{ Episode 2 } Stop It, Gyu!

Reality Over Fantasy: We Got Married?

 

 On Air                    ★ 

Episode II; Part 3/3
Hongdae

It was already nearing five pm when they exited the ramyun shop, but the two seemed to be getting along better than ever. There wasn’t too big of a space between them as they walked together, roaming around Hongdae, unlike earlier. And they seemed to flow easily when in conversation. For some reason, they had walked back to where they had met; the park.

“I’m not lying though; I really can’t wait for your group’s comeback.” Hyunyoung laughed, before stopping, giving out a little gasp. She had a bright grin on her face as she suddenly rushed somewhere near the fountain, leaving Sunggyu to frown in her direction.

“Yah, Hyunwol!” he called out, scratching the back of his neck. The camera zoomed in on Hyunyoung, who was now kneeling in front of the fountain, ignoring her onscreen husband.

<< Caption: Don’t suddenly leave as you please… >>

Sunggyu followed her either way, until he heard the sound of barking and froze. Hyunyoung paid no heed to Sunggyu, and kept cooing, ruffling the dog’s fur and scratching behind its ears as she grinned brightly. Sunggyu was not fond of dogs; especially big ones like the one Hyunyoung kept playing with, as if it was a mere puppy.

“Who’s a cute boy? Who’s a cute boy?” she kept cooing, making adorable sounds that Sunggyu would have smiled at, if it wasn’t aimed to a freaking bred golden retriever. The dog seemed to like all the attention though, barking happily as it leaned more into her palm, reaching up to her face. Hyunyoung laughed and tried to keep the dog at bay, careful not to mess up her make-up, which the coordinator would definitely kill her for otherwise.

“What’s cute? Ah, seriously!” Sunggyu whined, backing up a few steps as the dog barked at him as well, in which he hoped was a friendly manner. He wasn’t entirely fond about thinking up of the alternative.

Hyunyoung finally turned and acknowledged him, though frowning as she did so. One of her hands was still unconsciously scratching the dog’s ears.

“He’s cute! Look, look – you’ll like him. He reminds me of Hoya-ssi.” she motioned him to come closer, but Sunggyu planted his feet firmly a few feet away from her, and the canine. Though highly amused that she would compare Hoya, who he thought was pretty handsome in his own right, to a dog, Sunggyu’s fear of the animal was far greater.

“What part of him reminds you of Hoya – no; I’m not moving anywhere.” He said, shaking his head vigorously.

“They both look tough, but are actually very soft?” she offered, grinning brightly. “He’s really friendly! And he likes you, I know it!” Hyunyoung gave a quick grab to his wrist, laughing at his reaction as she did so.

“No! You can’t make me!”

Sunggyu was struggling against her grip, though Hyunyoung knew it was only for entertainment purposes. Though really, she wanted to know what made him dislike dogs so much. It was funny for her though, how the militaristic leader of INFINITE turned into such a fragile boy in front of canines.

“Why?” she whined, finally letting go of his wrist, making him stumble back a little in the process. He glared at her, but she wasn’t exactly sure if he did – his eyes already far too small, though she wouldn’t say that out loud. “He’s really super cute, and very friendly!”

“I’m not fond of dogs.” He admitted, shuddering a little as Hyunyoung gave one final pet to the golden retriever’s head. It gave a loud bark and wagged its tail happily, restricted by the leash that connected his collar to the pole.

“You’re scared then?” Hyunyoung grinned cheekily, standing up and brushing imaginary dirt from her dress.

“I-” Sunggyu clamped his mouth shut and huffed. “I’m just not a d-dog person!”

“He wasn’t going to bite your arm off or anything though.” She pushed him lightly on the shoulder. Hyunyoung laughed again at his reaction. Her smile suddenly dropped when he wasn’t responding. She pouted and nudged his arm. “Are you angry? Hey, Husband Gyu?”

He crossed his arms over his chest and scowled. “That wasn’t funny, Hyunwol, really.”

“Are you really angry?” she chuckled and kept nudging his arm. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry – ah, Kim Sunggyu, where are you going?”

Sunggyu ignored her, and walked ahead. Something caught his eye, and if Sungyeol’s information about her was correct, then he’d have the perfect revenge.

MC 2: “Omo, their first fight already?”
MC 1: laughs. “They sure are a fast couple.”


A small kitten, about the size of both his hands, was sleeping near the bushes. Sunggyu picked it up and grinned devilishly at her. Hyunyoung, who had been curious, had followed him, her eyes widening as she saw the feline curled up in Sunggyu’s arms. A string of incoherent speech left her lips as she hurriedly backed away from him.

