Wedding Dress

Wedding Dress

 

He buttoned up his white shirt one by one in front of the mirror. Then he move on buttoning both of his cuffs. He need to look so neat and tidy for this big day. The nest thing he up to is to tied his necktie. His favourite necktie of all. He might have the world famous brand necktie that he bought form the overseas and such but he could never pick any other necktie on his special days like today. The special necktie that he get as his birthday present.

“Tell me what do you want for your birthday? I will buy you anything. You pick anything that available in this mall, ppali!” Victoria urges him in the one of the biggest mall in New York.

They just finished their SMTown concert tour on his borthday and having some time to spend around the mall. All the SMTown family just celebrates his birthday on the stage at the end of the concert together with all the fans singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to him.

“I don’t know Vic. It should be you surprised me with something. Ughh, you’re not fun at all. Ppali! I wanna get back to the hotel and sleep.”

He never had an idea to go shopping around the mall as he feel so tired. He just had his sleep on the plane on the way from Korea to New York. When he arrived, they immediately bring him to the concert hall to practice, sound check and such. He can consider himself still having jetlag but still, it’s his job as entertainer. Fans comes first. But yet, his bestfriend forcing him to accompany her to shopping with reason to get him his birthday present. To atleast appreciate her intentions to get him something on his birthday, he agreed to accompany her.

“Ahh, come on~ Perfume? New shirt? Jacket? Watch? Toys?”

“Toys?! You think I am 5 years old? Come on Vic, I am a grown up man, MAN.” He emphasized that word with rolling his eyes.

“If you’re not going to tell me what you want, I am going to buy you something very cliché.”

“I don’t mind at all. Let’s see how cliché enough your present will be..” He said folding his arms together.

“Okay, wait here!”

And there she goes leaving him there. She came back after half an hour with a designer’s paper bad in her hand and with her beautiful smile forming on her face. She passed him the paper bag and dragged him away from the mall. She told him to open the present at his hotel room and told him to get his sleep first. He don’t know why but he follows everything she told him. He get back to his room, have some sleep and later when he woke up, he unwrap his present. Just like an idiot, he cant stop smiling looking at her ‘cliché’ present.

 He put his fitted tailored custom made blazer on and buttoned up the blazer. He adjust his necktie properly then. He look at himself in the mirror and fixed his brown hair. After feeling satisfied with his best look for this special day, he grabbed his coat and put it on. With his shining dress shoes, now he feel that his look for the day is completed. Not forgetting his music notebook, he left the house to the occasion venue.

He arrived at the church. Even from the outside, the church was nicely decorated according to her taste. He saw some of people that he recognized. He greeted them. Some of them are their managers, stylist, hairdresser that use to work together with them since they debuted. There were some photographers and cameraman that he knows from certain newspaper and TV. He enters the church. The isle, the altar were decorated with her favourite flowers and ribbons. He grinned to himself remembering her fantasies that she would have told her about her wedding day and it finally comes true for her. He saw some of his hyung and other friends from other band. As far as he can see, all the SMTown family were there. From Kangta hyung to the youngest Exo. Ofcourse they would come. The biggest day in SMTown family. Two idols from the same company finally become one on this day.

He walks again finding her waiting room and saw her around her bandmates that excitedly waiting with her. He saw her in that wedding dress. She is so beautiful. Even beautiful that what he had imagine. That wedding dress makes her even more goddess than the way her fan gives her nickname that was; Goddess Victoria. His heart flutters seeing her gorgeously in that stunning dress. She might be not the miss universe but she is the most beautiful woman he has ever met. Victoria saw him. She excitedly come near to him but with careful with her wedding dress.

“Hey.. Ive been waiting for you.”

“Why would you wait for me anymore Vic? You will married him in just a few minutes.” He said.

Thinking that he is usually with his sharp tongue, Victoria smiles at him.

“I am nervous.” She said.

“You shouldn’t be..Anyway, congratulations on your wedding, Victoria.” He faked a smile.

Instead of saying congratulations, how he wished he will be the one who nervous along with Victoria. How he wish he is the one who will be saying “I do” later on. But no, he will never have that chance anymore. In fact, he have that chance months before but it fly away when his most bestfriend suddenly confessed to Victoria before he know he would. And Victoria who was surprised since she never thought that these 7 years of friendship will make her end up marrying one of her bestfriend. Her bestfriend through thick and thin. Three of us come from different group, debuted in different years, not spending our trainee days together but we end up being bestfriend that supports each other. Even now F(x), DBSK and Super Junior have only become legend as Shinhwa, H.O.T, Fin.KL and others, they are still bestfriend. He who have keep his feelings all this time finally have courage to confess to Victoria after years but turn down when he other bestfriend who he never thought would suddenly have the same idea like him confessed first to Victoria. He knows, if he was faster even by a minute, he would be the one who his name is on the invitation card not as on the guest list.

