this is the story

We are not meant together

 

                A girl wait at a park at the university while reading a novel to kill time and a boy uses his hands to cover the girl’s eyes. The boy says, “Who is me?”

                “Hm… a ert person who try to harass me.” say the girl, Unie.

                “Hey, that’s too cruel. I’m your boyfriend, you know?” say Kota.

                “I know and I always remember it. Why you late today?” say Unie.

                Kota takes seat beside her and show a necklace to her before says, “I go to a shop to take this necklace. Special for my lovely girlfriend.”

                Kota helps Unie wear the necklace and Unie says, “Thanks, it really beautiful necklace.”

                “Of course, it only one in the world. Actually, I ask my imotou to design it special for you.” Say Kota. Kota and Unie already have been together for 3 years since they in high school. Even many people oppose their relationship, nothing bad happen to their relationship.

                “Your class already ends?” ask Kota and Unie just nods her head. “So, let’s go to watch movie. I get tickets from Aria for her latest movie.”

                “Eh, really? She really great ne? Unlike me.” ask Unie and Kota detects a slight jealous with it. Aria is Kota’s little sister and she quiet active in entertainment world.

                “But you’re greater than her because you have great men like me.” say Kota as he kisses Unie’s hand. Both of them go to cinema to watch the movie.

***********************************

                Kota reach home after he makes sure Unie arrives home safely. When he get into the house, he notices Aria is crying at living room. He asks her, “What happen?”

                “Otosama found out about my relationship with Taichi and threat me that he would make Taichi’s life suffer if I don’t want to leave him.” say Aria. Kota just hugs his sister and try to calm her before remember about his relationship with Unie.

                “Ne, Aria-chan. You think same thing would happen to me?” Kota sounds his worries to Aria.  He actually afraid if same things happen to his relationship.

                “I’m not sure about it. I really jealous with you and Unie-san. No matter what happen in the past, both of you still together and happy with it.” say Aria.

                Kota helps Aria to get into her room before he gets to his room for rest. He really worries about it if suddenly his parent decides something for him that causes his relationship with Unie. He always hopes that he is not heir of Yabu’s Corporation and could be together with Unie forever.

                “Kota, how’s your class today?” ask Mr. Yabu when they are taking their dinner.

                “Everything okay even the lecturer gives too many works for us.” Say Kota.

                “You should make more achievement because you’re my heir and the one who will take over my legacy.” Say Mr. Yabu.

                “I’m already full. I want to go back to my room to do some practice for tomorrow’s shooting.” Say Aria. She just stands up from her seat and leaves the dining table.

                “Darling, you already say to her about end her relationship with that good-for-nothing guy?” ask Mrs. Yabu.

                “I already did it.” say Mr. Yabu.

                “No wonder she eat too little today. Maid, please prepare sandwich for Aria.” Say Mrs. Yabu to the maids. The maids just nod and do their work without asking anymore.

                “I heard you still with that commoner. You should remember that you’re the one who will take over my legacy.” Say Mr. Yabu.

                “I’m done. I have to make revision for tomorrow’s quiz.” Say Kota before leave the place. He doesn’t want to talk about it with his parent.

                “Remember that you will never get together with that girl. She’s not at our standard.” Say Mrs. Yabu but Kota just decides to ignore it to avoid it become worse.

**************************

                Unie still in her room; try to finish her assignments and make revision for tomorrow’s classes. Her mother gets into her room and put snacks on the table. She says, “You should work harder to become role model to your siblings.”

                “Yes, Kasa.” Say Unie.

                “It seems you still in contact with that Yabu’s heir.” Say her mother.

                “Okasan, you know I really love him more than anything.” Say Unie.

                “But you should know our standard totally different from us. Just one word from their mouth, your life or maybe our life would ruin in second.” Say her mother.

                “I could only hope they would accept me.” say Unie. Her mother couldn’t say anything to Unie about her relationship with Kota. Unie really stubborn when it comes to her love affair and she would never hear anything about it.

                One day, her father come back home and says, “My company fired me to minimum their company’s loss.”

