Title (I can't think of anything.)

Never let you go

Why am I here? Why do I bother continuing this life? Maybe I should jump.... just end everything. No one would miss me. No one would care.

I slowly eased open the door leading to the school`s rooftop, and quickly shielded my eyes from the brightness of the sun. Once my eyes adjusted to the invading light, I moved my arm and let it fall limply to my side. I took a step forward, slowly easing my body into the harsh sunlight. I stared down and watched as the sun traveled up my body as I continued to walk forward.

Why should I continue to live? I'm nothing. I'm a nobody.

I came to an abrupt stop after I'd cleared the doorway. I turned around and closed the door, making sure it was securely locked  before I turned back and took in the scene, staring out into the city of Seoul, my home.

Home? What home? Sure, I had a family, but they didn't care nor did they understand. My parents always fought, and my older sister was never home. And friends? I had the odd few, but I never let any of them get really close. And a boyfriend? I have one. He's wonderful, intelligent and incredibly popular. I love him, I do... but I don't want to burden him any longer.

I take a deep breath, and continue walking, my steps slow and steady. I reach the end, and place my hands on the wall, leaning forward. I stared down at the school grounds and watched. I saw groups laughing while sitting on the grass eating lunch; groups of girls screaming over the latest song from their favorite band; the one person who never really fit in but continued to drift between groups; and lastly, I saw my small group of friends.

Even from this distance I could tell who they were:  our charismatic leader Soohyun, our awkward pigeon Eli, our soft-voiced and kind hearted Kevin, our mother hen Hoon who stood beside Soohyun, hand in hand and lastly we had Dongho, who was wandering to each one, pestering them for food. I paused and squinted. There was someone missing, and I scanned the ground trying to find him.

I smirked and let out a laugh as I saw the tall man running towards everyone. I watched as he arrived and everyone began talking to him at once. My heart ached as I watched them, and a tear slid down my cheek.

I'm sorry. I can't continue going on like this. Please forgive me... all of you.

I leaned back and dug in my pockets when I heard my phone ring. I pulled it out and stared a the caller ID screen. Jaeseop. I let it ring a few times, before I picked up.

"Hello?"

"Kiseop? Where are you?" His deep voice emitted from the cell phone and I let another tear fall as I heard it.

"I'm..... around."

There was a pause before his voice continued. "Tell me where. I'll come and get you."

"No. Where I'm going... you aren't allowed to come."

"What are you talking about? I don't understand."

"Look up," was all I whispered, before I disconnected the call. I stepped forward again and saw that his eyes were staring up, the phone still by his ear. I saw the panic begin to set in as he brought the phone down and began pressing buttons. My phone started to ring, but I ignored it. I lifted my arm, so that it was held over the rail and opened my hand. The phone kept ringing as it fell. The noise stopped as it hit the pavement and broke into pieces.

People who heard the sound, slowly came forward and stared up at me. The crowd was getting bigger and bigger, and as I scanned the crowd I saw widening eyes and grins being to appear on faces.

My gaze went back to Jaeseop, who's face had gone deathly pale. He clutched his phone in one hand and was grabbing Eli's arm with the other. Dongho was quickly talking with Kevin, probably asking what was going on and Hoon and Soohyun stood there, unsure of what to do.

Voices drew my attention away from them and I cocked my head to the side, trying to figure out what they were saying.

"DO IT! JUMP!" Okay.

"You're a loser anyways! No one would miss you!" True.

"Noooo! DON'T!" These from girls, who clutched each other and sobbed.  Why not?

"Jump! Jump! Jump!" A chant began forming in the crowd, starting softly before rapidly getting louder. That's my plan.

I looked back to my friends, and noticed that Jaeseop was gone. My five friends pushed their way to the front and began yelling up at me.

"Kiseop! Kiseop please! Don't do this!"  Eli.

"Come down from there!" Soohyun.

"STOP!" Kevin.

"What are you doing??"  Dongho.

"Kiseoppie....!" Hoon.

My eyes started to fill with tears, as I stared at them. I didn't want to leave, but I also didn't want to continue living. The tears quickly fell from my cheeks, and landed on the rail between where my hands were gripping. I put my foot on the rail and slowly climbed over it. I clutched it tightly and took a few deep breaths before I turned around.

