I guess it's time to move on...

You Promise Me Forever.... [oneshot]

Him. The one who made me happy. My world revolves around him, even now that he's gone.

 

I met him one sunny afternoon. I was sitting on the far end of a bench at the nearby park, just looking around, eating my favorite strawberry ice cream. Then suddenly, a man wearing a black shirt, jeans, and wearing a headphone, listening to rock music sat at the other end of the bench. I was intrigued by him; by the way he carry himself. He has this aura of confidence around him. And I must admit that he's really handsome.

 

His music was loud, and even though he's wearing headphones, I can still hear the rock music. Then suddenly, I couldn't hear the music anymore. He started humming a familiar song. It was 'Stop and Stare' by OneRepublic.

 

"Stop and stare.....," I heard myself murmured. He suddenly turned around and looked at me.

 

"You like OneRepublic?" he asked.

 

"Yeah, they're one of my favorites," I told him.

 

Then we started talking about OneRepublic and other american songs. I didn't even notice that 5 hours has passed and it was already dark.

 

"It's already eight, I better get going," I told him.

 

"Yeah, me too. Ah, wait, we've been talking for five hours but I forgot to ask for your name. What's your name?" he asked.

 

"Sandara. Sandara Park. You?"

 

"Il Woo, Jung Il Woo. I'll see you around then Sandara."

 

"See you around Il Woo," I said, then we parted ways.

 

A week has passed after that incident, but I haven't seen him around. But I was fascinated by him. And I felt that I really want to meet him again.

 

It was 3:00 pm, and I was sitting on the same bench where I met him.

 

Then suddenly, he appeared.

 

"Hey Sandara."

 

"Hey Il Woo." I was very glad to meet him again.

 

We talked about everything and anything under the sun.

 

We met at the same time at the same place every Sunday.

 

I was looking forward to every Sunday because I can meet him.

 

Eventually, he asked me out, and we dated for three years before he asked me to marry him.

 

Of course I said yes. I love him and I know that he loved me too.

 

After I say yes, he stood up and hugged me. "Sandara, I promise you, I'll make you the happiest woman on earth, just how like you made me happy tonight, when you said yes. I promise you forever," he said.

 

"I am already the happiest woman on earth, because you asked me to marry you," I told him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You promised me forever. But you left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was our engagement party. Everybody we loved was there. Family and friends of ours was there to celebrate with us.

 

"Oh, I forgot my phone in the car. I'll be right back," he told me and kissed my cheek.

 

Ten minutes passed and he wasn't back. I was worried so I excused myself to check on him.

 

And I got the shock of my life. My Il Woo, on the road, with blood all over him.

 

"Help!" I screamed with all my might. I went to him and lift his head, laying it on my lap.

 

"No, Il Woo. You're going to be alright. Hang on."

 

"He opened his eyes and looked it on mine. "Sandara, always remember that I love you. No matter what."

 

He closed his eyes. "NO! Il Woo!"

 

The ambulance came, but it was too late. It was hit and ran.

 

He was gone, and now I'm alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A year has passed. I haven't visited the park ever since then. It was too painful. But today, on the day we were supposed to get married, I decided to visit the park.

 

I sat on our bench. I saw the carving 'Il Woo ♥ Sandara Forever' carved on the bench that we carved on our first year anniversary.

 

I didn't even realized that I was crying, until a man offered me a handkerchief.

 

"Miss, are you okay?"

 

I was speechless. The man, wearing a black shirt, jeans and wearing headphone was standing in front of me.

 

I took the handkerchief he offered. "Yes, I'm fine. And thanks," I said.

 

"Can I sit here?" he asked.

 

"Yeah, sure."

 

He sat down and looked at the children playing. Then he started to hum the song 'Stop and Stare' by OneRepublic.

 

"Stop and stare......."

 

He looked to me and asked, "You like OneRepublic?"

 

It was like a déjà vu to me.

 

Maybe it was a sign from him, that it was time to move on.

 

"Yeah, I like them."

 

"Me too. I'm Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong. And you are?" He offered his hand for a handshake.

 

"I'm Sandara. Sandara Park."

 

Maybe it was just my imagination, but I think I saw Il Woo, smiling, and sitting on a branch of a tree not far from our bench.

 

"You'll always be in my heart Il Woo. But I guess it's time to move on," I thought.