~When he noticed me~

When he noticed me..

The city of Asahikawa, Hokkaido....

year 2004

________________________________________________________________________________

I wiped my face for the umpteenth time as the tears kept falling out of my eyes.

I AM NOT CRYING , *sigh* truth is I just went to the ophthamologist and got my eyes dilated thanks to that everything looked so bright I couldnt see a thing.  So here I am sitting outside my house all alone staring at my sketch pad. Its quite normal for a girl my age actually....considering the fact that I DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS.

      As I continued to scribble I heard someone call out.

" OI!!! 4 EYES!!!"

I looked up to see a pair of scrawny legs in front of my face I raised my head and put my hand in front of my face as the sunlight hit me in the eye. " what do you want? " I asked.

The boy held out his hand to me I couldnt see his eyes but I saw a smile form on his lips.

"  lets be friends ne?" he asked.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Tokyo...

     TTRRRRIIINGGGG!!!

     I woke up with a start as I looked to see my classmates packing up their bags to go home. It was then I realised that school had finally ended. I rubbed my tired eyes and looked at my unfinished drawing. It was a picture of a boy with his hand held out and a hand covering his eyes in short it was that boy I met 8 years ago. I sighed and shoved it in my folder.

" Ne Nakajima-kun you'll accompany me to the station right?".

I turned my head to see one of those gyaru girls from my class talking to Nakajima , who just so happened to be the most popular guy in the class.

" hmph.." I said to myself " wish I was that confident " I muttered to myself.

Truth is I dont have any friends ( I think I already mentioned that) I've always been so anti  social and invisible all my life it really hurts sometimes. Nobody ever notices me be it in class or a party or even at the train station!!. So whenever I feel lonely I look to the one thing i love the most...Art. I guess I could say im really good at it...my memory is really sharp so it captures images in a flash. As the class began to clear up I got up from my seat.

         I pushed up my glasses and threw my bag over my shoulders and walked out of the class.

" 'Gomen ne Saki..I cant accompany you " I heard Nakajima say as I left the classroom.

I looked at the time " 3:00 pm" I said to myself and looked through my folder to take a look at the picture i drew in class. As I flipped throught the pictures in my folder I realised it was missing.

" EH?!!" I yelled. ' I could have sworn I put it in here!! ' I thought ' Maybe its in school ' I thought and ran back in a hurry.

        I ran up the stairs in a hurry pushing past all the students I dont care what it takes... I NEED THAT PICTURE. I reached the class panting my lungs out the class was empty, I went up to my desk and looked around for the picture.

" Yabai!! Its not here!! " I said to myself. " Mou~!!" I yelled and kicked my chair.

" OI!! watch it!! thats school property you know?"  someone yelled.

I turned in the direction of the voice as a blinding flash of sunlight hit my eyes. I held my hand up to stop it and said " Dareka ?".

" Im on cleaning duty so watch it " he said.

I then squinted as I stared at the figure of a tall and lanky boy holding a mop in his hand.

" Nakajima...?" I asked.

" Eh? Speak up ne?" he said.

I then shook my head remembering why I came " Ano sa...did you see a drawing here? a pencil one?" I asked hoping he'd say 'Yes'.

His face went white " IT WAs YOURS?!!" he yelled.

I shook in fear and nodded.

" Ah...I thought it was trash and threw it out...GOMENASAI!!!" he yelled bowing.

" I..iyo.." I said.

       Nakajima dropped the mop and took hold of my hands. " I'll make it up to you I swear!! I'll i'll draw one just like it!!!" he said.

I raised an eyebrow there was an awkward silence between the two of us " Can you?" I asked.

He pouted and shook his head. I sighed " Daijobu I could always draw another one " I said and let go of his hands. " Mou~ I really really feel bad Sakurano-san...can I make it up to you some other way? ONEGAI?!!" he yelled.

I looked at him confused.

' How does he know my name? I mean EVEN THE TEACHER DOESNT KNOW MY NAME!!!!!! ' I thought

" Ano sa...how do you know my name?" I asked.