                “Eh, really? How about our school and one-chan’s university?” ask Nana, Unie’s little sister.

                “You guys don’t worry about it; I already save money for you guys. Don’t worry; I will go to find new work as fast as possible for you guys.” Say her father. Unie become worry about it as her father’s workplace is strategic allies of Yabu’s Corporation.

**************************

                Unie goes to university and try to act like nothing happen in her life. She really confuses on that day after see what happen in her family. Her father faces many problems just to get new jobs. The night before, her parent asks her not to get close with Kota anymore to avoid any problem in future.

                Kota tried to find Unie around the campus compound but it seems failed. His friend, Hikaru ask him, “What are you tried to find, Yabu-kun?”

                “I try to find Unie. Usually, she will sit at the bench at the student lounge but not for today.” Say Kota.

                “Maybe she already bored with you and decides to go to other guy.” Say Sae.

                “I don’t want to hear it from a girl who acts like a guy.” Say Kota.

                “Say it again, temee.” Say Sae. She wants to attack Kota but Hikaru already block it.

                “You already try to call her?” ask Hikaru.

                “I already call her but she doesn’t want to answer it.” say Kota.

                “Hey, you want to know something. I heard Unie’s father get fired from his workplace with excuses to minimize the company lose.” Say Kei.

                “Where you know about it?” ask Kota.

                “From me. I went to the company as I need to send something on my aniki’s behalf and I heard about it from the workers but only her father get fired.” Say Ruri.

                “You know anything more about it?” ask Kota and Ruri just shook her head. Kota leaves out huge sigh and tries to think about it.

                “It seem your parent begin do something.” Say Hikaru. Kota couldn’t forget Hikaru’s words to him.

*****************************

                Unie runs to a café as she will begin work part-time to support her family. She just lucky to get the job at a café that doesn’t have relationship with Yabu’s Corporation. She works really hard to make sure her siblings could get what they want.

                “Unie-san, why you work really hard?” ask Niji, the café manager.

                “I need to collect money for my family after my father gets fired. Thanks to you that I get work at here.” Say Unie.

                “You’re welcome. You can feel relieve at here because even we are not in Yabu’s Corporation but they can’t touch us.” Say Niji.

                “How you could say it easily?” ask Unie.

                “Well, we come from royal family and we can do whatever what we want to do. Ah, I shouldn’t say like that to anyone. Let’s keep it as secret.” Say Niji as she winks to Unie.

                Unie feel really happy to work at there and begin forget about her relationship with Kota. She just wants to work hard for her family. Because of Niji’s help, her father could get a new job and Unie still avoiding Kota.

                Until one day, Unie just finish her classes and failed to avoid Kota. Kota grabs her hand and asks, “Why you keep avoiding me?”

                “They already ask me not to meet you again. I don’t want my family become homeless just because of me.” Say Unie.

                “But I will figure out something for our relationship.” Say Kota.

                “Nothing could solve our problem. You’re an heir while me… I just normal girl who hope her life would be better for her own family.” Cries Unie.

                “I want to be together with you.” Say Kota. Suddenly a car stop beside them and a girl get out from the car.

                “Niji-san, what are you doing here?” ask Unie.

                “Something bad happen right now.” Say Niji. Unie quickly escape from Kota’s hand grab and get into the car as she knows it involve her family.

******************************

                “Eh, we have to move from here?” Unie really surprise with the news.

                “We have to since they still want to strike us. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Say her father.

                “But how about my class? I don’t want to miss it. Otosan, you don’t have to worry about me. I will be fine at here.” ask Unie.

                “But we can’t leave you alone at here.” Say her mother.

                “I’m a strong girl. I will come to visit you guys when I have free time.” Say Unie.

                “She can live with me to avoid any problem.” Say Niji.

                “Arigatou, Niji-sama. We really in debt with you. You always help us no matter what happen.” Say her father.

                “It’s okay and don’t call me with ‘–sama’. I just really happy to meet person like Unie-san. Honestly, I live alone at my house and it really lonely. Unie can accompany me and teach me about many things.” Say Niji.