I leaned forward and looked at the distance to the ground. The door burst open behind me and I almost lost my footing. I let out a yelp and scrambled to regain my position. I looked back and saw Jaeseop standing in the doorway, his chest heaving and his eyes bloodshot.  

"Stop!" I yelled to Jaeseop as I saw him begin to rush forward.

He stopped at my voice and stared at me. "Kiseop. What.... what are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" I replied scornfully.

He took a step forward. "Why?"

"Don't come closer!" I screamed. "Why? Because I'm tired of living."

"I don't understand, Kiseop. Please." Jaeseop took another step forward.

"How can you understand? No one understands. You have friends, you're popular and you have parents who love you. I have none of those."

"You do!" Jaeseop yelled. "You have the group!"

I stared. "They're your friends. They only tolerated me because I was dating you. Now you'll be free, and you can be the happy group of six again."

"They care about you!" Jaeseop said, and took another step forward. "They consider you to be their friend."

"But they're not. I don't have friends. I don't have anyone."

"You have ME!"

I shrugged, trying to appear indifferent as my heart broke. "What about you? Once I'm out of the picture, you can go back to your perfect life."

"My life isn't perfect Kiseop. It isn't complete without you." Jaeseop took another couple steps forward.

"NO! Stop coming closer!" Jaeseop shook his head and took another step.

"Jaeseop no! I'll jump! Right now!" I threatened as I leaned forward. That stopped him, as horror flashed on his face.

"Kiseop. Kiseoppie, please. Please don't," Jaeseop begged, tears falling from his eyes.

"I can't take this anymore. I-I... no." I turned away, not letting him see my own tears. I released the railing and shuffled forward.

"But I love you!!" I heard his anguished cry, and I clutched my chest. Sobs erupted from my body and I couldn't stop shaking. I turned back to see Jaeseop on his knees, crying.

"Please.. please Kiseoppie. Don't leave me..." Jaeseop whispered.

"Y-you'll be fine-" I hiccuped. "You're always fine."

"My parents are getting a divorce. My mother wants to take me away, to Canada."

I stilled. "W...what?"

Jaeseop looked at me, tears cascading down his face. "My father had an affair. The woman who he was with is now pregnant and expecting a child in a couple months. My sister moved out and refuses to talk to us."

I couldn't find any words, so I just stared at the man I loved more than anything in the world.

"After this semester is done, mom wants to leave," Jaeseop continued. "She plans on never returning to Korea. You're my everything! You can't do this! I need you!" Jaeseop broke into sobs again, and covered his eyes.

I put my foot on the rail, and was going to haul myself over it and run into his arms, when the rung broke. I screamed as the bar broke and I felt my body falling.

"KISEOP!!!" Jaeseop screaming, lunging forward.

I managed to grasp the stone wall, my body colliding with the side of the building. I let out a whoosh of air from the pain that errupted in my chest. I heard everyone beneath all give a gasp before more shouting occurred.

"Fall!"

"LET GO!"

"Do it!"

I struggled to breathe, and I slowly felt my hands begin to slip. I panicked, and tried my best to regain my grip, but it was hard with my sweaty palms.

"Kiseop!!" I looked up and saw Jaeseop climb through the hole of where the railing broke and lean towards me.

"Grab my hand!" He extended his arm, his fingers vying for mine.  I lifted one of hands and tried to grasp Jaeseop's hand, but the sweat made that impossible and my hand slipped from his. My hand fell and I felt my other hand begin to slip more, coming dangerously close to the edge.

"J-Jaeseop... I don't think...I can't.." Panic set in and I was unable to form a compelte sentece.

"No! No, Kiseoppie, please! Please don't give up!" Jaeseop extended his arm further and crawled further through the opening.

"Don't you let go. Don't you dare let go."

Tears pricked my eyes, as I attempted to grab his arm once again. This time, his grip immediately tightened as he felt my hand. We gripped each other's wrists, and he told me to let go of the ledge.

"Let go, I've got you. I promise."

I shook my head, and more tears fell. "I-I can't.. I'm too scared."