" Eh? What kind of a question is that?" he asked laughing.

" Gomen ne guess it was pretty dumb " I said.

" So..can I treat you to lunch? or maybe we could watch a movie or...maybe-"

" Uh...no thanks really.." I said.

" Let me walk you home!! Its the least I could do!!" he said.

I sighed , I was about to say no and looked at him literally begging me to say yes.

I pursed my lips " OK" I said.

" YATTA!!! " he yelled " Ikimasu ne?" he said taking my hand and dragging me out of class.

" Chotto! not so fast! " I yelled as he dragged me towards the school gate.

" Eh? did you say something?" he asked.

" Never mind " I said panting.

                The two of us then walked in the direction of my house. I noticed that he was a little more chatty than usual. The Nakajima from class is usually very cool and composed but right now..to me he sounded like a 5 year old.

" So tell me...what was it you drew exactly?" he asked.

I felt my blood rush up to my cheeks. Nakajima saw this and yelled " Yappari!! it was a guy right?" he asked.

" URUSAI!!!" I yelled and held my mouth " Gomenasai!!".

He raised an eyebrow " For what?" he asked.

" F..for yelling 'gomenasai' at you.." I said earning a light smack from him.

" That wasnt a yell baka!!" he said laughing as he walked ahead of me.

I turned my head to look at him ' He's got a really amazing aura to him..' I thought.

He then turned around to smile at me. I could have sworn I felt my cheeks get hot just then.

"Daijobu? your face is all red " he said. I shook my head .

' Baka-aya he's the most popular guy in school don't get so excited!! ' I thought/yelled to myself.

" OH~!! " I heard him yell..

" Ice cream!! " he yelled pointing to an ice cream van.

" Onegai? Can I please get some ?" he asked turning to me.

For the first time that day I smiled " Sure " I said.

He grinned and ran upto the icecream van pushing the other kids out of the way.

" Nii-chan watch it!!" one of the kids yelled. " Gomenasai.." Yuto muttered and ran back to me with two

ice cream cones in his hand.

" Hai " he said holding out one to me.

" You didnt have to " I said taking it from him.

" Dont tell me your one of those body obsessed girls " he said mockingly." you could use some fat on you" he said poking my cheeks.

" OI! " I yelled.

He laughed and took a of his ice cream ." Eating ice cream with friends is the best !!" he said.

" F..friends?" I said looking at him.

He turned back to me " AH!!  its spilling onto your hand!!" he said.

" Eh?" I looked to see my hand all sticky thanks to the ice cream.

" Kuso..." I muttered wiping it with a tissue.

I then turned to look at the time " 5 already?" I said.

" Doua?" Nakajima asked as he bit his cone.

" M..my curfew is at 5 " I said.

" EH?!! Why didnt you tell me?! Ikuzo!!" he yelled grabbing my hand and running in the direction of my house. " NOT SO FAAAAST!!!" I yelled.

        We ended up reaching my house exactly at 5:01 thats how fast we ran.

" ano.." I said as we stood panting outside my house " We didnt kill anybody did we?" I asked.

Nakajima shrugged " Maybe " he said.

" You didnt have to run so fast!! im not as athletic as you are!!" I said.

" Demo...it was past you curfew.." he said patting my head " dont be mad..".

I felt my cheeks turn hot as he patted my head " whatever.." I said.

" Well...I had fun today Sakurai-san well have more fun tommorow ne?" he said.

" Its Sakurano and didnt you say it right just a while back?" I asked.

" You didnt answer my question!" he said.

      It then hit me, 'Wait this is Nakajima Yuto we're talking about..he's the most popular guy in school. why would someone like him wanna hang out with someone as boring and plain as me?'. My mind dwelt on the fact that he was probably just doing this out of pity and would probably go back to being the cool guy who always ignored the shy people but I couldnt help but wish that he really meant every word he just told me.

I then forced a smile " Sure ".

" YATTA~!! " he cheered pumping his fist in the air. " Well ikimasu Jaa ne Sakurai-san! " he said as he waved goodbye.

" Its Sakurano!! " I yelled.

