1.

Competitiveness was never his strong point

It all started last monday.

Kibum came prancing into the school's cafeteria, stopping near a window to readjust his blonde locks before continuing on his way to the table in the middle where Jonghyun and Minho were sat.

"I heard your new target is Lee Jinki." The blonde stated upon arrival, pointing a finger at Jonghyun.

"Why hello to you too Kibum. I see your gossip sources are up to date as usual." Jonghyun chuckled, "I only announced it on my twitter this morning."

"So it's true?" Kibum asked, incredulous.

"What's happening?" Minho looked between his two friends.

"Are you living under a rock? Everyone's been talking about it!" Kibum scoffed at Minho.

"Well, sorry I don't eat and breathe the school's latest gossip like you do, but I was busy trying to plan and lead our school's basketball team into victory mind you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Anyway! Let me, the great Kim Kibum," At this part, the blonde boy haughtily flipped his hair, "fill you in. Our resident idiot here," he nodded to Jonghyun who squeaked out an indignant huff, "decided to be even more of a butthead this morning when he declared that he'll take the school's genius, Lee Jinki's ity."

Jonghyun smirked proudly.

Kibum promptly smacked the oldest of the three across the back of his head.

"Are you freaking crazy!? I know we always joke about you humping anything that moves and all, regardless of gender, human, stuffed animals or otherwise-"

"Hey! I told you I didn't do anything to your teddy! I'm into humans, okay, humans!"

Kibum ignored the older, "but Lee Jinki, really!? Are there some loose screws in that empty head of yours!?"

"What's wrong with Jinki?" The older male pouted.

"Have you met him?"

"I have! He's actually pretty cute, in an awkward kind of way."

"I never said he was ugly," Kibum sighed exasperated, "he's just weird, okay? Like really weird despite being of such high IQ. I sat next to him on the bus once and he was jotting down some lame joke on his forearm and giggling to himself." Kibum shivered at the memory.

"Besides," Kibum continued, "he's the school's prized gem. Unless you want to be blacklisted by every single teacher at this school, I suggest you stay away."

"So, the boy's not really right in the head, who cares? It's not like I'm going to seriously date him. Plus, imagine what a legend I'll be if I, Kim Jonghyun, manage to snag the school's golden boy! Being blacklisted is just a small price to pay in exchange for the whole student body's admiration." The oldest puffed out his chest as if he's just made a speech about world peace.

Kibum rolled his eyes, "seriously Jonghyun-"

The blonde was interrupted by Minho abruptly standing up. Both he and Jonghyun turned to stare quizzically at the tallest of the group, only now remembering that he was also there.

"I've decided." Minho said, tone determined.

The two older boys sent him a wary glance, "decided what?" They both chorused together.

"I've decided to take on this challenge." Minho turned to Jonghyun and smirked, "You prepared to lose?"

Jonghyun returned the smirk, "Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?"

Kibum's eyes widened, they are not serious.

"First one to get Lee Jinki?" Minho held out a hand towards Jonghyun.

The older male firmly shook it, a grin splitting across his face, "normal rules apply."

"You're on."

Kibum groaned, "Not this again! Haven't you both had enough of these stupid competitions!?"