Yabu Kota One-shot #THE BALL THAT STARTED IT ALL#2

Yabu Kota One-shot #THE BALL THAT STARTED IT ALL#2

Sato Nanami P.O.V

I am practicing my soccer skills when I imagine someone at the goal, playing the goalie. I can tell that she is going to lean to the left, and shoot to the right corner. She runs to the left side and I kick to the right. She totally goes the opposite way.

I... score!

Yeah!!!!!!! I did it!! I think in my head.

After a while of imagining, I lie down on the grass, wondering what I would do, if I could be on the soccer that would accept me like a normal player. Every time I go to a tryout, they always let me on the team, but they won't let me sit out, or at least go on defense. I am always on offense, and I feel that they are making me play too much and not having the other players play enough in the game.

I sit up, wondering if there ever was a team I could get on. All of a sudden, I see from the corner of my right eye a soccer ball hurdling towards me. It was kind of like self-defense, but I did a flip and kicked the ball into the net.

I scored!!!!!!!!!

I am jumping up and down in excitement, and then I finally relax. But I wonder who might have kicked the soccer ball directly where my face was. Luckily I noticed, but maybe if I hadn't, it may have hit me in the head and caused some severe damage.

Out of the blue, I hear a voice that says, "Wow! I was going to say "Wath out!" but I guess I didn't have to. You got some cool moves there."

I turn around.

In front of me is a guy wearing baggy jeans, a white t-shirt with a checkered red and black jacket. He has his hands in his pockets and is kind of looking down at me, since I am a bit shorter than he is.

He sticks his hand out for a shake. "Yabu Kota" he says with a smile. But I can tell that he looks a bit nervous when he says his name. 

I shake his hand. "Sato Nanami" 

I grin at him.

He then asks me, "Do you not know who I am?" with a nervous face. 

I laugh.

"Of course I know who you are!"

He then starts to back away from me. 

"You are Yabu Kota, the one who almost hit me in the face with a soccer ball."

He asks me curiously, "So you don't know about me?" I look at him with a curious face. "What are you talking about?" Yabu-san brings his face to mine and whispers ever so slightly in my ear.

"I am in a idol group called Hey! Say! JUMP! And work at the Johnny's Entertainment Talent Agency."

I stare at him with confusion plastered on my face. "Excuse me if I am offensive, but what are trying to say? Because I don't know anything about what you call this "Johnny's Agency" or "Hey! Say! JUMP!" 

He smiles. "None taken. But you really don't know anything about what I said before?" I shake my head. "Well, should I explain to you about all of this?" 

I shrug

He laughs. 

I grin crazily.

Yabu-san starts to begin his explanation. 

"Well, it all started when I was lying on the floor of my bedroom, looking up at my ceiling, thinking of what to do when my mom called me downstairs. "Kouta!!!!! Come downstairs! I have a present for you!" 

I get up from my bed and come downstairs.

She has a smile plastered on her face, and her bright brown eyes show excitement and joy. I notice something behind her back. Was that an envelope? 

Her voice overflows with happiness as she says, "You have been accepted to THE JOHNNY'S AGENCY!!!!!! Kya~!!"

At that time, I knew what Johnny's was, and what I was going to be doing there. But when I tried to speak, my mom just hugged me so tightly that I could barely breathe. But the one question that came into my mind is: How did I get into Johnny's Agency without even auditioning? 

My mom answers my question like she had read my mind. "I sent the Agency a letter with your picture on it as an audition! And you got in!"

My jaw dropped to the ground. Like, literally.

As I am jumping around with excitement, the phone rings. My mom picks it up.

She turns her back to me, and is talking to the person on the phone very seriously. Meanwhile, I was thinking and imagining what Johnny's Agency had there. First of all, I had to know what I was going to be doing there. It was exciting and all, but it's kinda saying that you were called downstairs by your mom and was told that you were accepted into Kyudo. (Which, by the way, is Archery.)

After my mom finishes talking to the person on the phone, she hangs up, and kneels to my height, where I can see her face-to-face. I knew I had to ask her then. So I did.

"Oka-san, (mom) what is the Johnny's Agency?" 

My mom looked at me with a look of bewilderment. 

She then the television, and changed the channel to the music channel. There was a dude with a microphone singing something. It looked so cool and everything. Then, she pointed at that person. 

"Kouta, you are going to be that person. A famous idol!!!!!"

I looked at my mom with a "what-in-the-world" look.

"Johnny's Agency is a Agency for Boys that are in the star world. They sing, dance, and act." My mom explains to me as I nod in agreement.

"But why do I have to go to Johnny's anyways?"

"Because I want you to be someone you are proud of, and I know that you will make a good idol."

"But I don't want to go into the star world!"

"You have to!"

"..."

I pout.

After a while of talking and begging, I finally give in.

"Time to get ready!"

"For what?"

"A audition of course."

"WHAT?!"

And then I met passed the auditions, debuted into a group called Ya-Ya-Yah, and finally became Hey! Say! JUMP!"

"That makes sense, I guess."

I stand up, and do some stretches. He stands up with me and we stretch together. I am really flexible, so I don't have a problem reaching for my toes or doing a backspring. He looks at me with amazement and says,

"You are so flexible!"

i nod at him.

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

My cell phone rings.

I grab it and Tsukushi-chan messaged me.

"Where are you? I'm at the front of the University. See you in 10 min."

"I have to go, I guess I might see you around soon."

"Yeah, sure.  See you around!"

I wave at him as i pack my stuff.

He waves back happily.