Eleven

Into Your World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ღ Chapter Eleven ღ    

The wedding went as planned. No one tripped, no one fell, and the look on Kris' face as I walked up that aisle was filled with enough love for a life time.

 

After the wedding, we had a smaller reception dinner in the hotel ballroom, and with that came the round of speeches. Minjung went first, and of course, being an actress with superb oratory skills, she eloquently expressed her approval of the marriage, and almost brought the whole audience to tears.

 

And then, it was Yixing's turn. He stood up nervously, and looked around, clearing his voice. Then, Zhang Yixing made the perfect speech.

 

"Good evening, everyone. Thanks for putting down your forks for long enough to give me your undivided attention. And before I say anything else, I’d like us all to take a moment to appreciate and thank Mr. Lee for what has been thus far a wonderful celebration on such a special occasion.

 

Let me start by saying that it is great for me to be involved in the happiest day in my duizhang's life, as he has been constantly involved in all of mine.

 

Most best men tell stories about the groom and his wicked past. Obviously I cannot do such a thing because I already have - multiple times - on national television.

 

For those of you that don't know me, my name is Zhang Yixing, and Kris here was the first Chinese trainee I ever met at SM Entertainment all those years ago. When I first saw him, I have to admit, I was a little intimidated due to the height and the everpresent stony face.

 

In the end, however, Kris became the best Gege a boy in his late teens could have possibly ever asked for. When training got hard, or whenever I felt homesick, he was always there for me. He was there for all of us.  

 

I think that, in the end, Kris was also there for Jae-in when she needed him the most. At the beginning, duizhang did a whole lot of chasing, but in the end, it was all worth it.

 

Nothing makes me happier than being here today, seeing two of the people who mean the most to me in this word getting married, and spending the rest of their lives together. If anyone is able to walk this road, it's these two. I knew both of them separately as Lee Jae-in and Wu Yifan, but I also knew them as one, as Jaeris, if you will. Being with each other, if anything made both of them stronger as individuals, and I hope to learn a thing or two about true love and understanding from them.

 

So, let’s raise our glasses, everybody, and toast this happy couple; because true love does exist right in front of our eyes.”

 

 

After the wedding reception dinner, Kris stuck me on a private jet, and refused to tell me where we were going. I didn’t even know which direction we there going in, or for how long we were going to be gone.

 

“What about my stuff?” I asked, confused, as the plane started down the runway.

 

“Jaehyun, Lu Han, and Minjung already took care of everything. Minjung even packed you a wardrobe for it.”

 

Since when? I racked my brains, trying to remember missing clothes from my closet. Knowing Minjung, however, she had whipped up her team of stylists and gotten me a whole new wardrobe for the trip.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked, glancing out of the window and seeing nothing but darkness.

 

“You’ll see when we get there,” Kris promised. “We’re going to be flying for a while, and I bet you’re tired. Get some rest, Jae.”

 

The inside of the plane was furnished for comfort rather than extravagance. The big, comfy seats had backs that could be pushed back, and I snuggled up next to Kris and tried my best to fall asleep.

 

Kris’s soft whispers must have worked, because the next thing that I knew, he was gently nudging me awake, and the windows sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter