would swing, move, dance at the loud music had Yoseob entranced. He had a smoky make-up covering his eyes, sweat glistening along his body under the neon lights. 

 

"Hey y" had Daniel whispered in Yoseob's pierced ear - now he doesn't wear his piercings anymore, it felt wrong - his earlobe, as the now ginger head leaned against the bar, trying to grab another can of beer. Yoseob had shuddered, excited, when Daniel grabbed his hand, pulling him on the dancefloor. They rocked their hips against each other until their breathings were unstable, rapsy, Yoseob ran outside, laying on the wet grass. 

 

He spent almost a year, doing hide-and-seek with his family, hiding Daniel to them because it was unfamiliar, it was called wrong by the society and it was exactly what was thrilling: forbidden actions. Kissing under an old couple's house, fleeing in the early morning, having in every part of both of their houses, an act prohibited by Daniel's mother and Yoseob's father.

 

However, Daniel was unpredictable, he was erratic, he needed more, he was never satisfied - this is how Yoseob found out he had several relationships going on - because he was needy, craving for attention, for new things, things that go too far for Yoseob to be involved, 'I'm rebellious not crazy, Daniel!' he yelled at the one he loved the most. During the last months of their relationship, there were more fights, more yells, more curses, at the same time, more colds for Yoseob, more bruises. 

 

'You're ed up anyway, Yoseob!' had howled Daniel once, and the look in his eyes made Yoseob think his lover was insane, senseless because he could only see madness, anger, and mockery. 'I have AIDS! So you're as ed up as I am, stupid ' he added, breaking into a hysteric laughter that brought tears to Yoseob. They ended up having - or rather Daniel forcing Yoseob into "a love-making"- because Yoseob couldn't call this love. This relationship was unwholesome. It still is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The apartment was petty in comparision of how tall the building was, but it was cozy, snug - just like Hyunseung likes it - full of Junhyung's sketches. A marvel. Few pictures were hanging on the wall, but mainly drafts of clothes, drafts of cubic forms, things that seemed quite weird but for Hyunseung, it looked puzzling, uncanny. He notably liked a draw of the Joker, colored with pastel. 

 

"It's a bit...small," Junhyung suddenly said, a hand scratching the back of his head, mouth a bit open - a habit showing his nervosity - while scanning the room. "But it's enough for two,.. it's Yoseob who decided to hang my drawings, he says he likes it. "

 

Hyunseung grinned, a timid grin but earnest grin. "Your skills got prodigious, especially the details. " Hyunseung's whispering, amazed. He didn't regret asking where Junhyung leaves, the place looked stunning to him. " I'm starting to believe our break-up did wonders on you, " He said, with a small sad laugh.

 

Junhyung frowned, it pained him. " No, it didn't. " He harshly said. He couldn't understand why Hyunseung actually had to bring up this history again, - in classes, at lunch time, even on his way to Junhyung's and Yoseob's place -, what was to say? Hyunseung left, Junhyung stayed, they broke up. End of the story.

 

Junhyung bitterly bemoaned accepting Hyunseung's proposition so fast. Maybe he wasn't apt to immerse himself with a relationship - an old relationship furthermore -, a relationship that would bring ach, painful memories. Junhyung hadn't forgotten how mediocre he had gotten after Hyunseung left - neither did Yoseob - and his scars on his arms could witness his old sadness. " Jun, we should really talk about it. "

 

His jaw tightened, he turned back sharply eyeing the older man. " Oh, you want to talk back it?! Fine let's about how you broke my heart, how you stopped loving me! Does it ring a bell, smartass?" He shouted, angry tears in his eyes, but no, he would cry, as he stared at a calm Hyunseung.

 

He expected Hyunseung to get exasperated with Junhyung - the last boy was being nothing but a with his old lover -, to get furious like he could be at times, to cry out his feelings, his angry feelings. Not the feelings he was feeling for Junhyung, not the love - love Junhyung thought had stopped existing in Hyunseung's heart - for Junhyung, no, not that. But Hyunseung did, Junhyung almost vowed nothing had been excruciating.

 

" I've never stopped loving you." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gikwang was taken aback by Dongwoon's revelation. He hadn't expected Dongwoon to be so accessible, so outgoing, even with uality. It was good thing, though. It made him at ease to know he could find an ally in this quest against Hyosung, it made lightheated to know he didn't have to play anymore with Dongwoon, because he truly had attraction for Dongwoon - the male was more than handsome - because, yes Gikwang was gay as well. 

This coffee date he offered to Dongwoon was pleasant, full of surprises - for both sides - and for once in a while, Gikwang  sincerely felt himself. No more hiding, no more playing, just him and Dongwoon. Gikwang wasn't much fond of keeping secrets, playing games, cheating, lying, he never liked it and he still doesn't. However, he couldn't exactly point out why he spilled out everything to Dongwoon - including his bet with Doojoon - he couldn't tell if he asked for solace or help, maybe both. 

 

It was more remarkable to hear Dongwoon's reply when Gikwang required his help to prank Hyosung. " Oh, that would be a pleasure. " Gikwang's coffee got stuck in his throat, couhging in disbelief. 

 

"You mean that you're agreeing with me? Getting my CFO's place back? All this stuff?" He asked again, skeptical. He had expected Dongwoon to yell at him, call him irrationnal, selfish but Dongwoon had actually not only agreed but pooled Gikwang's ideas with his; all of this while wearing a huge smile, a hint of mischief in his pretty eyes.

 

" I do," replied Dongwoon, raising his eyebrows. "Does it surprise you?" He asked, a smirk at the corner of his lips.

 

" Hell yeah!" exclaimed Gikwang, eyes wide. "So, it's a deal?" raising his hand for Dongwoon to shake it, and the younger did, much to Gikwang's pleasure.

 

"Deal. "

 

 


Hello lovelies! I hope you liked it? Tell me you liked it?! I would appreciate if you leave comments, but if you don't, I won't be mad, I promise! So, yeah, thereee you know what happened between Yoseob and Daniel!! Finallyyyy!

Doojoon ed up (as expected..), and I tried to make JunSeung's relationship more complicated than maybe you thought it would be! Hehe, I can't tell you about DooSeob relationship, you'll have to wait! Oh and surprise! Kiwoon relationship started^^ I never thought I'd come up with this idea but now that I wrote it, I find it cool^^

So yeah..... I'm glad I'm back, I missed you all!!

Much of love /send cookies and hugs/

Author-ssi