PART 2

Dangerous Stranger

Chapter 2

 

It turned out Choi Seunghyun got Bom pregnant when they were dating and Seunghyun wanted out of the relationship and even suggested that Bom abort the baby. What a complete ?!!!

 

Of course Bom didn’t agree but too much stress from handling everything on her own without anybody to support her for she was too scared to tell even her parents made her miscarriage. It was during that time that I was part of a 2-week summit for future leaders. It was my Father that encouraged me to go and so I went. I thought joining the summit would’ve looked good on my resume, but hearing about Bom’s dilemma when I was away, I realized how stupid that summit was.

 

But Bom said not to worry about it anymore, that it was all in the past and that she now moved on and contented herself into killing Choi Seunghyun inside her brain. I was surprised on how she was able to bounce back after that tragedy but then I realize she is Park Bom.

 

I decided to stop coming in the rooftop because I discern that that place is Big Bang’s lair. Of course I don’t bear any grudges with all the members but I needed to support my best friend. Besides, it’s not like Big Bang have invited me back to hang out with them, I wasn’t expecting anything, especially not now after I rudely talked back their leader.

 

Seungri still hanged around, greeting me every chance he gets. I assume Bom doesn’t hate him for she laughs happily at his jokes as well. I figured Seungri didn’t approve of Seunghyun’s behavior before but because he’s a part of Big Bang he kept still. I learned that Seungri was the one who took Bom to the hospital when she had her miscarriage. He paid everyone to keep quiet about it. And after that he just gives in to everything Bom says. Of course Bom could just request from him to kill his own friend but she is not that heartless.

 

(^__^)

 

“You’re avoiding me.” He greeted as I was closing down my locker.

 

“I had too. It’s dangerous to be around you.” I said walking away.

 

“How typically judgmental for a Park, you are so like Bom. Tell me, she’s been saying all the bad things her ex had done to her and then generalizing all of us men, isn’t she?”

 

“I’m sorry to disappoint, but my cousin isn’t one to tattle tale, and frankly I was not interested to hear any of your activities before or now and even in the near future.

 

“So you’re saying that I, Kwon Jiyong , doesn’t interest you.”

 

“I did not imply anything like that; you are, as a matter of fact, very interesting for me.” I answered truthfully not sure where this conversation will lead. But I sure as hell am liking that impish smile he has on his face right now. “However, as much interesting you are in character, I predict you are as much dangerous for someone as prudent as me.”

 

He laughed that candid laugh again and I was sure that my heart bounced. “You actually dare to call yourself prudent after that thoughtless comment you made the other day.”

 

I smiled, so that comment bugged him. The thought enthuse me.    

 

“I wouldn’t say it was thoughtless. After all, I only patterned what I said to what you said.” I halted right in front of our lab room and then faced him, “Now tell me, how was your dream last night?”

 

I had the satisfaction of watching his face twitched for a second but it immediately turned into a smirk. A dangerous smirk.

 

“Much worse than before,” he said leaning towards me as he trapped my head in between his arms, his hands plastered on the wall behind me. He was too close for comfort but I wasn’t backing down. He stared into my eyes right through my soul, I think, and I stared back. “I was actually hoping you could help me with these…dreams.”

 

I gulped. How was he expecting me to help him? Does he think I prescribe medicine for wet dreams? I held my hands together at my back side, suppressing myself from pushing him back. I had the feeling that if I touched him, I wouldn’t be able to let go.

 

My eyes slowly shut as I inhale his minty breath for his face inclined leisurely near mine and unconsciously I muttered, “Truly, dangerous.”

 

And that was it, his minty breath was replaced with a pleasantly strong odor of a girly perfume and my eyes opened up as I heard her voice, “What did I say about keeping your hands off her?” Bom said, her index finger pushing Jiyong’s forehead away from me.

 

I suddenly felt regretful. Why? I have no idea.

 

“My hands never even touched a strand of her hair. Stop over reacting Bom.” He said nonchalantly as he left us outside the classroom. I caught sight of how he beamed subtly so that only I can see it. It made me beam as well.

 

“Weren’t you there when we talked about how dangerous Kwon Jiyong is?” Bom began her litany and I’m pretty good at shutting her out and that’s what I just did as I began a thinking of my own.

 

Dangerous, I haven’t met the word. I have been avoiding it because Father told me so, so I haven’t had the chance to enjoy its company. I never thought that danger would make me this ecstatic.

 

 

 

(^__^)

 

 

Bom ran around the mall and lost me. I felt stupid for losing her as well. I’m a fully grown lady and chances of me getting lost inside a mall are supposed to be zero. It was my first time getting lost. Back home, the routes I take inside the mall are a routine. I don’t wander around aimlessly but apparently, Bom does. It’s tiring to be with her actually, she’s got a lot of energy when it comes to shopping while I can barely keep up with walking. I enjoy walking, just not inside a building. I prefer the park or a beach, where I can go barefoot.

