One

Technical Difficulties

 

 

This was ridiculous.

Donghae stared blankly at his computer. From the outside, he looked apathetic, cold, stony. On the inside, he was screaming swear word and swear word at his work and at his useless computer. His useless computer that just decided to delete hours—hours of work. Hours! It was late. Three in the morning late. All he wanted was sleep, but no. He wouldn’t be sleeping tonight. He wouldn’t be in bed with his sweet boyfriend Kyuhyun tonight. Technical difficulties. Curses.

He would have screamed. Really, he would have. But he knew Kyuhyun was exhausted from his own work and was sound asleep right now. He didn’t want to wake up the younger man. He needed his rest. They both did. So with a resigned sigh, Donghae begrudgingly started to redo all of his work. Work that he had done hours ago.

As he typed and typed, he got lost into his work and did not notice someone opening the door and shuffling over towards him. Only when a warm body nudged its way to his lap did Donghae snap out of his intense focus. It was Kyuhyun, of course, who was now looking up at Donghae with the most adorable, sleepiest expression ever.

“Hyung,”

Donghae felt his heart melt. It was rare for the younger to call him that. Kyuhyun only used the word when he was feeling cute, which was rare, or when he was half asleep, as he was now.

“Why are you up, Kyu baby? Couldn’t sleep?” Donghae asked, pressing a soft kiss on top of his lover’s head. Kyuhyun let out a yawn and lazily kissed Donghae back on his chin.

“I woke up and you weren’t there.”

The older smiled and couldn’t get over how cute his boyfriend was being. However, he was reminded once more of his work and sighed. “My computer suddenly restarted itself. Piece of . I lost all the work I did and now I have to start over. Sorry baby. I don’t think I’ll be going to bed tonight.”

Kyuhyun let out a grunt, obviously displeased. Work had been busy for both of them lately. They barely got to see each other this week! But he knew it wasn’t Donghae’s fault. Not that he could ever get mad at him.

“Can I just stay here like this then? Just for a few minutes?” Kyuhyun asked, playing with the top button of Donghae’s shirt. The man hadn’t even gotten the chance to change out of his work clothes.

Donghae chuckled. “Of course you can, Kyuhyun. I could use a break, too.”

And so, the two stayed on the chair and exchanged soft kisses with each other. Donghae Kyuhyun’s hair knowing that the latter loved it when he did that. Kyuhyun let out a content hum and nuzzled his face into Donghae’s neck, inhaling his scent. He could stay like this forever, with Donghae’s fingers in his hair along with his sweet, random kisses. However, Kyuhyun could feel himself growing more and more drowsier as the seconds ticked past.

“I love you, hyung.” Kyuhyun mumbled right before he fell asleep. Donghae felt a warm feeling spread through his body and cherished the moment for a few more minutes before getting up to put Kyuhyun back in bed. As he laid Kyuhyun down, the latter awoke, but kept his eyes closed, and mumbled out, “Sorry I wasted your time..”

Donghae shook his head, even though he knew Kyuhyun couldn’t see. “Don’t apologize, Kyu. It’s alright. I needed a break, anyway.” He kissed Kyuhyun softly on the lips. “Go back to sleep okay? I love you.”

“Love you more..”

Donghae laughed softly and gave Kyuhyun a final kiss before exiting the bedroom and heading towards his study. He sighed once again as he realized he’d have to go back to work. In the time he was away from his computer, it had fallen asleep. He clicked the mouse and typed in his password and was brought to his desktop. What he saw made a flicker of hope light in him.

On his desktop was a file called “Recovered File.” In anticipation, Donghae clicked on it and almost let out a victory cry when he saw its contents. His work. His work! All his work! Saved on this glorious file. His computer wasn’t a piece of after all. He couldn’t stop grinning as he carefully resaved his work and double checked on everything before turning off his computer in triumph. He could go back to Kyuhyun.

Donghae snuck into the bedroom and changed his clothes as quietly as he could. He had washed up in the guest room so the sound of running water would not wake his sleeping boyfriend. He crawled into bed and snuggled into Kyuhyun’s back, intertwining their legs. Immediately, Kyuhyun turned around and moved closer to Donghae, still asleep.

If Kyuhyun hadn’t woken up and come into the study, Donghae would not have taken a break. His computer would not have fallen asleep. He would not have seen the recovered file until after he was finished retyping everything. Thank god for Kyuhyun. Donghae silently thanked his boyfriend in his head and gave him a light kiss on the forehead before his eyes fluttered shut. Sleep, finally.

Kyuhyun made everything better.