"Kiseop, look at me." I looked up into my love's fierce eyes. "I won't let go. Trust me."

I gulped and nodded, before taking a deep breath and let go of the ledge. I brought my other hand up and grasped Jaeseop's wrist.

Jaeseop grunted, as he slid forward. He grabbed my wrists and began pulling with all of his strength. I slowly felt myself rise, and then I gave a small scream because I fell again.

"Jaeseop... I'm too heavy. I'll take you with me... please. Please just let go..."

Jaeseop snarled. "No! I'll never let you go!" He once again began pulling, but was growing weary from the constant heat slamming down on him. I heard the rushing of footsteps and then shadows fell over us.

"We've got you!" Soohyun said, crouching beside Jaeseop.

Five pairs of hands reached forward, and grabbed our wrists. They began pulling and soon I was up and over the edge. I let out a shaky breath and stared at everyone wide eyed before Jaeseop crushed me to his chest.

His sobbing brought me to tears, and I clung to him as if my life depended on it. The others gave us a wide berth and went and stood beside the door.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I repeated over and over into Jaeseop's ear. His response was to only hold me tighter.

"I love you..." I said, and pressed a kiss onto Jaeseop's cheek.

He pulled back and stared at me, tears still dripping from his eyes. "Please tell me you'll never attempt this again."

I looked away, and collected my thoughts. I still felt like a burden. Now I've made Jaeseop like this.... how horrible am I? I really shouldn't continue.... but I can't leave him. I-I really do love him...

I returned my gaze to his and nodded.

"No. Say the words Kiseop."

"I won't ever attempt this again. I promise. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I buried my head in the crook of his neck and let my tears fall onto his skin.

He began to slowly rub my back and whiserpered, "I love you."

"You can't leave me either... you can't go to Canada."

"I know. I'll tell her.... no, I'll convince her to let me stay."

"You can stay with me," I leaned back and had a small smile on my face as I saw his kitty grin.

Jaeseop leaned forward and rested his forhead against mine. "I love you Kiseop, forever and always."

"I love you too."  I hesitantly put my lips on his, tasting the salt from the tears. Jaeseop leaned into the kiss and deepened it. We probably would've continued but for the voices behind us.

"Ugh, you two. Get a room!"

Jaeseop broke the kiss and glared over my head. "Yah. Shut up babo. You're just jealous."

Eli scoffed. "Jealous? Yeah right."

Jaeseop just shook his head and got up. He leaned down and helped me to my feet, and interlaced out fingers and squeezing gently.

"Get going," Jaeseop said, motioning them towards the door.

The five of them stared at Jaeseop before turning their gazes on me. I gulped as I looked at them. The five of them were smirking and quickly glanced at one another before shouting, "We love you Kiseop! Sa! Rang! Hae! Yo!!" Their gleeful shouts brought a smile to my face and I chuckled, and nodded my head.
The five of them let out loud whoops of laughter before racing out the door and down the stairs, as all was right in their world again.

"Babo's. All of them," Jaeseop muttered, with a smile on his face. He looked at me and jerked his head. "We should probably go after them."

"Yeah, knowning them, they'll get in trouble for being so loud." Jaeseop laughed and we walked towards the door. Jaeseop went through first and I followed, but not before looking over my shoulder.

Jaeseop noticed that I'd paused and said, "You okay?"

I looked back to Jaeseop and nodded. "Yeah, I am."

"I love you Kiseop."

"I love you too," I replied before closing the door to the roof and rushing down the stairs with Jaeseop at my side.

The thought is still there, lurking in my mind. How satisfying it would be to take my own life. For everything to end, and not have to worry anymore. But I can't take that risk now. I need to continue on, for my friends, for myself and for Jaeseop. I can't leave him, not yet. He needs me and I need him. I don't know if our love will last, and I know that the next few months will be challenging, but this is one challenge I am willing to accept.

 

A/N:

All right~ well. This, this I really don't like. I think it is complete crap. Literally.

But, none the less, I still posted it. I highly doubt anyone will read this, it'll bore you to tears.

Anyways, if you did read it till the end, please comment and let me know what you think~

It's also my first 2seop fic... I wanted to try them out... we'll see if I like writing about them aha