Everyone took their seats now with an anticipating look. He saw his best bestfriend on the altar waiting for Victoria. A split second in his mind appeared imagining that how he will look like if the groom was him but no, he is just here today as the bride and groom bestfriend who will be performing on their wedding day. He took his seat on the piano chair. He set up his music sheet. How he has practice hard past few months. He rejected his bestfriend’s request before but Victoria was begging him to perform then he finally agreed. Everyone knows his piano skill wasn’t as good as his hyungs but he has tried his best just to fulfill the request from someone that he love.

He started to play the piano as he saw the most beautiful woman in his heart starts walking on the isle. With a bouquet of flower in her hand and with her one had encircling around her father hand, how he wish he can stop all this and grab that hand so that it will be his forever but it is too late. While he keep playing the piano, his eyes can stop looking at Victoria. She finally reach the altar. Her father passed her hand towards the groom. In that moment, he still imagining that it was him who catch Victoria’s hand instead of him.

As soon as they both said ‘I Do’ he feel like torn to pieces but he keep that to himself. This is their big day he cant ruined everything. They are his bestfriend. The whole wide world know their loyal friendship. ChangKyuToria. A nickname for their trio. How he wish that it was him. But a wish sometime will never comes true. He starts playing a song to sing with the piano. Victoria told him, any song that he sing will be beautiful. She said that but still with *p/s down the footnote. ‘But it must be either Super Junior, F(x) or DBSK song.’ He thought that he would end up singing Wedding Dress by Taeyang if she didn’t wrote that. He remembered how he cant stop smiling reading that. But now, he cant even fake a smile. He look at them who is standing on the altar while the press and reporters are taking their pictures.

‘We met for We met for seven years

No one knew we would say goodbye this easily

However we still separated

With the memories we built for a long time, now gone

 

How did we at such a young age

Meet each other, I don’t even remember how

Difficult for us to handle the maps of our changing selves

They said saying goodbyes are painful

But I didn’t even have time to feel that

I just thought this is the way staying composed

But I cried

Time passed it gave me a simple yearning

Different from what my mind was seeing

At first friends then next as lovers

We said we’d stay as friends even if we separated

During those 3 years spent alone

We contacted each other sometimes

Even if I met someone else again

Even I loved again

Whenever I was sad I would call you without a word just tears falling

You have to meet a good person

I thought in my heart without any words

I asked if you still liked me without any thought hoping you say it back

“I’m getting married” is what you said to me

After that for a long time I was speechless

Then I cried they were your last words to me

For the only words I wanted to hear was that you loved me

 

He sing that song, ‘7 years of love’ for atleast she would know how he feel actually for the last time. He don’t know either she understand or not but atleast he have let go what he has feel towards her. As soon as the last key he played, he cant hold it longer. He end it and stands up. While everyone else are busy congratulates the new couple, and taking pictures with them,  he leave the hall secretly with his feelings. He was outside the hall. He look up to the sky to hold his tears but he cant. Tears slowly running down his cheeks. He never truly love a girl like this, why it always end up like this? His first sight love also ends before it could starts and now, the girl that he have love for years also end up with someone else. Not someone else but his own bestfriend. How could he being evil towards his own bestfriend? So he decided to just keep to himself whatever he feels and wish them the best with their married life. He wipe his tears as he knows people will step outside the hall soon. He will be an idiot if anyone caught him standing and crying like this.

Someone tapped him from behind. He turned around. The newly weds with a bright smiles on their face were facing him now. Both were linking hands like they should and looking so happy. Of course.

“Hey, thankyou.. Such a beautiful song. You know how I always love that song.” Victoria thanked him and cant stop smiling.

“Anything for you Victoria..” He paused. “My best friend. Congratulations on your wedding.” He said.

“Hey, what about me?” His bestfriend gives him a friendly punch at his arm.

“Ofcourse you too.” He hugged his bestfriend with a fake smile. “Congratulations, Changmin.” Kyuhyun said holding back his tears.


Thankyou for reading guys! Spend your time to check my other fics! *click on the picture*