One: Meeting

밤의 속삭

 

" Miss Myunghee please stop running!" I heard my lady in waiting calling after me as I ran. Looking back I laughed, there she was breathing heavely as she tried to catch up with me. Looking forward with a smile on my face I ran towards my dance school. I haven't formally introduced myself, my name is Lee Myunghee I am twenty years old not knowing that today would start the end of my life.

I saw the building and picked up my pace. I could feel sweat dripping down my neck and face. It may have been November but it was still I little warm. I bound up the stairs and kicked off my shoes. "Ms.Kim!" I shouted as I slid the main room door open.

"Ah!! My goodness child! Do you want me to die!" Ms.Kim shouted as she put her hand over her heart.

"Sorry Ms.Kim~" I said as I went to hug her. She let out a chuckle and pulled me away from her.

" Come now there is a lot to do for the princes birthday tonight. Today the prince becomes a man." she sighed " If only I was young again." she said as we continued down the hall. The school was also her house. Ms.Kim was married to one of the kings scholars, no children. But she had always considered me as her little girl. I've been dancing since I was eight years old, and Ms.Kim has been with me since then. 

" What do you mean?" I asked following her.

" Myunghee have you never seen the prince?" she looked at me over her shoulder. To her disappointment I shook my head. " Aigoo child he is a sight to see."  We had just arrived in the dance room when she said that, causing everyone to look at us. 

" Myunghee!" I looked to see my brother walking towards me. When he reached me he bowed and I soon followed when we came up we laughed and hugged. My brother was a year older then me and was a good seven inches taller. In the village he was popular with all the girls and guys wanted to be around him so they could get the girls or get to me. Me and my family were well known in the village, dad was a sucsseful owner of a resultant in town and made enough money for us to live on. So we weren't rich nor were we poor. 

" Myungsoo oppa I forgot you were playing for the ceremony." He looked at me like I was crazy.

" Did you forget that I'm friends with the prince?" he said as he knocked me on the side of my head.

" OPPA! You didn't have to hit me." I pouted while scratching the abused spot. 

" Oh my dear sister, I have dealt with that pout for twenty years now. It's not going to work anymore~" he said as he walked back to where instrument was. 

" Okay everyone. Let's start from the top. Myunghee if you would get into position please." she pointed to the center of the room. Around me were other girls all in a bowing position that you would do to someone of a royal family. And the men were on the side waiting for their entrence. The music started and I started to feel it. I felt the music as it told a story. A story of a royal romance, one of a girl who happened to meet the man she loved but is not allowed to love him. It was a sad but beautiful love. My movements were soft and flowing just like love should be. The boys came in and were strong but matched well with my flow. We had just reached the of the dance when a solider came into the main room. Every one stopped and looked at him.

" What is so important that you stopped this dance." Ms.Kim said as she looked at the said man. Her arms by her side and a stern look on her face.

The solider bowed his head, " My apologies lady Kim. But this is from the king himself." he handed her a letter and left.  She looked at the letter forming words but I couldn't figure out what she was saying. Soon a smile appeared on her face. She looked up and smiled at me.

" Everyone this rehearsal is over. Myunghee you must come with me to the palace." everyone including me in the room had dropped our jaws. The king had requested me to come to the palace but why?

" Why does the king want to see me?" I questioned completely confused. 

" Simple. You are to dance with the prince for the party. The king chose you because you, my child are the best dancer in the country and the king admires you." I am in total shock. 

Soon we left to go to the palace, with Myungsoo oppa going along. He was going to be the buffer between me and the prince so things wouldn't get awkward. 

" Ms.Kim what is the prince like? I asked as I looked out the window of our carriage. 

" Hmm well he is very kind hearted, a saint if you ask me. Also he can be innocent minded at the same also very mature when he is dealing with his future kingdom. He is about the same hieght as your brother and the same age, but it's his smile that will get you. They call him the smiling angel." this boy sounded interesting

" But father do I really have to dance with her! I mean I could just dance with noona! Right noona!" He looked to his sister who was seated beside him at the table. She was too busy stuffing her face to care what was going on, so she kept on ignoring Dongwoo as he son started to push her. 

" Aish! Dongwoo! Stop." she had finally given up and put down her food. " How would it look if you did your first dance as a man with your sister? Hmm?" she pushed her finger against his forehead making him tilt his head back. 

" That is enough you two." their father finally spoke. " Dongwoo you are dancing with Myunghee and that is final, and Jiyeon eat like a princess and not like a solider okay?" both nodded and continued to eat. Soon breakfast was done and Dongwoo decided to take a walk around the palace garden before hi dance partner came. 

" Prince your partner will be here in ten minutes." Dongwoo looked back to see his personal guard. 

" Thank you. You may go, I'm sure she won't be too dangerous." the guard bowed and left. Dongwoo was thinking of what kind of girl se will be. He had heard about her a lot. Many had praised her for her nice and bright personality and her simply amazing talent for dancing. They said not only was she nice but a beauty. Long black hair, milky white skin, small and big eyes. 

" Sir, lady Kim and lady Myunghee are here." he turned around and was met with something he could have never imagined, an angel had gaced its self in his presence. 

Ten minutes ago: Myunghee

I had been staring out of the window watching as the trees passed me by. " Myunghee we are here." I looked  and saw a glorious building. High walls that were red with a nice green roof. The walls had some hand carving on them this was simply beautiful. A solider opened the door and lead us to where we had to go. 

" I am just going to go say my greetings to the king." Oppa said before he left us. I looked back to where we were going, this place was huge. I'd get lost in about five seconds if it wasn't for the solider. Soon we made it to what I guessed was the garden. There in the middle of a field of iris' I saw a figure, broad shoulder thin but muscular.

" Sir, lady Kim and lady Myunghee are here." He turned around and I felt my breath hitch and my heart felt light but painful. This boy simly was an angel.

----------------------------

So did ya like it? ;) 

Comments are amazing as always and they encourage me to keep going~ 

-preview-

" How could one look so foolish but be so smart young prince?" 

" I don't know, how could one dance as if she truly was an angel Lady Myunghee?" 

" Young prince are you flirting with me?"

" Not sure is it working?"