Three

The Last Gift

The doctor said I should rest first before seeing Jihyo. But I feel really fine now. Jin hyung won’t allow me too. I felt helpless that I tried removing the dextrose attached to me and kept hurting myself as I screamed helplessly.

 

“JIHYO-AH! JIHYO-AH!” They tried to stop me from hurting myself as I scream.

 

“Onew-ssi, please don’t hurt yourself.” The nurse was asking me to calm down. I just can’t calm down. Who would be calm in this situation?

 

“Let me see her. Please let me see her.” My screams turned into sobs as I begged them once again.

 

I just wanted to see her. I just wanted to make sure she’s not badly hurt. Why won’t they allow me to? Taemin was awake now and he was crying as he saw me. He doesn’t usually cry in front of many people like what he was doing now.

 

There was really something wrong. They called the doctor again and they tried to inject some medicine on me. But they can’t because I was resisting it. The needle kept on breaking. I won’t close my eyes until I see Jihyo again.

 

“Just let hyung see Jihyo noona.” Taemin begged our manager Jin hyung, still crying.

 

After some thinking, he sighed and nodded. He finally agreed to it so I’ve calmed down. I was escorted by the still sobbing Taemin and Minho to her room. It was just next to mine.

 

As we reached her room I saw her mom crying. I felt pain seeing her mom cry. I stood frozen in front of her bed. There were lots of medical equipments connected to her. She was breathing heavily with the help of the respirator. Tears started falling down my face as I tried reaching for her face.

 

“The doctor said she’s on a brain dead state right now. The respirator is the only thing that’s keeping her alive. I don’t want to see my daughter suffer much more.” Her mom informed me.

 

I guess her mom already had decided on what to do. But I don’t want her to do that. No. I don’t want that.

 

“Eommonim, I know Jihyo would wake up soon. I know she would. She would fight.” I told her firmly.

 

She cried helplessly as she hugged me. I know she’s a strong girl. I know she would fight. She wouldn’t leave me alone. She promised me. And I would hold on to that promise.

 


Edited and Reuploaded: July 22, 2013