Do You Ever Think?

Not At All What You Were Expecting

 

Jongyu

Word Count: 390

Warnings: Hinting at dying!Jinki (but he doesn't die in the story so it's totally fine you guys)


 

When Jinki and Jonghyun met their relationship was that of a fairytale.  It was as beautiful as it was inevitable.  Shy smiles and skirting touches soon lead to intertwined hands under the veil of moonlight and stolen kisses weighed down with inexperience and uncertainty. 

 

It was perfect.

 

But just like all fairytales, the incomparable amounts of joy and love are always counteracted by equal amounts of tragedy. 

 

White walls and whiter faces became a commonplace in Jinki’s life.  However, for every hospital visit, for every insignificant blood test, Jonghyun was there, arms open and loving smiles free for the taking.

 

No matter how difficult it became, Jonghyun stayed, and Jinki knew he would never love anyone more.  Even in his weak and brittle state, his heart continued to beat, living on solely for those gentle touches, those tender kisses. 

 

As they sat in comfortable silence, Jonghyun seated next to him, head resting against the hard mattress Jinki smiled; running a soothing hand through the younger boy’s hair, scratching his scalp as if he were a favorite pet, loving the soft noises of pleasure it always managed to extract from the other.

 

Jinki sighed in contentment, “Jonghyun,” he began slowly.

 

He hummed in response.

 

“Do you ever think that— that some people are given a greater capacity to love?” Jinki's words were soft, calculated.

 

Jonghyun glanced up, confusion painting his features.

 

“I mean, that some people are able to love more, better, deeper, simply because fate knows that they have less time to enjoy it?”  Jinki bit his lip as he saw the spike of pain run through the younger, he always wanted to avoid the topic, pretend like it wasn’t real, like it wasn’t going to happen. 

 

However, he smiled like he always did, nodding his head in agreement.  He laid his head back down, catching Jinki’s hand before it could work it’s way through his hair once again, opting instead to weave the older boy’s fingers between his own.  Jinki smiled, he didn’t know if he had years or only days left but that didn’t really matter anyway because each second would be spent with the only person who mattered.  And Jinki was positive that he loved Jonghyun more in one day than most people are able to experience in a lifetime and for that he counted himself lucky.

 


Yeah... wrote this at 4am the night before I left for Korea.  It is random and unedited and I have no idea why fluffy angst seemed like a good idea but whatever.  I am still jetlagged and tired and confused so you aren't allowed to judge me for anything I say, do or write.