Bestfriends But...

Bestfriends But...

I thought my heart stopped beating for a second. There by the door stood the most beautiful or should I say the only beautiful girl alive. My heartbeat seemed to quicken as the girl skipped to the seat next to me. Blink. Blink.

“Cole ah…”

“Hmm?” Nicole looked at me with questions written all over her face.

“YAH! Why are you so dressed up? “I asked her disbelieved.”It’s only school. Who are you trying to impress huh?”

Right at that moment I regretted saying what I have just said to her.

~~~

“YAH! Why are you so dressed up? “Key asked me with disbelieved all over his face.”It’s only school. Who are you trying to impress huh?”

“Just someone special. Why? At least I put effort in my appearance. “I tried my best not to look disappointed. I was hoping he compliment me. You’re the reason I woke early in the morning, even though I hate waking early, to put effort in my appearance.  Can’t you see right through me how every second I am yearning for you to know that you’re more than a friend?

“Not like someone.” I look at him up, down and up again. “Look at yourself in the mirror.Pfft.”

No. Key looked great. In fact he looked hotter than that soccer captain, Jung Minho. Gosh I can’t believe I am bad mouthing my own twin brother. What the hell? Can’t help it if it’s true though.

~~~

Right at that moment. That very moment. Everything broke into a million piece.

“Just someone special.” Jung Nicole has someone else in her heart right now. I felt like leaving Earth and staying on some other planet. I totally zoned out until she looked at me up and down. Why was she looking at me in that kind of manner? Did she saw how heartbroken I was?

“Look at yourself in the mirror.Pfft.”

“Yah! AT least I’m thinner than you!” I tried to make a comeback. Relieved she did not see through me.

“You!” If it’s not for Miss Park who came in, I swear I would have been beaten out of the daylight by Nicole.

Every now and then I would look at my side to see her profile. Gosh, she looks beautiful even when she’s pouting.

~~~

I would glance sideways every now and then to look at what he is doing. He looked so engrossed in Miss Park teaching. Hmmm... Wait! I thought he hated History. OMG! Don’t tell me he has a thing for Miss Park. I know she’s beautiful and all but… Guess it was never meant to be. *pouts*

~~~

(A few months later)

“Cole! Here’s your graduation present.” I passed her a letter. I won’t be seeing her anymore. She’ll be going to America while I'll stay here.  Pain stabbed through my heart just thinking of not being able to see her smile, her tears, hear her laugh and see her stomping cutely when she doesn’t get what she wants. I put a wide smile to cover up for what I am feeling inside and reached out my arm.

Nicole looked at me quizzically. Gosh, she sure is slow.

“My present? My, I am so hurt. I can’t believe my best friend did not prepare me  a graduation present.” One hand on my head and the other on my heart, I tried my best to look disappointed even though I already am.

“Heheh. Sorry. Here.” She passed me an envelope.”Read this when you are at home.”

“Guess this will be the last that I see of you?”

“No, silly. I’ll try to get back here when I can.”

“Nicole. We have to go now, dear.” Mrs. Jung called out.

I nodded to  Mrs. Jung’s direction indicating that Nicole should go now. Nicole pulled me into a bear hug.

“Promise me you will never forget me” And with that she ran to her car.

I never will, Nicole. I never will. By now tears were threatening to flow down.

 

I took out the letter from the envelope.

“Hey.  I guess this is where I have board my plane and you missing me already right? Keke. ^^ Kim Kibum. You will forever and always be the best friend that I have.  I will always love and vherish the memories that we had. Gosh, I am  always beating round the bush. Alright, straight to the point. I have always wanted to tell something but I just do not have the courage for it.”

~~~

Tap. Tap. Tap. Gosh, I am so bored without Kibum with me. I can’t believe me Minho passed out just after half an hour in the plane. Urgh! Look at him snoring. I bet none of the girls who are his so-called fans will like him anymore once they see him in this state.I wonder what Kibum is doing right now. Kibum! I took out the letter that he gave me.

“Nicole! Finally we have graduate. You will continue your studies in America and me here, in Seoul. I guess I am a coward huh? I never had the courage to tell you this when I had countless of chance to”

~~~

“You don’t how it felt for me. Everyday wanting to see your face. I will get distracted by you every time I tried to concentrate in class. The feeling of my heart melting when I see your smile,when you are staring at me. “

~~~

“ The way my heart hurt when I see you sad or hurt. The way my heart tingles when you hold my hand. The way you pout and stomp when you don’t get what you want. The way your eyes sparkle when you see something that you like.”

~~~

“The way you light up my whole world. I really like being friends with you because I get to be by your side. I don’t want any of our memories to perish. I can’t confess to you because I don’t want to break our friendship. You are the most special friend I ever had and will always have. Every time I look at you, you just look at me as a friend. When I realized that you treat me as nothing more than a friend my heart hurts without me knowing. You are my everything. You will always be in my heart. You will live there forever. I will never get rid of you. Forgive this fool.

♥Kibum/Nicole

You are my best friend but”

~~~

“You will never be my girlfriend.

I guess you will never feel the same about me huh?”

~~~

“You will never be my boyfriend.

I guess you never felt the same towards me.”

~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So what do you think?

I'm still not sure if I want to do a sequel to this story.

I hope you enjoyed this KeyCole story of mine.