He turned around to give me another dose of his killer smile, I could have sworn I almost felt faint that time.

___________________________________________________________________________________

        " So who was this guy?" my mom asked as she served dinner.

" A friend" I said nonchalantly.

" *cough* boyfriend " my brother said. I gave him a creepy glare and he went back to eating.

" Come to think of it Aya hasnt had friends over in a while ne?" my Dad asked.

I felt my grip on my fork tighten as he said that. I hate it when someone rubs the fact that I dont have friends in my face especially my parents.

       " Im full...thanks for the food " I said getting up from the table.

As I walked towards my room I wiped away the tears on my cheeks and ignored my parents calls. I then opened the door to my room and lay down on my bed. As I fidgeted with my alarm clock I thought to myself.

' It sure was nice to have a friend after a long time '

______________________________________________________________________________________

       " Yabai Yabai!! " I yelled as I ran towards the classroom. I managed to reach the door of the classroom just as the final bell sounded.

I stood outside the door and took a deep breath, as I reached out for the handle someone else opened the door.  I closed my fist and pulled it back.

" Sumimasen did you wanna go in first?" he asked.

I looked up at him and shook my head.

" Oh..ok then " he said going inside. As I made a grab for the handle his face suddenly popped through the door grinning.

" Okamoto Keito desu anata?"

" Sakurano Aya desu.." I said a little scared considering the  fact that his face was only inches from mine and our noses were touching.

" Here you go " he said holding the door open for me.

" Arigatou " I said as I entered the classroom.

" Well see around ne? Jaa " he said going back to his seat.

           I then turned to see Yuto involved in a deep conversation with his friends. I sighed ' Its just as I thought...he's gone back to being the cool guy' . To think that i was stupid enough to think he'd wanna hang out with me. I then went to my seat at the back of the class and sat down just as the math teacher walked in. The math teacher then began to explain something about calculus. I the whipped out my sketch pad and began to draw the picture of the boy I met 8 years ago.

~FLASHBACK~

      I held out my hand as the boy pulled me up to my feet. I looked up to see him towering above me.

" S..sugoi..how old are you? " i asked.

" 10 sai desu " he said.

" Eh...your so tall!! " I said trying to measure the height difference between the two of us with my hands.

" Wakata i'll call you Kirin-chan!" I said grinning.

" Whatever you say " he said laughing, " Whats your name?".

" Sakurano Aya desu " I said. He then looked past me at my sketch pad and crayons and ran upto them.

" Your drawing?" he asked picking up one of the crayons.

I nodded. " Sugoi! ne ne you think you can draw me? and make a 'potato' of me?" he asked.

( A/N Im not sure what portrait means in Japanese but here Kirin-chan tries to pronounce it in english which is 'Portraito' in his case 'potato' XD )

I laughed " You mean 'portrait' right?" I asked.

" Yeah..Yeah that!! Hayaku hayaku! " he yelled and sat down in position.

      I picked up my crayons and drew a picture of a boy with dots for eyes, a big smiling mouth and with a mole under his left eye.

" Hai" I said turning it over to him.

" Woah~ your really good ne? " he said taking the sketch pad from me. " Can i keep it?" he asked.

" Mochiron!" I said as he tore it and stuffed it in his pocket.

" Now..." he said turning to look at me, " I'll draw you! ".

He then took the sketch pad from me and made me sit down in front of him. His portrait took about two minutes and when he turned it around to show me my jaw almost dropped to the floor. It was a big green blob.

" Baka! " i yelled whacking him several times.

" Itte! Itte! Gomen! " he yelled desperately trying to shield himself.

         Kirin-chan then turned to look at the sky which was now a beautiful shade of red. " Kirei deshou?".

" Hm? what are you talking about?" I asked.

" I came up all the way here to look at the sunset " he said and turned to me. " You see im not from here ".

" Uso! " I said.

He grinned " Im originally from Tokyo and todays the last day of my vacation here  " he said.

I frowned " Well...dont you like Hokkaido? Will you come back?" I asked.

