chapter 1/1

Super Junior's Night Of Fright (edited)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was never a good idea to leave a high school reunion party late if you're living far away from the venue and did not like the idea of checking into a hotel. Especially when the journey home required you to drive through a notorious stretch of highway. But he decided that he would not mind. It's not like he always got the chance to meet those good 'ol classmates. Besides, he had never wished to submit himself into the belief in supernatural too much.

0247 was displayed on the clock the last time he took a glance. Stone mountain wall lined the roadside to his right while on his left was a chasm which mouth opened up into black nothingness. He tried not to think so much about how he seemed to be the only soul driving through the highway most of the time. Every once in a while, a vehicle or two came up from behind, but they had always sped past him before dissapearing in the distance.

Going 60 km/h did not seem too slow when you're tired and possibly sleepy. Especially when you're driving through an accident-prone area with no road lamp to guide you. Definitely the worst place for your head lights to malfunction.

Somehow, he had managed to drive past the area safely, but he was still alone most of the time. Well, at least there were road lamps to illuminate his way this time. He estimated that it would take him another thirty minutes to arrive home. Should he took an alternate route, which required him to drive through the city, it would take longer and he was not down for that at the moment.

But he was not even down for the heavy, bumping sound that sent his car shaking at that moment. The shock had rendered him slamming his feet against the brake pedal as he wondered what had just fallen onto the car.

He nervously checked the mirrors, hoping that it was nothing other than a tree branch. But whatever it was, it did not seem to had fallen off and the road behind him was clear. He decided to drive on, leave the place as fast as possible.

That was when one of the back doors opened and his car bounced slightly, as if an additional weight was added into the car. He froze in his seat, lips locked and fingers trembling on the steering wheel. Nothing happened for the past five seconds as he contemplated if he should continue driving.

Then someone breathed into his ear. Cold, icy fingers crept across his neck but he could not see to whom it belonged to. Something sharp poked lightly on the side of his neck and he heard a hoarse whisper.

"Send me home."

***

“Yah, hyung! Stop it, I'm scared!” Sungmin exclaimed as he whacked Kangin on the shoulder before blocking his ears with his fingers and fidgeted in an attempt to shake away the uneasiness that crept up his spine.

“Woah, just listen, my story is not even finished yet,” he teased, rubbing the the throbbing spot where Sungmin's hand had just landed on.

“Kangin-ah, can you please stop frightening your dongsaengs?” Leeteuk scolded. “If you keep on with that crap, I better tie you to that tree,” he warned as he pointed towards a tree next to a park that they happened to pass by.

With that, the evil racoon was silenced, albeit pouting in dissapointment. The members continued the rest of the walk soundlessly, all exhausted after a long day of singing, dancing and recording.

It was 11.24 p.m. when they came across a cemetery. With Kangin's story still replaying in his head, Shindong, who was slightly behind the group, hurried up to clasp onto Leeteuk's jacket.

“Hyung, why is it so cold and quiet?"

“It's a cemetery, Shindong. It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter