:D

[OneShot] Baby Boy No More

 

Baby Boy No More




Wookie quietly sat on the black couch while he was waiting for his dad to turn on all the equipments, including the computer that he was supposed to play with when his dad does his work. 

“You okay there buddy?” Jiyong asked as he plugged the computer on the desk near the couch. 

“Uhuh.” Wookie answered absentmindedly, he was still playing with his new toy. 

Jiyong noticed that Wookie was still upset with his tone when he answered.

“Are you still mad at your mommy?” 

Wookie looked up at him and if possible pouted some more, “I really wanted to play with my toys! But she wouldn’t let me bring them. How can I choose one? I love all of them, you gave it to me! You said I should love them and take care of them.”

Wookie had a small fight with his Mommy before he left with his Daddy. Chaerin, who is now seven months pregnant, told him to bring only one toy because she wasn’t going to be with them to help him clean up. Chaerin was going to meet up with her Mom to go to her doctor as Jiyong won’t be able to come with her because he had deadlines to meet. They both decided to let Wookie spend the day with his Daddy.

“Buddy, you know how Daddy doesn’t like mess right?”

Wookie nodded but was still looking down and fiddling with his toy.

“And you know how Mommy’s gets easily mad because of the baby, right?” 

Wookie nodded again.

“So you understand why Mommy told you to bring only one toy?” 

Wookie let out a sigh and said, “Yes.” 

“So you’ll be a good boy and understand?” 

“Yes.” 

Jiyong ruffled his son’s hair and said, “Okay, if you’re a good boy and wait for Daddy, I’ll let you listen to the song after I finish with it.”

“REALLY!? Me first before the Big Bang Uncles?” 

Jiyong was finishing a few songs for their mini-album, just a teaser for their big comeback album set after Chaerin gives birth. This will be a sure treat to fans. 

“Yes, and if you’re really really good, I’ll buy you your favorite ice cream before we go home. Okay?”

“OKAY!” Wookie stood up and gave his Dad a salute.

“Great. The computer is open now, what do you want to play?” 

They both went closer to the computer and Wookie pointed the icon of the game that he usually plays when he stays with his Dad.

-----

"Omma! Did you wait long?" Chaerin said as she entered the clinic for her check-up.

"No, darling. I also arrived just a few minutes ago. How are you feeling?"

"I find it hard to sometimes catch my breath and I'm feeling back pains often too. But generally, the baby and I are doing well."

"Does Jiyong know about this? Let us have the doctor check that later, okay?"

"No, I didn't tell him yet. He has a lot on his mind lately, you know, writing songs and such. But he always finds time to check on me and the baby."

"What about Wookie? I bet he's really excited for the baby."

Chaerin sighed. "Of course he is! He already bought a stuffed bear for his sister ... but I'm also worried about him lately. These past few weeks, I'm paying a lot of attention to my pregnancy and I think the little boy is jealous. I'm trying my very best to balance my time with Jiyong and Wookie but I can't avoid being irritable sometimes."

"Oh dear, the eldest children are always like that. Yes, he's excited to have a little sister soon but he also knows that your time will be divided. Maybe that's the reason why he suddenly wants to be babied again."

"Omma, am I a bad mother? I tend to raise my voice at him sometimes when his toys are everywhere or when he wants me to go out with him. Not that I don't want to play with him anymore... It's just that I feel too tired easily. I also overheard him and Jiyong talking the other night. It hurt my heart so much when he asked his father if I don't love him anymore because I give all of my time to the baby."

"Don't worry darling. After all, Wookie is still adjusting to the situation. However, try to also manage your emotions. You can't always tell him off and reason your being pregnant. We don't want him to feel not loved, now do we?"

"Of course not. I love my baby so much. Thanks omma. I guess Wookie and I will be having a date tonight." Chaerin smiled. "But wait omma. How do you know so much about this? Am I like this when you were pregnant with Harin too?"

Mrs. Lee just laughed in response. 

"Mrs. Kwon? It's now your turn." the secretary smiled as she approached Chaerin.

---

"What do you want to eat, young man?" Jiyong asked Wookie who sat beside him during lunch. "Stop playing with your toy first and order. Daddy is really really hungry now!" He turned to face his child and gave him his signature pout.

Wookie laughed at his dad. "Omo, daddy. Stop being too cute! You're going to beat me in being the baby boy now."

"If you don't order now, I'll really beat you to it!"

"Waiteeeeeeeer!" 

'Such a lovely kid. Just like his mom, really.' Jiyong chuckled as he thought to himself.

While they were eating, Jiyong noticed Wookie being quiet and very well behaved today. After his small tantrum in the studio a while ago, he barely talked to Jiyong and played all by himself. He also listened well to all of his daddy's requests. Very unusual.

"Wookie-yah, why are you so quiet today? Talk to daddy. Are you mad about something?"

His son faced him innocently and said "Talk to you? Uhh, Hi daddy! How are you doing?"

Jiyong playfully glared at his son for answering literally. "Yaaaaah."

"No daddy, I'm not mad. I'm practicing."

"Practicing? For what?"

"Being a good boy. Mommy always gets mad at me but she doesn't show it. I don't want her to get mad anymore."

"Aigoo, my baby boy has really grown up. But Wookie, don't be sad about mommy being mad at you sometimes, okay? She also gets mad at me, do you know why?"

"Why daddy?"

"Because your little sister is getting heavy so she gets tired easily. When you don't keep your toys properly, she has to pick up all of them. It's the same with daddy. Everytime I throw papers everywhere, she's cleaning it up. When you're tired, you also get mad at daddy when I try to play with you right? Because you want to rest."

"Aaah! I get it now daddy! I will fix my toys when I get home!”

"Now, that's my boy. Are you excited for the baby?"

"Yessss! Super! I already asked my Bigbang uncles for good names too!" Wookie bounced on his seat.

"Oh really? Are you now ready to be an oppa?"

"You should teach me daddy. I want to make little sister happy!"

"Like I told you before, don't let her play with other boys. Always always go with her, arasso? And don't make her cry too. Be a nice oppa to your sister, okay?"

"Arasso daddy!" He giggled as he munched in the remaining food on his plate.

---

When Jiyong and Wookie got home, Chaerin was preparing dinner. Wookie tugged his daddy’s shirt until they arrived at the kitchen. Jiyong and Wookie both kissed Chaerin on the lips briefly.

“Buddy, what do you want?”

“Plates. Three.”

Jiyong understood his son’s intentions and handed him the plates. “Be careful. I’ll get three spoons and three forks, yeah?”

“Yes please daddy!”

Chaerin smiled upon seeing his two favorite boys bond together, but what surprised her more is their enthusiasm in helping her out tonight. Normally, the two would just play around the house or it is always Jiyong who helps her. It was so nice to see Wookie helping his daddy set the table.

While eating dinner, Chaerin asked the two about how their day went. She also told them about her check-up.

“Wookie baby, did you behave well while your daddy is working?”

“Of course mommy! I did not run around the studio. I just sat there and watched daddy work.”

Chaerin turned her gaze to Jiyong. “Oppa?”

“Yes, it’s true. Wookie is very well behaved today. Because he is practicing.”

“Practicing for what?”

“Secreeeeeeet.” Jiyong and Wookie said in sync.

“Aigooo. What did the two of you talk about? Share it to mommy, pleaaaase?” 

She batted her eyelashes, trying to be cute in front of her son.

“Boy talk, mommy. Boy talk.”

Chaerin pouted a little and turned to her husband, “Oppa, share?”

“Boy talk, jagiya. Boy talk.”



-----------------------------------------------------------------