" I'll definately come back! and we'll play together like this ok?" he said.

I nodded looking down at the floor. He then took hold of my hands " I have some time left lets play something ne?" he said grinning.

I looked up at him " UN~! " I said.

We played until Kirin-chans parents came uphill to get him down.

That was the last time I ever saw Kirin-chan.

~End of flashback~

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now...

      I looked down at my drawing of Kirin-chan and added the finishing touches. Just as I moved back to admire my masterpiece the final  bell sounded.

" Stand..Bow " sensei said and then left the room.

I then stood up and began to shove my books into my bag in a hurry. Just as I was about to put in the drawing someone picked it up.

" I knew it , its a guy " he said.

I didnt bother looking up at his face. " Im going home now can I have it back?" I asked.

" Eh? Arent we walking together? " he asked.

I looked up at Yuto with a blank expression. ' What is wrong with this guy? ' I thought.

" Nani?" he asked as I stared at him.

" Nandemonai " I said. " Ikou yo! " he said pulling my hand.

           ' What is wrong with this guy? One minute he's like 'OOh im untouchable' and now he's acting like one of those overly friendly type of guys..this is so weird. Its like he's a different person in school and a different person with me. As I was racking my head to reason out his weird behaviour he suddenly spoke up.

" We should do this everyday ".

I looked up at him " Eh?", he turned around to grin at me.

" Your like...my little stress buster " he said patting my head.

I gave him a light whack in the ribs " Dont mess around with me " I said blushing.

" Truth is walking home with you sort of calms me..y'know?" he said. " Im really glad i ran into you that day....Sakurai".

' Oh god...its beating so fast..' I thought anxiously as I listened to his ' sweet talk '. But I managed to put that aside and tell him the one thing that ws bugging me.

" Its Sakurano " I said.

He facepalmed " Hontouni gomenasai!! Can I just call you Aya? Its a lot easier " he said.

My eyes grew wide " Eh? Chot-".

" Aya-chan it is!! " he said throwing his fist in the air " You can call me Yuto-kun!" he said nonchalantly as he walked ahead of me.

      As I watched him move farther and farther away from me a word escaped my lips, barely a whisper.

" Yuto-kun " I said.

Yuto turned around to look at me and laughed.

" O..Oi! What are you laughing at?" I asked.

" Ya...the way you say 'kun' sounds cute " he said walking ahead.

" Baka.." I muttered to myself.

He turned around again and walked towards me. " what did you say?" he asked.

' sugoi...his hearing must be really sharp ' I thought as he shook the face of his watch in front of my face.

" Curfew!! " he said pullling my hand.

" Yuto-kun!! Chotto matte yo!" I yelled.

He then stopped and stared at the ground with a serious expression on his face. I looked at him in confusion and whispered " Ne..why'd we stop?". " Sh..." he said and bent down. ' Yabai!! ' I thought.

" You actually listened to me for once.." I said shocked.

" Eh? " he said turning around " No!! Look! " he then held a bug upto my face.

" KYYAAH!! " I yelled falling backwards. " Itte.." I said as I rubbed my behind.

" You dont like bugs? Funny you seemed like a bug person to me. Right Aya?" he asked the bug.

" Your naming a bug after me?!!" I yelled.

" Well....yeah I name them after people I know. I named a bug after Keito too " he said laughing.

            I smiled as I watched him admire the bug. As the two of us walked to my house he told me about his extensive collection of bugs. I also learnt that he played the drums too. Yuto was really something...well he may be two faced but he was someone with a really wacky personality which draws you to him... I know its too soon to say and its possible that I may be wrong but...I think i've fallen for him.

" Hai " he said as we came to stop exactly outside my house.

" Arigatou ne for today " I said as I smiled at him.

He then pointed to my face ( just like Ikuta Toma did in 'bokura ga ita' ).

" Y'know I think you'd make a really pretty girl if it werent for your specs " he said.

I touched my specs as I felt my heart race " Uso " I said.

He giggled " Who knows? I might actually date you Aya-chan!! " he said.

" Well Jaa mata ne~ " he said turning to go.

