Laugh

Laugh

 

You and Woohyun were sitting on a park bench in complete silence. It wasn't an awkward silence or a silence full of tension, it was actually pretty comfortable. Woohyun had his arm resting on the back of the bench behind you, his arm lightly grazing your shoulder. The two of your ankles that were next to each other were wrapped together and Woohyun swung slowly them under the bench. 

You let out a content sigh and closed your eyes as you rested your head on Woohyun's shoulder. 

"This is pretty peaceful huh?" Woohyun asked you in a soft voice.

"Mmmmm," you nodded your head, eyes still closed.

"Promotions officially wrapped up and we don't have any schedules for the next few weeks," he said as he rested his head on top of yours, "I finally get some time to relax with my girlfriend."

You smiled when you heard those words. It wasn't very often that Woohyun actually got a break from his hectic life as an idol. So hearing that you were going to get to spend some quality time with him was music to your ears. 

The two of you continued to sit there together, not saying another word to each other, just enjoying each other's warmth and company. You probably would have fallen asleep on Woohyun's shoulder if it wasn't for a loud voice that cut through the silence and caused the two of you to spring apart. 

You and Woohyun looked down the path and saw an elderly couple, in their 60s or 70s, coming towards you while bickering quite loudly.

"Look at your shirt!" the women cried.

"What's wrong with my shirt?!" the man yelled back. 

"It's all dirty!" she answered

"No, it's not!" he yelled even louder than before.

"Stop yelling and turn on your hearing aid," she said in a hushed voice as he looked around to see if there were any people in the deserted park. 

"I don't want to!" he said back and turned his head away from her like a little child.

The old women scoffed at his action towards her.

You giggled quietly as you continued to watch the married couple argue. A smile started to form on Woohyun's face as he watched the couple as well, highly entertained by the whole situation.

They continued to argue as they got closer and closer to the bench you and Woohyun were sitting on.

"Why did I marry you?" the old women asked rhetorically, "You're such a child."

Just like the women's words, the old man stuck out his tongue at her and made a teasing noise. 

Instead of scoffing like she did before, the women starting to laugh at the old man's actions. Not a mocking laugh or a frustrated laugh, but a genuine laugh. And soon, the old man was laughing with her. Like that, it seemed the argument was over. You watched the couple in awe, amazed at how quickly they stopped fighting and started laughing together. 

As they walked in front of you and Woohyun you heard the man say something in a soft voice to his wife.

"You love this child," he then lifted up his elbow and the old women hooked her arm through his.

"Yes, I do," she said back to him with a smile as they continued to walk down the path.

Your eyes continued to follow them until a voice broke your daze.

"I hope we're like them," Woohyun said in your ear.

"Huh?" you turned your head towards him, a confused expression on your face.

"In the park, arguing 50 years from now," he said with a smile, looking in the direction that the old couple was walking in. 

"Really?" you laugh, imagining much older versions of Woohyun and yourself.

"And I hope that there's a young couple sitting here on this bench watching us."

"Why do you want us to be like them?" you asked.

"Because what they have is true love," Woohyun said as he looked into you eyes, "I'm pretty sure that they have been together for year, decades even. And did you see how easily he made her laugh? I want to be able to do that too."

"True love isn't easy to come by, oppa," you reminded him.

"Yeah," he nodded, "but I'm sure we have a pretty good shot at having it."

A smile stretched across your face as you saw a determined look in his eyes. 

"How about this?" he continued, "Every time we have an argument that we both know is really dumb, whoever is at 'fault' sticks their tongue out at the other."

You lightly laughed at his proposition, "Okay, deal."

"Can we kiss on it?" Woohyun asked as he smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. 

"No!" you scoffed.

"Why not?!"

"Because that is so greasy!" 

"Aw, come on!"

"No!"

"Please?"

"No!"

Woohyun suddenly stuck his tongue out at you and made the same teasing noise that the old man made towards the old woman. You quickly covered your mouth with your hands as you started to uncontrollably laugh at your boyfriend.

"Wah..." he said in amazement, "That really does work!"

"Yeah, I guess it does," you said after you laughter died down.

"Fine, I guess I'll give you your kiss," you said bitterly.

Woohyun smiled as you reached up to cup his face in your hands and pressed your lips against his.