                “I hope you will okay at here.” Say her mother.

                “If anything happen to her, I will hold the responsibility.” Say Niji.

****************************

                Unie want to leave the university compound when all her classes end for that day. She notice similar black car at outside the campus and know it is Aria’s car. Aria gets out from the car and says, “Nee-chan, otosama and okasama want to meet you. I will bring you for makeover before met them.”     

                On the way, Unie ask, “Why your parent suddenly want to meet me?”

                “It seems they want to say something to you. I really hope my parent accept your relationship with oni-chan.” Say Aria.

                “There’s nothing could save our relationship. Our status totally different apart. Even we know our relationship would never last long but I still hope we can found any miracle with it.” say Unie.

                When the time to meet Kota’s parent come, Unie couldn’t hide her nervous as she know they really strict. Aria just leads her to a private room at that restaurant and says, “No matter what happen, I will always at your side. Oni-chan too.”

*********************************

                Unie couldn’t stand to become statue in that room. Mr. Yabu and Mrs. Yabu just enjoy their meal without saying anything to her. She want to leave the room but Yabu’s Butler said that she should wait until the meal end and listen to what they want to say to her.

                “You know Yabu’s Corporation really big and great in Japan?” ask Mr. Yabu and Unie just nods her head.

                “We always want the best for our company and we don’t want anything that could ruin our image get involve in our business. We want Kota get married with the girl that we choose for him and of course the girl is not you.” Say Mrs. Yabu.

                “I know about it. I’m just normal girl who could never get into your family. I will just disgrace your pride.” Say Unie.

                “If you know about it, I don’t want you to get involve into Kota’s life. If you can make yourself disappear, it would be better.” Say Mr. Yabu. One of their bodyguards gets near to Unie and opens a briefcase in front of her.

                “That’s your money and I don’t want to see you anymore.” Say Mrs. Yabu.

                Unie stand up from her seat and says, “I don’t want to take anything for you. If you want me to leave Kota, I will do it but don’t ruin my family. It between me with your family.”

                Unie leave her seat and get out from the restaurant. Niji already wait for her and Unie runs towards her before hugs Niji. Niji says, “You just cry if you want to cry.”

***************************************

                “It’s okay for you to move from here?” ask Unie.

                “Actually, I couldn’t stand to live here anymore. All with Yabu’s Corporation things make me sick. I already found better place for us to begin new life.” say Niji.

                “Gomen, because of me, you also have to move from here.” Say Unie.

                “You don’t have to say like that. It was me who want to move from here and its great chance for you to begin your new life. From now on, we will have at new place without even concern about anyone from Yabu.” say Niji.

*****************************

                Kota really surprise that Unie already dismiss from university. He hears it from his friends who accidentally get information about it. He drives to Unie’s house and notice no one at the house. He asks the landlady and she says, “They already move from here. Their daughter follows her friend to overseas. I heard she get offer at America.”

                “Unie…” Kota couldn’t think what he should do.

                “Oni-chan, if you want to find Unie nee-chan, you better forget about it. Our parent already found your future wife. Unie nee-chan will never come back here anymore.” Say Aria. She just happens to be at there as he knows her brother will come there to meet Unie.

                Since that day, Kota couldn’t get any clues about Unie and he changes everything in his life. After few years, he already gets married with a nice girl that his parent chooses for him. He slowly accepts his wife in his life.

                “I know you still love her but don’t forget that I’m also here. I will never replace her and I just hope there’s place for me in your heart.” Say his wife.

                He does his work in his office and sometimes take a peek at a frame on the table; the picture of him with Unie during their high school day. He just hopes he could meet or see her from far.

                “Boss, you had said that you want to see our new café.” say his PA.

                “Ah, you’re right. Prepare my car.” Say Kota. He decides to visit the new café; Unπ Café. He gives the café name like that to remember his youth time with Unie. He didn’t realize there is a lady who watch him from far and smile to see him visiting the café.

                “You always genki ne, Kota?” ask the girl before leave the place. Kota look around him as he feels someone calling his name but then, he just smile and think it just hallucination to see Unie from the other side of road.