I squeezed the handle of my bag as I yelled " Yuto-kun!! ".

" Hai?" he asked.

" A..ano...tomorrow you'll walk home with me right?" I asked hoping he'd say 'yes'.

" You joking right? Of course we'll walk together!! " he said smiling." JAA!! ".

          I've actually began to look forward to these occational walks and its only been two days!.

" Tomorrow..." I said dreamily as I watched his figure fade away.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The next day..

     " EHHH?!!!" I yelled as I stared at the PE teacher in shock.

" Sakurano-san Onegaishimasu!! " he said bowing down at my feet.

" Demo...why me? " I asked.

" Ano..about that..all the students I asked had extra-curriculars after school and today is a REALLY important tennis match for our school and we NEED a manager" he said.

I looked at my sensei literally begging me to say yes and remembered Yuto.

' Well its just for today right? Its not gonna hurt anyone '

" I'll do it " I said.

         I ran back to class in a hurry after speaking to the PE teacher on reaching the class I stood at the door panting my lungs out as I scanned the class for Yuto. It wasnt that hard to find him, he was hanging out with group of friends as usual. I went up to him and cleared my throat. He had his back turned to me.

" Ahem...". No response.

" A..Ano.." I said, again no response. Keito seemed to be the only one who'd noticed.

" SUMIMASEN!!! " I yelled.

His friends turned to glare at me.

" What do you want?" a girl asked, I think her name was Shiori.

" Confession huh? " a guy asked as the crowd erupted into peals of laughter, Yamada ,I think

" Which one of us?" he asked.

" I hope its not me!! " a guy named Chinen yelled. Laughter filled the room.

" So why are you here?" another girl asked, her name was Emi.

" Ano..Yuto-kun " I whispered.

       I heard him heave a sigh as he turned around to face me with a bored expression on his face.

" What do you want? " he asked in an unfriendly tone.

' This must be his so-called 'cool mode' '. I thought.

" Ano...I was asked to be the manager for the tennis team today, so I dont think we can walk home together " I said.

Everyone in class began to whisper among themselves.

" WHAT?!! they're going out?!"

" No way!!! "

" I thought Nakajima had a little more taste "

" Yuu-chan! what is she talking about?" a girl named Saki asked.

        Yuto gave a killer glare to the people in class and turned back to me.

" So what does it have to do with me?" he asked.

I blinked in confusion " What do you mean? We've-".

" Dont get the wrong idea " he said interrupting me.

" I just took pity on you...I mean its not your fault you dont have any friends is it?" he asked mockingly.

I held my breath to keep myself from tearing up but failed as the tears fell on my cheeks.

" Great..now your crying!! Look there was nothing between us and there never will be got it? " he asked.

" Gomen..." I said and looked him straight in the face "...for thinking you were a good person ".

       I then walked back towards my seat wiping away the tears and ignoring the glares I got from my classmates.

" Hey!! If you do wanna look decent get rid of the those things on your eyes!!" Yuto yelled as his gang erupted into peals of laughter.

" Good one!! " I heard Chinen yell.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Later that day....

        " Stupid Yuto-kun!! " I yelled as I drew a moustache on his portrait that I worked so hard on.

As  was adding a huge ugly mole to his face I heard someone call out.

" YO!!"

I quickly crushed the portrait until it was the size of my palm. " Ohayo Okamoto-san " I said cooly. I then noticed he was a carrying a tennis racquet with him. He noticed me staring hard at the racquet and said " Im a part of the tennis team ".

" Ah..souka well it was pretty obvious " I said giving a lifeless laugh.

Keito the put the racquet on the floor and sat down next to me. " Daijobu desu ka?" he asked.

" Un! Daijobu desu! " I said and turned to look at him raising an eyebrow at me.

I sighed " I feel crushed " I said.

" Y'know Yuto didnt mean what he said back there " he said.

" It sounded pretty convincing to me " I said sarcastically.

" Look you and I know what the real Yuto is like dont we?" he asked.

" The Yuto that spoke to me in class was the real Yuto " I said as my voice shook a bit.