“Ah, I’m not kidding! Kim Sunggyu, put that kitten down!” she squealed, frowning as she backed up with every step forward Sunggyu had taken. Sunggyu laughed and thought it ironic how she disliked cats almost as much as he was afraid of dogs. He kept cradling the kitten, tickling its tummy and emitting adorable little mewing sounds from it

“What? She’s cute! Look, look – you’ll like her.” He mimicked her words earlier, cackling as he did so. Though Hyunyoung’s distaste for cats was still evident, his more comfortable nature around her seemed to brighten her up. A hint of a smile ghosted on her lips, but her eyes were trained on the kitten mewling comfortably in Sunggyu’s arms.

“That’s not cute! It’s evil and will do nothing but scratch you all the time.” She countered, squealing when he had suddenly jumped at her, trying to scare her.

<< Caption: …where is the fearless Hyunyoung now- >>

.oOo.

Q: Do you think the two of you are too different?

Hyunyoung: she laughs and claps her hands at the question. “Ah, seriously; just because we like two different animals, we’re too different? Daebak…” she shakes her head and looks at the camera, smiling. “I don’t think differences are bad. It’s good if you want to keep the relationship happy – if there aren’t any differences, wouldn’t that be boring? And Sunggyu being afraid of dogs, I don’t really mind, to be honest. It’s really cute, actually.”

Sunggyu: “Even before the whole We Got Married thing, I already knew we were really different.” He laughs and hides his mouth. “I always heard about her, especially from L. She was a very cheerful and outgoing person, the kind that almost everyone was friends with. Meanwhile I, who wasn’t close to just anyone, was often serious and wasn’t one to take things lightly. I really don’t know what the staff had planned, putting us together…” he scoffs and tries to hide it with a chuckle.

.oOo.

Sunggyu laughed and finally put down the stray cat. “Sorry about that…” he murmured, patting its head as he turned to look at Hyunyoung. His virtual wife was pouting with her arms crossed over her chest. She was definitely not happy.

“That wasn’t funny!” she whined, stomping one of her feet, which only really made Sunggyu chuckle harder. Hyunyoung’s mouth twitched upwards though as she approached him again, complaining still. “Really! What if I got too scared and suddenly hurt myself or something?”

Her logic was incomprehensible, but Sunggyu found himself laughing still, even if only because he thought her expression was cute. “You did it first!” he countered.

“I didn’t do anything; you didn’t even go near him!” she laughed, with her head thrown back and doing little jumpy steps in place. “And yet you even…ugh!”

“This fight is worthless.” He commented carelessly, but Hyunyoung kept talking. Soon enough he tuned her out and merely nodded to everything she said. It felt nostalgic, like he had a girlfriend again.

“Oh, bicycles.” Sunggyu remarked casually, pointing towards a bicycle rent shop. “Ah, it’s seriously been too long since I’ve ridden one. Do you want to?”

Hyunyoung looked at him, slightly surprised. She had enough experience with Sungmin tuning out her ramblings from time to time but his way of interrupting her and making her forget whatever it was she had been talking about was definitely different from her real boyfriend’s. Sungmin would usually just kiss her to shut her up, but Sunggyu’s sudden change of topic worked just as well.

“Yah, you can’t just change the topic like that!” she pouted, once again crossing her arms over her chest. Sunggyu chuckled.

“I asked if you wanted to ride bicycles around the park. Who’s changing the topic now?” he countered, smirking as he did so.

Hyunyoung faltered and looked at rows of bikes in front of the rental shop. She grinned sheepishly. “I don’t know how to ride a bike, though.”

Sunggyu’s eyes widened in surprise at her confession, “You’re serious?” he asked, to which she nodded. “Seriously? Wow.”

He chuckled, highly amused with how much he found out about this girl called Park Hyunwol in just one day. First, he had learned that she was highly unpredictable. Second, she was cute in her own way, especially when she was embarrassed. Three, she disliked cats. And four, Hyunyoung didn’t know how to ride a bike. That was definitely a lot considering he had just met her that day.

“I’ll teach you, then.” He remarked, already asking her to follow him to the rental shop. Hyunyoung shook her head, laughing still.

“I’m in a dress. I can’t.”

“Do you dislike bikes as well, then?” he teased. She scoffed and hit his shoulder playfully.

“Fine then, but I really can’t ride one. So you ride and I’ll sit on the back, like Park Shin Hye with Jung Yonghwa on Heartstrings!” she puffed out her cheeks, glaring a little bit at him as she did so. Sunggyu laughed and went inside to ask for a bike similar to the one used in the drama. The owner of the rental shop had given it to him almost immediately, his only form of payment an autograph for her young daughter, who liked INFINITE.

“Oh, thank you!” Sunggyu smiled, bowing 90 degrees at the shop owner. He mounted the bike once outside of the shop and patted the end of the bike.

