ch 2

switch..

You slowly open your eyes and stretch your arms. You sit up and look around and you feel your heart skip a beat. Where am I? Was I kidnapped? You stand and widen your eyes. Have I always been this tall? You look down at your legs. I don't own pants like these... You look up on the wall and see a clock. Noon? You look around some more. Looks like someone's apartment. You rub your eyes then blink a few times and look down at your hands. My hands....these aren't my hands...I had my nails painted...but...this isn't even my hand shape! You start to feel worried, not sure if it's a dream or not. It certainly doesn't feel like a dream. You suddenly hear voices coming from another room. You squint your eyes, trying to hear what they're saying. I must be really tired. That doesn't even sound like English. You laugh and shuffle quietly across the room, which seems to be a tv room. You poke your head into the next room; a kitchen. You stop when you see someone at the sink. 

 

"Ah! 일어났어?" The boy turns around and you blink your eyes a few times.

 

"Excuse me?" You say softly, your hands quickly grasping your neck. That's NOT my voice.

 

"뭐?" The boy tilts his head to the side. That looks a lot...like...

 

"Kibum-ah!" you hear and spin around. And him! He looks...like...

 

"Ah! Hyung!" Key smiles. 

 

"Uhm..." you say, stepping back into the tv room. You walk briskly down a hall until you reach what seems to be a bathroom. You walk in and fall forward, grabbing onto the sink. "Oh. My. God." You look in the mirror and raise a hand to your face. "Onew..." you stare wide eyed at yourself. "Oh my god!" you raise your chin and touch the defined adam's apple. "Oh my god!" you slowly raise your tee shirt and you feel yourself blush to see the well sculpted torso. No more s? You pout your lips and touch them softly. 

 

"Hyung?" You look into the mirror and see Minho. "괜찮아요?"

 

"What?" you ask. 

 

"괜찮아요?" Minho repeats. 

 

"I don't speak Korean." You slap a hand against your lips. That's definitely Onew's voice. 

 

"내가 하는거야..." Minho walks away. You turn back to the mirror.

 

"Oh my god." you look down at your arms. So nice... "What the hell is this!?" you cry. "Why am I Onew?!" you sit on the toilet and try to think. "It's a dream." you nod. "It's all a dream." you look around. "How do I wake up?" 

 

"Jinki-yah!" you look up to see Minho again. "뭐하는거야?"

 

"I..." you start. "I don't understand you!" you try to remember those tidbits of Korean you hear in shows and dramas. 

 

"Kibum! 그는 영어를 말하고!" Minho calls into the hall. If this is a dream, why can they speak Korean when I can't?

 

"Jinki...You like English today?" Key stands beside Minho.

 

"No, you don't understand. I'm not Onew!" you stand.

 

"You look like Onew." Key says.

 

"I'm not! This is a dream! I'm a girl!" you cry out. Key begins to laugh.

 

"You take drugs?" Key asks sincerely. 

 

"No! I'm ___ from New York!" you sigh.

 

"Ani. You're Lee Jinki, from Korea." Key smiles and walks into the bathroom. 

 

"Can I lay down?" you ask. Key shrugs and lets you walk by.

 

"왜 이렇게 이상하게 행동하고있는 거지?" You hear Key behind you. If I go to sleep, will I wake up in my own room again? You walk back to the couch and lay down. In seconds you feel sleep wash over you.