 

I decided to seat on a nearby bench to rest. Both my wallet and phone (both provided by Bom for I can’t possibly own such luxury after I ran away) were inside Bom’s bag as I prefer not to bring one. I hope she realize sooner that we’re not together but remembering how engross she was with all the sparkly clothes on display I might as well expect a few hours.

 

As I observe people walking around the mall, I felt a familiar presence. I look around and my eyes caught blondie surrounded by a parade of girls. Two were clinging closely on both of his arms, the others I see with the rest of Big Bang. I can’t help but follow him with my gaze, actually my eyes were glued unto the two pretty girls that were holding his arms, and envy seeped through me. I wonder how strong those arms were. I quickly shook the thought out of my mind.

 

They suddenly went to a stop. I watch as they look so devotedly at him in confusion while he was looking back at my direction. It was then that I realize that we were gawking at each other. I look away, embarrass that he caught me smiling while watching him.

 

“Hey, y.” He suddenly was beside me. I’m surprisingly glad that he came for me.

 

I sighed. Was he talking to me tough, extra small white Tee, faded jeans, a pair of Chuck Taylor, and a baseball cap? I don’t think I’m looking y at all. He on the other hand, though affably clothed, was a million times ier than thosehalf- male models that I saw on many of Bom’s glossy magazines. What is he doing here looking hot like this? I don’t think the mall’s air-conditioning unit would last at his presence. Ridiculous, I know.

 

I smiled at him as I look for the other members, hoping that I could at least greet my friend, Seungri. But they were nowhere around.

 

“So,” he began, though I wasn’t looking I can feel his gaze penetrating my being. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Visiting a mall.” That isn’t part of my family’s property; I wanted to add but decided to keep it plain.

 

“Are you alone? Now, where could Bom be? Or are you with a boy? A date, perhaps.” He started bombarding me with questions that is clearly none of his business.

 

I return his gaze not even bothering to answer his questions, not that I don’t want to; it’s more like I don’t have to.

 

“Can you treat me to ice cream?” I asked. I’ve never had ice cream ever. My mother told me when I was young that such cold food could give me diarrhea. Of course I realize that’s not the case, she was just in a bad mood during the time that I asked her to buy me one but still I never dared to touch even a cone.

 

I asked Bom to buy one for us to share the other day, but she said ice cream make girls’ fat. I understand that Bom is eternally on a diet so I didn’t press on.

 

I saw the shock on his face when he processed my question and then he showed me his trademark smirk. “I can buy you ice cream if you spend the whole day with me.” He said.

 

“Isn’t that a little bit too much for just a cone of ice cream?”

 

“Well, you can ask for a few things more on the course of our date.”

 

I only ask for ice cream and I got this man-candy as well. If not diarrhea I’ll surely get cavities.

 

I nodded and said, “Don’t tell Bom about this though. She doesn’t like you.”

 

“Your man-hater cousin doesn’t like anybody that doesn’t bend on their knees for her.” He stated as he stood up and guided me out of the mall and into his car.

 

Inside, I saw a baseball cap lying on the dashboard. I had him wore it after he got seated and said, “Look, we match,” as I point at my own cap and we both smiled.

 

(^__^)

 

I’ve never been on a date before but I’m aware that it usually composes of a movie or amusement parks or talking over coffee. This however is not what I expected.

 

I stared at him blankly as he grinned back while people strapped us ready for bungee jump.

 

“I always wanted to do this but I got no one to do it with.” So I became a transitory dupe just because I asked him for ice cream.

 

“You look pale.” He said casually.

 

“No , Sherlock.” I’m not really one to curse (except at Bom) but the situation calls for it.

 

“Don’t worry,” he continued consoling me, “We’ll jump together. You can hold on me tightly.” As if that would make things any better. I’m not exactly afraid of heights but seriously I don’t know anyone that would be willing to fall down hundreds of feet. What would anyone gain from such dangerous activity?

 

As we stand on the platform, I reached for his back and locked my arms around him tightly together. I try not to get distracted by his manly scent assaulting my nose and just concentrated on crushing his bones.

 

“Hey, look at me.” He nudged.

 

“Think of this as freeing yourself from all your doubts and worries.” He said as I look at him. “Freedom constitutes happiness. Everybody deserves happiness. Trust me with this.”

 

This person. How can he not know me yet see right through me. “Who says I’m not happy?” I denied. “And for the record, I don’t intend to trust dangerous people.” With that being said, I pushed us and let ourselves fall.

 

(^__^)

 

Well that went well, and it felt good. I feel great. I never shouted like that ever in my life. He was right; I freed myself once and felt a little bit happy.

