Loved at first sight

Love or be loved?

Have you ever felt that breathless feeling when you just merely look at someone? Well that was how Lyn felt when she saw him walked into the room. “What’s his name?” she asked her best friend, JiEun, couldn’t take her eyes off him. “Oh that guy?” JiEun asked then replied immediately when she saw her nodded, “He’s Himchan, just a year older than us. Why? Someone is interested in him?” Lyn turned and pushed JiEun lightly then looked away, not wanting her flushed face from embarrassment to be shown. Just then, one of the teacher announced, “We have 5 candidates for our lovely punishment tonight!” Both of them looked up and to their surprised, Himchan was there, standing right in front of them with his hands ruffling his obviously gelled hair. Lyn could feel her heart skipped a beat when she accidentally made an eye contact with him. “What is this feeling I’m feeling?!?” she asked herself as she looked up and caught him smiling gently at her then looked away.

She was supposed to be at her church kids camp as a facilitator and there she was falling head over heels for a guy whom she just saw for the first time in her entire life! What were the odds? But can you blame her? He was perfect description of perfection. “Hey, Lyn right?” she turned when she heard someone called her name. To her surprise, it was Himchan. He told her that he was one of the facilitators of her group and since she was the leader, the teacher asked him to report to her. was blocked by a gigantic ball of nerves. All she could do was to nod, smile and say “Thanks,” to him. Just when she wanted to talk to him more, her brother appeared and Himchan made his way to him. “Yongguk!” Himchan exclaimed as they exchanged some strange handshake.

She sat in front of them listening to their conversation. Well not really the content but she was just listening to his voice. “Could he be anymore perfect?” she asked herself as she thought about him. His perfect sharp eyes that always give out those beautiful yet intense stares that could get anyone hooked like a drug. His husky voice that was heard softly behind her, escaped his perfectly soft lips effortlessly. And of course that perfect dorky laughter that makes her heart skipped a beat every time she heard it. He was just perfect, in fact, too perfect.

While everyone was making their ways to the canteen for supper, Yongguk caught up with Lyn, pulled her aside and asked her, “Are you... interested in Himchan?” Even though his question was asked in a very gentle way, it was so sharp that could actually knock you off her feet. She stuttered before muttered out a soft yes as the answer. “Well don’t!!” Yongguk snapped, “Just don’t get involve with a guy like him!!” before walking off to join his group of friends that was included Himchan. “What is his big deal?!?” Lyn shouted in her head as she thought it was unfair that Yongguk was able to hang out with Himchan but her. She stormed back to her room without eating supper. She was screaming into the pillow in her room until someone knocked the door.

“Yo!” it was Himchan, “You’re ok?” Lyn jumped off the bed immediately and tucked at her hair and clothes quickly before opening the door telling him she was fine. “Mr D asked me why weren’t you at the canteen so I thought I’ll make a visit,” then he gave her a little smirk that sent chills down her spine and caused her knees to be numb. “Do you mind?” he asked casually as he looked into her room. “Oh yeah sure! Sorry I’m just a little tired,” she laughed her nerves off and invited him in before closing the door behind her. Even though Yongguk’s warning was flashing in her mind receptively, she ignored it and walked towards him.

She felt really weird having the guy whom she thought it was impossible to get his attention there in her room alone with her. Worse still, they were sitting opposite each other with their knees a couple of centimeters apart. She could feel his heat just like that and it made her mind went wild. “So tell me something bout you,” Himchan suggested with a smile, the smile. She told him just really normal things like her school, age and hobbies. “Wow!” he exclaimed suddenly, “You like dance too?!? That’s so cool! We should really get down and dance together sometime!” They were too engaged in their conversation to notice the footsteps that were heading towards the room. JiEun opened the door and asked the two of them to join the rest in the hall. Before Lyn could exit the room, JiEun shot a naughty wink at her and pushed her playfully causing her to pump into Himchan. The three of you entered the hall and joined the rest with some activities.

After everything that first night of camp and before Lyn could return to her room for some rest, she saw Himchan out at the balcony leaning against the concrete wall. She wondered why would he be out there so late when everyone was racing to get back to their room for some sleep. However before she could turn her heels and head towards the door dividing the balcony from the hallway, JiEun caught up with Lyn and pulled her in their room so Lyn could tell JiEun what had happened just now. Thinking that he was probable just taking in some fresh air after a long night of taking care of the kids, Lyn told Jieun what happened and went to sleep with a wide smile on her face looking forwards to the next day for some more contact with that perfection she just discovered.