we meet again

Severely

 

Kim Ryeowook – a rising prodigy pianist died at an accident…

 

 

The headlines written in big bold black letters caught Kyuhyun’s attention as he passed a newspaper stand. Memories of the man named came flashing back inside his mind as he remembers their fight before the incident happened. He sighed, trying very hard to suppress his tears that are trying to fall out. He’s just walking his way back home from Ryeowook’s final funeral rights and he’s still holding Ryeowook’s portrait as he stood there, absently staring at the newspaper.

“ May I help you sir? “ an old lady asked him which broke his trance. Shaking his head politely, he muttered a ‘No’ and weakly gave her a smile and bowed. He was about to continue his journey to their or should he say, his apartment now that he’s gonna be living there alone when the old lady called his attention again. She handed him a piece of folded cut-out newspaper and before he can react, the old lady beat him to it

“ Use this second chance wisely. “ she said

“ Wha- “ he was about to ask but the old lady is nowhere to be seen. Is she a psycho?  Shaking his head, he tucked the piece of cut-out newspaper inside his coat. He turned around to continue his journey when someone accidentally bumped into him. Because of the impact, the stranger almost fell but Kyuhyun caught his hand before that happened.

The stranger withdraws his hand and bowed apologetically at Kyuhyun. No way. Am I hallucinating? we’re his thoughts as he saw the face of the stranger. The stranger squeaked as Kyuhyun pulled him into a bone crashing hug.

“ Y-yah! What are you doing?! “ the stranger said while struggling. When Kyuhyun loosen his hold to him, he pushed Kyuhyun hard and turned away, ready to run.

“ Wait! Ryeowook!“ Kyuhyun said as he tried to hold the stranger’s hand again but failed. The stranger came to a halt when he heard his name.

“ How do you know my name? “ he asked, surprised and curious.

Kyuhyun stared at him. Wild things are running inside his head as he remembered the old lady’s words. Use this second chance wisely… He then remembered the piece of paper he tucked inside his coat so he looked for it. He unfolds it and his eyes widened. It was the headline that he saw just a while ago. He blinked his eyes and looked at his cellphone.

 

June 23, 2012. A month before the accident occurred.

 

Kyuhyun tried to remember what happened during this day. This is the day when he will go to the studio to practice his piece. I shall go with him but the way he acts, it shows that he doesn’t know me yet.

After some careful thinking, Kyuhyun decided to introduce his self as a colleague.

“ Ahh, you must have been shocked, sorry for that. I’m Cho Kyuhyun. We practice at the same studio. “ he explained to the man who was standing in front of him, waiting for his reason. He saw Ryeowook’s face that his thinking very hard so he continued


“ maybe you don’t see me around so you can’t remember me. “ Kyuhyun said.

“ Oh, I’m sorry Kyuhyun-ssi. “ an embarrassed Ryeowook said as he bowed down.

“ Its okay. Oh and drop the ‘ssi’. “ Kyuhyun said as he smiled beautifully and it made Ryeowook blush.

“ O-okay Kyuhyun.. “ he said, bowing his head to hide his red face.

“ Uhm, this may sound creepy but.. Can I join you in your practice? “ Kyuhyun said shyly and to his surprise, Ryeowook agreed.

 

Kyuhyun watched Ryeowook practice the whole day and every once in a while, Ryeowook will take a quick break and they’ll talk about their selves. By the end of the day, Kyuhyun walked Ryeowook home. Before Ryeowook can go inside his apartment, they both agreed or for Ryeowook, ‘forced to agree’ that Kyuhyun will fetch him tomorrow and will watch him practice again. Just like that, their first day together ended..