 

I remember when I was young and wanted to try the monkey bars. I saw how the other kids fall and bruised themselves yet grinned at each other foolishly. How they seemed so cheerful. My mother however didn’t even let me go near those bars. She doesn’t want her only daughter hurt herself. And so, I contented myself with the swings, pushed it as slowly as possible. Thankful that at least she lets me goes out of the house.

 

“A penny for your thoughts?” I looked up and saw Jiyong holding up two large cups of ice creams.

 

“I’ll take the ice cream, instead.” I said but kept my thoughts to myself.

 

I stared at the chocolate-colored substance as I prepare myself to take a bite. It looks pretty I’m afraid I’ll ruin it. Jiyong started guzzling his share, he seemed to enjoy it and I enjoy watching him.

 

“Like what you’re seeing?” he said staring straight ahead.

I looked away embarrassed. Unconsciously, I took a spoonful of the ice cream and amazed that it tasted good. Better than I imagined. I swallowed it directly so I can take another bite but experienced a shot of pain bolted into the front-left side of my brain. Brain-freeze.

 

I heard Jiyong chuckled beside me as I held my head still. I’m glad my agony brings him joy, this drat.

 

(^__^)

 

Our next stop was another something I wasn’t expecting. Having lived in Japan all my life, not to mention being half-Japanese, I’m likely to eat raw foods like it’s a habit. That is not true on my case.

 

I was 7 years old when Dad held a private party for his sister-in-law, whom I adored, God bless her soul.She loved everything seafood, especially Ikizukuri. We had fun watching as the hired-chef showed off his spectacle skills. The food served was great until I reached out for the attractively displayed squid kebab. Everything went downhill from the moment the squid reached my throat.

 

I was hospitalized for a week, allergic reactions to squid. I was banned from eating squid from then on and for my own safety, I was prohibited from eating anything that lived underwater too.

 

I gulped down as I stared at the meal before me. Not because it’s tempting but because it’s…still moving.

 

“Did I mention I’m allergic to squid.” I said not wanting to sound rude at my creditor. He just looked at me blankly.

 

“But this is octopus,” he said.

 

I knew that but I haven’t had seafood since that fateful event, I don’t want to drop-dead in front of him. That’s weak.

 

“Aren’t they related?” I tried to bail out.

 

“By cousins, thrice removed.” He said. I smiled at his humor. ‘Sannakji’ – this poor octopus that was cut down while it’s still alive now squirms in my plate.

 

“After this one, let’s try eating one whole baby octopus.” He said enthusiastically. His energy is stimulating mine. It’s infectious and it makes me feel relieved somehow that I didn’t notice the sannakji is already in my throat, its suction cups stick on while they attempt to climb their way back.

 

Jiyong and I stared at each other and I knew that he’s experiencing the same thing as I do. I know it’s not supposed to be funny but seeing his struggling face makes me feel superior, though I know I look exactly the same but whatever. This is his idea, he should be braver.

 

We both sighed in relief as natural acid from our body drown the octopus to our stomach. And we both laugh at what happened. But our laughter died down quickly when we realize that we are holding each other’s hands under the table. Probably unconsciously held it for support for our dilemma earlier.  Awkwardness quickly replaced the atmosphere as we sat there silently; avoiding each other stares while still holding hands.

 

(^__^)

 

“Where have you been, young lady?” Bom asked the minute I enter their manor’s guest receiving chamber. “I was this close to calling the SWAT team,” she said holding her thumb and index closely. “Good thing I bumped into Seungri earlier at the mall and he told me you were probably with Kwon Jiyong or else all your attempts into hiding would go onto the drainage.”

 

Thank God for Seungri. If Bom called out a search team for me, my Father would know about it since he’s friends with probably all of Asia’s Generals. I ought to give Seungri something.

 

“I told you to stay away from him.” Bom declared as I threw myself into the couch she’s currently sitting.

 

“He’s not that bad.” I simply said.

 

It’s true. I didn’t find anything wrong with him the entire day we were together. He was surprisingly a gentleman. Though he’s choice of dating places are out of the ordinary, I found myself enjoying. It’s his company that I enjoyed the most. Not to mention his hands that never let mine go ever since our fingers intertwined.

 

“Do you like him?” Bom suddenly asked.

 

I looked at her as I think of an answer. I like Jiyong’s company, yes. But I knew Bom wanted to hear a different kind of like. Is it possible to like someone given a short period of time? I barely knew the boy and to be asked if I like him to that level is kind of haste. He’s practically a stranger. A dangerous one if Bom would put it.

 

“He’s not that bad.” I said for the second time as I make my way to my room glad that Bom drop it.

 

I lay in my bed with an arm draped over my eyes as thoughts of him swallowed me.

 

Kwon Jiyong. Will you please get out of my head?

 

 

 

 

..............

good evening...

this is part 2 of Dangerous Stranger

i hope you'll enjoy reading it...

comments are very much welcomed.