“Husband Gyu, you better not let me fall, okay?” she called out, looking a little nervous. Nevertheless, she had sat on it, facing sideways, and gripped tightly on the back of Sunggyu’s sweater. “If you do, I won’t ever forgive you.”

.oOo.

Q: You’re scared of bikes?

Hyunyoung: she laughs and buries her face in her hands. “No! I’m not, I just never learned. And maybe in that sense, I was a little bit afraid. But I wasn’t scared-!”

PD: “…isn’t that the same thing…?”

Hyunyoung: she pouts and looks embarrassed. “Okay, fine. Maybe I was a little scared… but not enough that I would have a phobia! When I was little, you see, I fell on a bike trying to learn. I ended up knocking two of my teeth out and bled a lot, it was kind of traumatic. I never went near one again, until that day.”

Q: But you trusted Sunggyu…?

Hyunyoung: she pauses, as if reflecting on her decision. “Yes… I guess?” her cheeks flush pink. “Sunggyu has a certain aura about him that makes you trust in him when he tells you to trust him. He’s the type of person who you know you can rely on, and in that sense, I felt kind of… comforted and safe.”

.oOo.

Hyunyoung was uncharacteristically quiet, though kept a vice grip on Sunggyu’s clothes. Her nervousness made even him just that little bit unnerved.

“Why are you so quiet?” he tried lightening the atmosphere, pedaling a little faster if only to have something else occupy his head. Sunggyu tried to keep smiling. Thinking that remaining calm would be the best option for now, he kept asking mundane questions as he rode all around the park.

“It’s scary, okay?” she murmured. Hyunyoung suddenly squeaked, instinctively wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her head on his back once he started pedaling faster. “Ah, seriously, Sunggyu!”

The MCs back in the studio suddenly burst into various screams.
MC 1: “Omo, omo, omo!”
Jinwoon: “Isn’t this too fast!?” laughs and covers cheeks.

.oOo.

Q: You kept smiling during the bike ride?

Sunggyu: “Ah, that was…,” he bursts into laughter, his cheeks glowing red. “I told her to hang on tight… I expected she would hold tighter to my sweater. Instead, she suddenly hugged me from behind – I was really surprised. It was… a good surprise though? It meant that she trusted me?” he trails off before chuckling again at the memory. He covers his face, though the camera has already captured his hidden smile. “Ah… really…”

MC 3: “Anyone would like it if Hyunyoung suddenly hugged them!" laughs.

.oOo.

“Don’t go too fast!” Hyunyoung whined, holding tighter and burying her head onto his clothed back. Sunggyu flushed even harder, trying to steady the bike from earlier. He wasn’t going fast at all, he wanted to tell her, but chose not to if it meant that she wouldn’t be holding onto him anymore. It was all for the show, he reminded himself, all for the show.

“It’s fine. Trust me, okay?” he told her, grinning as he did so.

<< Caption: Reliable...! Such a reliable (??) husband >>

.oOo.

Q: As a virtual husband, what did you think of Sunggyu then?

Hyunyoung: “The type of guy I honestly would want to settle down with was someone who I could rely on. Since, in my family, I was the oldest, I had to take responsibility. In Bachelorette as well, I’m also responsible for our main image. In that sense, I kind of wanted to be someone that was taken care of, rather than the one who took care of someone else. For once I kind of wanted to be a little bit pampered by my husband, which was why I purposely acted a bit childish, just to test him a little.”

“Sunggyu is very responsible, and he is able to take care of me well. I think that’s very important. Though I’m very guilty I had to act in such a way, I’m sure he was very burdened to have to take care of a child. Husband Gyu, don’t worry – starting from the next broadcast, I will become a wife that won’t be too burdening.” she waves and smiles at the camera.

Q: In regards to Hyunyoung as your virtual wife, what do you think?

Sunggyu: “L had told me a lot about Hyunwol, so I expected her to be very upbeat like L had said. More than upbeat though, she was very childish when I met her. I thought that was very cute, and a great contrast to her powerful onstage persona. She’s a very charismatic person, so it’s hard to dislike her even if you were irritated by her. I guess that’s why a lot of people like her.”

“I honestly think this will be very interesting. I definitely won’t lose to Sungyeol next time.” He grins and laughs.

Trust is built! Sunggyu and Hyunyoung are becoming even closer…?

The Bachelorette sister-in-laws, as well as the INFINITE brother-in-laws work together – what for…? Find out in the next episode.


A/N::
Episode two is finished! The next chapters will probably be behind the scenes
or something. omg this is going to be so long. OTL I hope you guys won't
get bored or something! D: I'll do my best to keep you guys entertained XD