" NEXT MATCH!!! OKAMOTO KEITO VS SASAKI HIKARU!!!" the refree called.

" Im up next " he said getting up.

" Aya-san " he said lifting my face towards his.

I watched in shock as he pinched my cheeks " Cheer up ne? We'll figure this out together ok?" he asked.

" H...hai.." I said in shock as he let go of my face and made his way towards the court.

__________________________________________________________________________________

    Meanwhile...

         " EEH~ Keito-kun seems to like that nerdy girl ne? Yuu-chan?" Saki asked turning to Yuto.

The two of them were watching the tennis match from afar. Yuto just glared at Aya who had her hands to her cheeks and was blushing like crazy. He smirked.

" Lets just focus on the game " he said.

The game began , while Saki was playing close attention to every detail of the game while Yuto kept a close watch on every move made by Aya. In the middle of the game Aya got up from her seat and began to cheer for Keito. Yuto felt a pang of jealousy just watching her yell, " Gambatte!! Keito-san!! ". the game was finally nearing its finish the last ball was served by Keito, it bounced into the oppenents court as he just missed it by an inch.

" YATTA!! I made an ace!! " Keito yelled throwing his fists in the air as the crowd cheered for him.

" YAY!!! Keito-kun!! " Saki yelled.

" Keep it down will you?" Yuto said and turned back to the court to see Keito hugging Aya.

Yuto watched the scene unfold before his eyes as Keito ruffled her hair.

" Yappari I guess Keito-kun does like her after all " he heard Saki say.

__________________________________________________________________________________

  The next day....

        " Where the heck is that idiot?!!" Emi yelled impatiently stomping her foot. " ITTE!! " she yelled.

" Your wearing six inch pencil heels..you should be careful" Yamada said.

" What do YOU know shorty?" Shiori asked.

" Omoi..." Yamada said in anger.

Yuto sighed as he watched his friends fight among themselves. To celebrate his win in the tennis tournament Keito decided to take his friends out to karaoke. He had decided the time and meeting place, but he hadnt arrived yet. Yuto then heard his phone ring, he picked it up and looked at the caller id.

" Its Keito " he said and hit the answer button " Moshi mosh?".

" Ah..Yuto-kun gomen ne i'll probably arrive a bit late so can you guys wait inside?" he asked.

Yuto sighed " Hai..wakata " he said and hung up, he then turned to his friends, " Ikou ".

         The 6 of them then entered the dim lit room and sat down on the multi coloured couch set in the center of the room. Yuto suddenly felt a tap land on his shoulder and looked to see Yamada sipping his drink.

" Nani?" he asked.

" What wrong with you? You've been since we got here whats up?" he asked.

Yuto frowned " Nandemonai " he said.

The door to the room then slammed open and a loud " YO!!! " was heard.

Yuto looked up to see Keito at the door holding onto someones hand.

__________________________________________________________________________________

         ' God this is so embaressing..' I thought to myself as I held onto Keito's hand.

" Keito-kun Who's that?" Shiori asked pointing to me.

I then looked up at everyone in the room who seemed to be staring at me with a look of shock/surprise on their faces especially Yuto. He looked as though he had just seen ...well..big foot.

I smiled at them " Sakurano Aya desu yoroshiku " I said bowing.

" Ah...Kawai...how come we've never seen you in class before?" Chinen asked.

' Guess they dont recognize me without glasses ' I thought.

" Ano...lets sit down ne?" Keito asked.

I nodded and sat down at the edge of the couch next to Keito.

" I love what your wearing!!" Saki yelled.

I blushed " Arigatou ne " I said. I wore a white lace top with a denim jacket and a mini skirt with stockings.

" Aya-san was the manager in yesterdays match so I decided to bring her " Keito said.

" Well...we've never met Aya-chan before..what about you Yuto?" Yamada asked Yuto.

I noticed a tinge of red on his cheeks.

" We've met before " I said.

" EH?! Maji kayo?" Chinen yelled.

" Why didnt you tell me? You could have linked us up!" Yamada hissed nudging Yuto's shoulder.

