There's No Easy Way to Break Somebody's Heart

There's No Easy Way to Break Somebody's Heart

I held her close to me
‘Cause I know she breaks so easily
And then I told her

                They lay in bed; the cover spread carelessly above their long legs. The movie begins to play on the TV; the soft volume turning the dialogue into whispers echoing throughout the room. The movie is interesting enough but neither of them is watching. He is merely content to have an arm wrapped around her, to have her head lying on his shoulder; his fingers playing with her hair so absently it seems.

                She keeps an arm of her own draped across his waist, holding to his lone, free hand. Both their eyes are fixed on the TV but they are merely looking without seeing. There are one too many words left unsaid between them ever since they laid eyes on each other that night and when his grip on her tightens, she knew nothing is going to stay the same ever again.

“I’m going to marry her.”

She has been anticipating as much but hearing the words come from him breaks her heart more than she ever thought possible. “I know.”

He frowns. “You don’t sound upset.”

Her shoulders lift in a shrug, something Sooyoung desperately does for show. “We were never meant to last.”

Changmin feels the drop of moisture on his shirt, the tremble that runs through her frame. “You are one bad liar, Choi Sooyoung.”

But I knew no matter how I tried to console her
She’d just do the best she could
But there are times the best is no damn good

“Soo…” Heechul watches helplessly as the tall brunette goes on with clearing the dishes on the table just like the way she does on a normal day. That day is anything but normal. “Sooyoung.”

                His words go in one ear and exit the other; Sooyoung pointedly continuing what she is doing. Heechul sighs, running a hand down his face. Though it may not look like it, he’s struggling to keep himself sane and stable and the way she is acting isn’t helping at all. He watches silently as she loads the sink with the barely used dishes; water soon running over them as she stares absently.

“Sooyoung.” He sighs once more. He has been doing that a lot it seems. “You don’t have to try too hard, Soo.”

She turns off the water and she lowers her head; her hand the edges of the sink as her voice cracks. “Is it too bad to want to try to make everything normal?”

“I lost my best friend and you lost the guy you thought you’re going to spend your life with. We lost him for good.” Heechul in a sharp breath, willing himself not to break down. “Nothing’s going to be normal… not anymore.”

Sooyoung falls to the floor and Heechul rushes over and catches her in his arms in time. She sobs against his chest and he silently cries along with her.

And no matter how you try to be kind
There's always still a part of you you leave behind
When it falls apart

There's no easy way to break somebody's heart

I lied and told her she'd be fine
Though we both knew it was just a line
I had to do it
'Cause I 'da said anything to help me get through it

“You’re going to be fine, Soo.” Siwon says it over and over again and he sounds like a broken record already. But he doesn’t care. Hearing those words can make it seem real. “You’re going to be fine.”

“Am I really?” She asks as she sits helplessly on her hospital bed, staring at her immobile legs – the pair of legs that once made her able to dance, walk and run. “Am I really going to be okay?”

He takes her hand and squeezes it. “Yes, you will.”

                Siwon looks into her eyes and although she nods, he knows that she can see past him better than anyone else can. Almost so quickly, she lets go of her hand and leaves his seat, offering it to Sungmin. He mutters that he wants to go out for air and just as fast, he disappears from the hospital room; the doctor’s words echoing in his mind over and over again.

“After that accident, there’s only a twenty five percent chance she’ll get to walk again.”

Then she reached out for my hand
And her simple touch was more than I could stand
And I had to turn away
'Cause I knew all the hurt
That she was feeling I was feeling too
'Cause when it falls apart

There's no easy way to break somebody's heart

“Oppa.” Tears stream down endlessly down her once bright face; her eyes red and puffy and all he can see is the anguish in them. Sooyoung takes her hand in his and shakes it, trying to get him to say something. “Oppa, please tell me they’re lying.”

                Kris opens his mouth, wanting to tell her what she desperately wants to hear – that lie. But no words make their way out and instead, a lone tear trickles down from his eyes. It is with that one teardrop that Sooyoung got her answer, for she has never seen her husband cry in front of her. The look of anguish on her face worsens and Kris has to look away, not able to bear to see her like that.

His eyes fall on the baby bag that he son never got to use.

She could've gotten angry
And made me feel like a guilty child
But I realized that never was her style

“Why didn’t you send me to jail?” Jaejoong is shaking and for the life of him, he really can’t point out an exact reason why. “I deserve to be there.”

Her gaze does not falter as her eyes lock with his. “It’s an accident, Jaejoong-ssi. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it.”

“Y-You lost your family because of me!” His voice rises. He wants her to understand his point it seems. But it feels like it’s the other way around. “I killed them, didn’t I? It’s my car that crashed into them, right? Then why am I not in jail?”

“It’s not your fault. You don’t control life/” Sooyoung states simply before turns around and leaves.

I wanted her to hurt me
And not treat me like a friend
I wanted her to say there'd be someday
I'd come crawling on my knees to ask her back again
But she acted like a lady 'til the end
Oh, what a lady

                The air around them is tense and neither of them has moved. Key braces himself, waiting for her to scream at him, to hit him, whatever. Krystal has just given him her heart, something that he once wanted to be his all those months ago. But it’s different now. Now, she has given her the love he used to hope for but he can’t give her anything in return… not when he has given his heart to one Choi Sooyoung and gotten hers in return.

“Nicole…” His tone is cautious. “Say something, please. Cole, please.”

He is waiting for the outburst but she merely smiles; one that is so bittersweet. “It’s okay.”

They both doubt her words.

I thought that she'd break down
But she smiled at me and never made a sound
And I guess she understood in her way
'Cause her silence told me everything she could not say
When it falls apart
There's just no easy way

                A round of applause erupts throughout the small chapel as guests cheer on the bride and groom as they walk down the aisle for the first time as married couple. Handful after handful of flower petals are thrown into the air and onto them, the bride’s blissful laughter escaping her soon after. The bride and the groom walks out of the chapel; their guests swarming towards them on the chapel steps to give their congratulations, hugs, kisses to the cheek and everything that comes along with them. In the midst of them all, Choi Sooyoung is standing inside the chapel, watching as Donghae gives into the crowd’s demands and kisses Jessica in front of them all.

“Are you okay?”

Sooyoung looks to her right and finds Eunhyuk standing by her side. She simply smiles.

“Are you sure?” He asks in reply… because they both know it was supposed to be her Donghae got married to.

Her silence gives her away.

There's just no easy way
There's no easy way to break somebody's heart.