Separation

Fiction

 

He was accepted.

 

 

He was going to leave, to pursue his dream.

 

 

Chances of meeting each other in the future were slim, remembering that he had to work hard to achieve everything he wanted. He said he would stay, if she wanted him to. But she knew she can’t be selfish. And she would have to let him go, for she loved him too much. She wanted him to succeed. She wanted him to be happy, she wanted everything the best for him. Letting him go was never easy. She forced a smile every time she was with him, and cried to sleep every night. Till the day they would separate, she decided that she wouldn’t burden him.

“Hey, Silly Boy. Don’t you ever forget to eat. Take care of your health. Don’t make me worry, arasso?” She said while looking at his eyes. She knew letting him go was never easy. Her heart ached so bad, and holding back tears was almost impossible.

“Arasso, arasso. I’ll definitely get back to visit you if I have the time, okay? If you’re lonely, you know where to talk, don’t you? Call me. Are you really okay by yourself?” He asked, a worried expression on his face.

“You know, I can always stay—“

“NO. You have to go. This chance is rare, Junhyung. You have to go, you have to pursue your dream. I don’t want to be a burden to you. So I think it’s better if we break up..” She cut his words, even before he could finish them.

He couldn’t believe it. The worried expression that was once on his face, had changed into a hurt expression.

“Tell me.. I heard it wrong.” He said, barely a whisper.

“No, Junhyung. This is the best for you and me. I want the best  for you-“

“But this is not the best for me!!”

“Listen to me!!” She said, cupping his face on her hands. He turned away, not wanting to look straight into her eyes. “Listen to me..” She caressed his cheeks softly, and he gave in.

“Please, this is my last wish before you go..”

“I’m not leaving!” He protested, peeling her hands from both of his cheeks. Tears started falling from her eyes, and she sighed. But she had decided, that despite his protests, she would never back out. Even if he’d hate her in the future, she knew she would have to face that.

“Junhyung.. please…” She whispered, arms dangling helplessly on both side of her body.

She was crying, and he hated that so much.

He gripped her shoulder, and with a firm squeeze, he said, “I am not leaving, okay? It’s you who should listen to me, I said, I am not—“

His sentence was cut with a kiss.

Once again, she cupped his face on her hands, and sealed his words with a kiss. She hoped he would stop saying those nonsensical words, she hoped he would just go.

He could feel her tears on that kiss. She pulled back, her gaze was still fixed on his eyes.

“I love you, and this is the best for us. If we were destined to be together, we will meet again in the future. Take care of yourself, okay? I’ll always pray for you.”

“I hate you, Kim Hyuna, I hate you.” Was all he said.

“This is all I can do for you, Junhyung.. Please, lead a happy life..”