three.

Misunderstood

 

 

Namjoo came back to their dorm at exactly 5:50 am, with the biggest smile ever. It gave Chorong the creep especially Hayoung. She was holding two plastic bags and gave the other one to Chorong. “That’s the chicken that Naeun unnie asked me to buy.” She said to the leader, the creepy smile still not leaving . It was so creepy because her eyes were smiling wide yet her eyes were showing no emotion.

Chorong, with slightly shaking hands, took the plastic bag. Namjoo chuckled, still not breaking eye contact with Chorong which is creeping her out. “You’re acting as if you’re conversing with a ghost. I’m alive, okay?” Namjoo patted her unnie’s shoulder and went in to her room. As soon as she closed the door of her room, she whispered, “But Bomi’s not.”

 

“What’s with Namjoo today?” Chorong sat down as soon as she finished arranging the chicken inside their fridge. “She’s really… scary.” Hayoung whispered, careful to not let Namjoo hear it. Their leader nodded in agreement. “I think we better go to the practice room and see if Naeun and Bomi mastered the new choreography.” With that, the two rose up from their seats and left their dorm.

On their way, Hayoung can’t help but to be bothered. She was feeling something strange… very strange that it kept bothering her. “U-Unnie, I think we need to go to the practice room faster.” Hayoung held Chorong’s wrist and ran as fast as they can. “Y-Yah! H-Hayoung-ah!”

Apink’s leader and maknae found two bodies lying on the floor. One was Naeun and the other was Bomi’s. Hayoung covered her nose and mouth from shock and ugly smell. Bomi’s body has stared decaying and it smelled really bad. Chorong fell on her knees with tears falling from her eyes. “B-Bomi-ah…” She called out for her but there was no response. Chorong’s hand formed into a fist ‘cause of anger and sadness. She closed her eyes and pursed her lips, enduring the pain she’s currently experiencing. After a few seconds, she opened her eyes and looked at Naeun. Could it be that Naeun’s dead as well?

Chorong, still on her knees, crawled to Naeun near Bomi’s corpse. She shook Naeun and felt the younger girl’s steady breathing. “Naeun’s still alive! She’s just unconscious!” Chorong looked at Hayoung and asked her to come and help her carry Naeun.

 

Naeun’s newly-opened eyes slowly adjusted to the light as she rose up from the bed. She stretched her limbs and looked at Chorong who was staring at her with swollen and tired eyes. “Naeun unnie…” Hayoung sat down next to her on her bed and held her hand. “Are you alright?” Their maknae asked with her big doe eyes. Naeun blinked at her and slowly nodded.

She was trying to process everything that was happening. What did exactly happen that made Chorong’s eyes look like that? What is she doing here when she knows that she fainted after seeing- “Where is Bomi unnie?” Naeun looked at Chorong, Hayoung then, Namjoo. Naeun’s eyes widen at her sight. There was something off with Namjoo that made the hairs of the back of her neck stand up.

Namjoo looks innocent maybe, too innocent which is why it’s so suspicious. Naeun stared at her for a long time. She recalled what she saw earlier.

 

Naeun was on the way to the practice room. She didn’t hear any music booming from the inside so she was suspicious. “Maybe Bomi unnie is already done mastering it?” She asked herself. Naeun heard the knob of the practice room click. Apink’s visual smirked and thought of surprising her unnie so she hid. She expected to see Bomi but she didn’t show up instead, it was Namjoo. ‘I thought she went to the mart?’ Her eyebrows furrowed. She soon realized that Namjoo’s covered with blood though the latter doesn’t have any severe wounds. It was more suspicious when she saw blood splatter on her shirt.

As soon as Namjoo’s out of sight, Naeun went out of her hiding place and went in. There, she saw Bomi’s head… crushed. Her blood was surrounding her. Their center, then, fainted.

 

Suddenly, the side of Namjoo’s mouth curved upwards.

 

Naeun was left in their room together with their maknae. She looked at Hayoung with pitiful eyes. “H-Hayoung-ah… We need to leave right now.” She pleaded her. Hayoung looked at Naeun with furrowed eyebrows.

Slightly scared, she held her unnie’s shoulders and tried to calm her down. “Naeun unnie, don’t worry. We’ll be fine here. You just kept on stressing out yourself. Why don’t you go and get some fresh air. It’s kind of stuffy in here anyways.” She smiled at Naeun.

Naeun exhaled and showed her small smile. “You’re right. I’m just being paranoid.” With that, she left their room and went to the rooftop to breathe in some fresh air.

8:29 pm

“Namjoo didn’t really kill Bomi unnie. Aigoo Naeun~ Why do you kept on jumping to conclusions?” She laughed at herself, trying to take her worry and fright away. She hit and made herself think that everything’s okay, when it’s actually not.

Someone clapped from her behind. With a scared expression, she turned around. Naeun stared at Namjoo whose smile was equal to ten thousand watts.

“My unnies are so smart! They can figure out things so easily.” Namjoo sat at the bench near the exit of the rooftop. She crossed her legs casually and rested her back. Her smile turned into a scowl. “How did you found out?” Naeun was beyond shocked. Her usually happy-go-lucky dongsaeng who rarely shows her dark side is actually the one who killed Bomi… or maybe even the others?

“I-I saw you go outside the room with blood splatters…” She trailed off. “Are you going to kill me too?” Naeun bit her trembling bottom lip. Namjoo stood up from her seat and began walking towards her still with her pokerface on.

“Of course.” Namjoo clenched her knuckles, ready to charge Naeun with her knife. But then, Namjoo stopped walking to her. She tilted her head and asked, “Don’t even try to run away from me. Hayoung and Chorong are already sleeping. Don’t even dare to scream for help. You’ll still end up in the morgue.”

Naeun still doesn’t want to die. She still wants to have a family and work as a preschool teacher. She’s still young and most of all, she doesn’t deserve this!

Naeun swallowed hard and ran as fast as she can to the exit. Unluckily for her, the door was locked and Namjoo is one of the fastest runners in Apink.

She punched her unnie across the face. Naeun fell to the ground with a bleeding cheek. The latter placed her in between her legs so she can’t move. Slowly, she slashed Naeun’s neck with the knife. She wanted her to feel the pain. She wanted her to die slowly.

Naeun’s breaths came out critically. The knife almost slashed her carotid. Half conscious, she struggled under Namjoo. ‘I can’t still survive. I can’t let her win. She needs to stop.’ Her courageous thought made her fight back. Naeun pinched Namjoo’s thigh with her long nails. She managed to get away from her but Namjoo pushed her to the edge of the rooftop.

 

9:17 pm – Son Naeun - Dead

 

Namjoo smirked at the sight of Naeun at the top of the car with broken glass surrounding her. Her head was bleeding and her neck as well. She looked at all the people that stared at Naeun's corpse. "Rest in peace, my lovely unnie." She disappeared before anyone saw her.

 

lame, i know. i'm so sorry. anyways, i appreciate comments & suggestions c: