Fiding A Job

You Work For Who?!

“Annyeong! I’m just your everyday average teenager in her last year of high school. I’m Jihyun. Kwon Jihyun. 18 years old and very friendly and energetic. In my spare time, I love to dance to Kpop music and my most favorite idols that I like are BoA, Super Junior, SHINee, f(x)….pretty much all of SM. My dream is to work there as a stylist co-ordinator so I can help my idols get dressed and have their make-up done for their performances and concerts.”

One day after school, you and your best friend Jinyoung went hanging out down at Ilsan. Lots of your girl classmates teased you a lot because you always hang out with him and it’s making them think you and him are going out. You don’t mind though. You just shook off those comments and still hang around Jinyoung as friends. “Ah, Jinyoung-ah! Let’s take sticky photos by the booth over there.” You said. “Ok!” “Remember, funny faces and y poses.” You said. You and Jinyoung were having a blast taking photos. Afterwards, you bought rice cakes for you and Jinyoung to share. “Jihyun, say “ah!” Jinyoung told you as he was feeding you. You laughed. “Your turn!”

While eating and walking, Jinyoung spotted a crowd. “Hm? What’s going on there? Let’s go see!” He said. Once you got a good view from the crowd, you realized it was a dance group dancing to various Kpop songs. One of the dancers pulled you in, but you resisted. Jinyoung erged you to go. “It’ll be fun! You love dancing to Kpop anyways.” He shouted. With that note, you decided to go with the dancers. The music plays B.A.P’s “Warrior.” You squealed because it’s one of your favorite songs aside from any SM songs. You know the choreography too.  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxk3E3EZhgo&feature=relmfu)

Jinyoung watched you from the crowd. “Wow! I knew she’d do amazing! She’s so powerful and charismatic! Go Jihyun!!” He cheered. Once the track ended, the dancers praised you on how well you did and thanked you for coming out to join them. “That was hot Jihyun! I fell in love with your dancing!” Jinyoung said. You pushed him aside. “Oh stop! I’m already embarrassed as is. That must’ve been my first ever live performance ever. Normally I would dance when no one’s watching.” You said. “Well, I saw no signs of nervousness. Besides, did you know that all eyes went to you? Yeah, you were that good.” Jinyoung said. “Ah chincha? Omo!” You said, shocked. After a while, you came across a help wanted poster. “Looking for a job? Then apply for a job at SM Entertainment! That’s right! You could be working close in contact with the idols! Workers needed: stylists, co-ordinators, costume designers…etc. Please give us a call if you’re interested!” You were already jumping with joy. “Ah! Jinyoung-ah! What do you think? Should I go for it?” “I think it’ll be a great idea! Go..call them now.” He suggested.
So, you called the number on the poster and to your surprise, someone picked up. “Yeoboseyo? “Ah! Ne! Yeoboseyo! Kwon Jihyun-imnida. I saw your poster at Ilsan and I see you’re hiring. I have experience in being a stylist and I work well with people. I was wondering if I can come in for an interview sometime?” You asked. “Ah. Ne! Um..please bring a resume with you. We will have the supplies you’ll need. I’ll see you on Saturday at 9AM in meeting room A at SM. See you there, Jihyun-ssi.” The unni said. “Ne. Thanks so much! Goodbye!” You screamed and hugged Jinyoung. “Woo!  I might have a chance! I have an interview on Saturday. I swear, if I get in, you’ll be the first person to know!”  “That’s awesome Jihyun-ah! I’m happy for you. Well, it’s getting late. Shall we grab some dinner and then go home?” Jinyoung asked. “Sure! Let’s go. I feel like I want samgyupsal.” You laughed.

After dinner, Jinyoung took you home and told you he’ll see you tomorrow at school. That night, before you went to bed you typed up your resume and printed it off. “I hope I get the job.” You said quietly.  The next morning, you washed up, ate breakfast then walked to school. On your way, you pulled out your ipod and started jamming to SHINee’s “Sherlock.”  “I’m so curious, yeah! Sajin sok naega! Sungan miseojieo, wae?” You sang out loud. When Minho’s rap came up, you increased the volume. “Hareudo subaek beonssik. Neol ddeollinda ddeolchyeonaeda.” You perfected his rap and sqeauled when he sang “bitnada….sarajyeo.”

“Ah! Minho oppa’s voice is so y!” Soon, you arrived to school. You greeted everyone with a smile and went to your classes. When it was lunch time, as always, you’d eat with Jinyoung. “Hey beautiful. How’s class?” He asked you. You blushed. He always flirted and complimented you in a boyfriend sort of way, but you didn’t mind because you guys were like siblings to each other. “It was fine. What about yours?” “Ah…received another English project. Oh my god! I’m gonna die!” He said. You laughed. “Gwenchana Jinyoung-ah! I’ll be supporting you. You can do it! Fighting, ne?” You said, holding out your hand for a hi-five. “Ah, Jihyun-ah, tomorrow’s  Friday. That means Saturday will be soon! You nervous?” “A bit. But I’m staying positive and hoping to get the job.” “You know you got my support 100%! Hope you get in! Jihyun fighting!” Jinyoung said with a smile. For the rest of the lunch break, you and Jinyoung ate with smiles and laughs. You love lunch period.

Finally, Saturday is here.  You got up at 6AM to get ready, dress nice and eat breakfast and just use the leftover time to relax your nervous. “Well, today’s the day! Wow…can’t believe this day is finally here. Woo! Hope I get in SM!” You said. It was 8AM. Time to head out. While you were on you way to the SM building, your phone rang. It was a text from Jinyoung. “Jihyun-ah! Today’s the day! Good luck! Have confidence! Asa! Fighting! ^^” –Jinyoung. His text made you smile. You replied back to him and continued to walk to SM. “Hmm…I feel like listening to BoA today.” You said. So, you whipped out your ipod and started jamming to BoA’s “Only One.” Other than SHINee, you really look up to BoA because you admire her ever since she debuted. You started to sing along. “…..Naesarang ije-neun annyeong you’re the only one…” When it got to the part where BoA dances with her partner, you imagined yourself doing that duet with Taemin. “Haha! If only…” You daydreamed.

You finally arrived in front of the SM builing. “Well, this is it. Once I step in through that door, it’ll determine whether or not I’ll get the job.”