" Omoi.." Yuto said.

" Well lets start the singing ne?" Emi said grabbing the mike.

___________________________________________________________________________________

       As Shiori and Emi sang a duet. Yuto couldnt help but keep glancing at Aya and Keito who seemed to be inching closer and closer to each other. Yuto kept watching, when Keito turned to say something in Aya's ear , Yuto lost it. He slammed his drink down on the table and walked towards them.

" We need to talk " he said facing Aya.

" Doue?" she asked, Yuto didnt answer and grabbed her by the hand and dragged her outside.

" Well that was weird " Chinen remarked as the two of them left the room.

Keito grinned to himself, his plan was executed perfectly.

__________________________________________________________________________________

      " Yuto-kun Matte!!! " I yelled as he pulled me by the hand towards the end of the hallway.

He finally let go of my hand and turned to me " What the hell are you doing?!!" he yelled.

I raised an eyebrow and folded my hands across my chest " Why do you care?" I asked.

Yuto blushed " I dont like it " he said.

" EH?"

He looked me in the eye " I dont like you dressing like that in front of other guys especially Keito ".

" Well its got nothing to do with you does it?" I asked as my voice shook " You just took pity on me because I was a loner ".

Yuto pushed me back against the wall. I just stood there shocked, his face was only inches from mine and our noses were almost touching.

" Listen to me" he said. " Im sorry for what I said in class, I didnt mean it at all. Its just that...I let my arrogance get the best of me ".

" Your always the cool guy right? Why do you act so cheerful with me and Keito?" I asked.

" I only cared about being noticed " he said, " and I figured people wouldnt accept me for the real me".

" I would never ever dream about hurting anybody with my words especially you " he said.

I noticed tears in his eyes as he looked me in the eye and said " Will you forgive me?" he asked.

I smiled and nodded. He then pulled me into a tight hug.

        I was pretty shocked but eventually found myself hugging him back. " Arigatou" he muttered and let go of me.

" Your Kirin-chan was really mean to you ne?" he asked.

' Kirin-chan..?' I thought, " Ne how do you..?" I asked as he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and unfolded it.

He held it up to me and I gasped. It was the drawing I gave to Kirin-chan many years ago.

" You didnt recognize me did you?" he asked.

" Not at all " I said.

" I wish I'd told you earlier we could have been friends ne?" he asked.

" We could always start over " I said.

" Sounds good demo...looking at you now I dont think I wanna do that " he said.

" Eh?" I said and he brought his face next to my ear.

" I want us to be more than friends...Aieru " he said.

My eyes grew wide as I turned my head to face him he took my face in my hand and kissed me. My eyes grew wide and as if by impulse I slapped him.

" Itte!! What was that for?!" he yelled.

" I dont like to be kissed so suddenly.." I said blushing.

" I'll keep that in mind " he said laughing he suddenly stopped " Chotto I didnt get your answer".

I grinned and went upto him, I then held onto his jacket, stood on my tip toes and kissed him.

" Yes " I said.

" Mou~ Yamete yo!!!" Yuto yelled blushing.

" Kimochi warui desu ka?" I asked.

" Yada..KIMOCHI URESHI DESU!!! " he said.

" Well we'd better go the others will be waiting " I said taking his hand.

          As the two of us walked towards the room Yuto stopped and turned to me.

" You like Keito right? thats why you dressed up so nicely" he said.

" Chigau yo! You said I'd look better without glasses so.." I said.

" I was right!" he said happily.

           We took almost 8 years to find each other well...thats how long I took. I finally found my Kirin-chan after so long I couldnt ask for anything more. Now that I think about im really glad I forgot that picture in class that day.

________________________________~The END~______________________________________

How long ago did I post this fic? :P

Im really sorry it took so long I've been really busy of late :((

So what do you guys think? <3

Another one shot complete :D

Was it good? Bad? average?

Do leave a comment ne? ;)

Thanks for reading!

I apologize for the MANY errors I made in this fic :'(

So thanks again minna-san!!

JAA~!!

-kaze27