The truth;

That XX

 

How long has it been since I have seen you? Perhaps are you still crying over the other night? I don’t wanna hurt you.

 

Flashback

I am having the time of my life. What can I say? I am walking down the street with this beautiful woman next to me, enjoying the night breeze of Osaka – Japan. It has been a few years since I have known Kiko and things just started to get serious between us. Don’t get me wrong, I do have a girlfriend of 3 years in Korea. But with us both being popular idols, it is so hard to date freely and enjoy simple things with her. But with Kiko, it is different. I can have my usual dates in restaurants or theme parks without having any paparazzi following us around.  I took off the ring you gave. Kiko will never know. Besides there are already news of it being a couple ring. You will understand, I know. You love me, right?

 

 

 

 

 I remembered the boys were so against me seeing Kiko – because they are so afraid that the fragile you, who doesn’t trust men easily yet allowed me to be a part of your life, will be broken.

Flashback

“G, you gotta stop all this crap. What you feel for Kiko is temporary “ Youngbae argued, “Maybe it’s a crush or maybe it is just lust. I get it that seeing Kiko is something fresh but you love Dara, G.”

“ guys! I am just looking for some fun. Loosen up a little will you? It is not like I will break up with Dara or hurt Kiko along the way. Kiko doesn’t know that I am attached and she will never know” I said begrudgingly.

Hyung, listen to yourself right now! I admit I see girls myself but you are hurting two girls in this and may I remind you that Dara noona is someone whom I am really close with. So I swear to God, Hyung..  If ever, ever. noona were to shed a tear, I will not support you in this.” Now even the rat is trying to be all smart about this.

“And Jiyong..  Bom noona and Chaerin have their suspicions of you too. They noticed how you have been calling and texting Dara less each day...” Top hyung said softly, eyes on the floor.

I looked at Daesung, waiting for him to voice out his opinions just like the others. But surprisingly, he just patted my back and walked into his room. His eyes clearly showed disappointment and a hint of pity. I can take it that he is disappointed in me, but pity? Why so? I guess it’s true when they said Daesung is the sensitive one among us.

 

 

 

 

 

Your friends know me well too, they know. It looks clear, why don't you see it. Could it be that you love me so much that you started believing every excuses that I told you, every lie each time a scandal is made? That couple bracelet I had with Sohee, the date with Miss Korea and now, Kiko. The reporters even have pictures of us but no, you still held on to me. How can you not see it, are you ing stupid? Little did I know that I was the stupid one..

Flashback

I am not lying when I said I panicked when the news of me dating Kiko spread like wildfire. I am on my way to YG building right now. I don’t know why but all I could think of is you. How will you react to this and knowing you, I know you will be hiding somewhere and crying. And the thought of it breaks my heart, I just have to clear things out with you. I don’t want to be like that bastard. How could I..? So upon reaching YG grounds, I ran to the rooftop. It is the only place that you’ll go to when you are feeling down - it is your sanctuary and has become mine too.

“Dara! Dara baby... Listen to me”

The sight of you hugging yourself with tears streaming down your face brought daggers to my heart. I would rather die than be the cause of it. Then why do I keep hurting you... How much longer are you going to cry yourself silly?

“Baby, look at me,” I held onto your arms to bring you comfort and assurance that you are still the one and maybe to remind myself again how perfect your hands are molded into mine. “She is just a friend, Dara. Top hyung knows her too. You know how I am into the fashion world and she has just the right contacts, Dara. Believe me...”

I looked into your eyes, tears clearly streaming down your beautiful face. But there is just something that is missing. It is like you are looking past me, as if I am not there at all. Could it be... But my thoughts are disrupted by what you said next “ It’s okay, Ji. I understand. I know you are definitely not the kind of person who will see more than one girl right? Besides, it is not like as though it hasn’t happened before. The same scandal, just with different girls each time.”

I winced at the last sentence. That was something new, and unexpected of you. All this time I thought you hadn’t realised but who am I to fool. So there and then I promised myself that I will prove to you how important you are to me. And the next thing I know, I blurted out these words, “Let’s go out for a date, D. A real one where we don’t have to worry about anything else, just us. I love you, D.”

 

CL’s POV

“Unnie.. just promise me that you are doing the right thing by forgiving him so easily. I know you love him but sometimes, even love can’t conquer all odds.”

I hate seeing Dara crying herself to sleep every night. If only that bast*rd hears the sound of her sobs and anguish. Yes, I still regard him as someone I can relate to whenever I need someone to talk to about fashion, culture and music but that’s it. He is at fault here and Dara unnie is still my first priority. I know he is still seeing that Japanese model. How obvious can Oppa get? He created a twitter account and instead of following Bom unnie or Minzy, he followed Kiko first. And up to now, he still hasn’t requested to follow Bommie unnie. She would know since she recently locked her twitter account after Oppa got one. No one could blame her, she is after all part of the Park Sisters.

“Aigooo ouri Pudongie, worrying about her unnie. Don’t worry baby.. I know what I am doing. He is the best out there, even you said so when you listened to his songs that he made just for me. And I love him, much more than you know it... That’s enough to keep us together, right? So let’s just put everything behind us and be excited for me please. It is not every day that I can have a normal date with your Oppa. Now go help me find a suitable outfit that will knock him off his feet! Palli palli!” Seeing how happy and proud you are whenever it is about Oppa, I decided to let it go.

When you speak of him, you look so happy (you look happy)
It’s good that you can be this happy (I’m happy)
You say you really love him, want to be with him forever
You trust him completely (I don’t know what to say no more)

 

GD’s POV

I waited for you at the restaurant, the kind where only the richest go to.  I was nervous yet excited at the same time. Nervous because this will mark the turning point in our relationship, to prove that our love is real and lasting. Excited because it has been so long since I have actually asked you out. But before I even had the chance to call and inform you that I have been waiting for you in the restaurant, someone hugged me tightly from the back. My heart beats frantically... It has always been your way to greet me in that manner and so I closed my eyes to embrace that moment. I can still remember that night all so clearly.

Flashback

“Dara...” I whispered your name. I open my eyes but what I see next got me confused. There you are standing at the entrance, eyes widened, obviously shocked at what you are witnessing right now. Wait.. So if you are right in front of me right now then who is the one that is hugging me? I slowly disengaged myself from that person and turn behind slowly. It was Kiko, smiling at me as though I am the greatest thing that has happened to her. How ed up can this be? Could it be God is playing with me?

I turned back to look at you only to see you leaving, with Bom noona holding onto you. No doubt you were crying. I ran after you, I did but I stopped once I heard Bommie saying “They say love is blind. Oh Dara, you’re so blind. I am so sorry that these have to happen to you..Noona too was crying along with you.

 

 

 

 

How could I run after you after all these pain I have brought upon you? How could I be so selfish to not realise that you are hurting? I love you so much.. And just like that I have become that bast*rd.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

MS word count: 1,624

So basically this is a transition between the past and the present and how GD regrets his doing yet he can't help himself. I guess if you were to see it from his POV, you'd understand how difficult it is to even spend time with Dara freely. And in the ending when he mentioned how he have become that bast*rd, it is bacause he let go of Dara and started acting upon how the society has already potrayed him as - the bad boy with scandals (somewhat in relation to the lyrics of OAK)

 I am sorry if I have disappoint some of you with the plot, I am really not good at expressing what's on my mind. And really I just have to get this off my chest. If there's any errors, please know that I didn't double read it or QC-ed it.

Thank you for taking your time in reading this. PEACE!