Ten.

My Robot Girlfriend~

 

Dong Hyun's POV:

Kring!

"and that is all we have for today. Be sure to study for the quiz we will be having next week. enjoy your weekend and goodbye."

"goodbye Im seongsaengnim!" we chorused.

 "omo omo why is she here?"

"I don't know, she's in the mass com department right?"

"does she know anyone here?"

"maybe Dong Hyun."

I stopped packing my things when I heard my name. What in the world are they gossiping about?

"Hi Dong Hyun!"

"Told ya." my classmate said before heading out.

"Ah, yumi! what are you doing here?"

she seemed like she was looking for someone.

"So, Athena's not here?"

"Ah ania, it raining today...."

"So?"

Oh no. Why did I say that?

"Oh, uh, she.... hates rain, so she doesn't want to go out when it's raining..."

Whew. that was close.

"So is it okay if we go to the mall?"

"What? why?"

"Oh, it's not what what you think! I'm just being friendly and all... It's okay if you're busy and-"

"Oh no it's not that! HAHAHA! I was kinda surprised that you invited me, out of all the people in this campus, and you're most known for not talking to other people..."

"If that was true, then why would I be talking to you?" yeah, she has a point...

"kaja?"

At the mall....

We just finished shopping. We were eating in a restaurant, with A++ high quality beef. I can't even believe my eyes when I saw the glistening meat. Only rich people can dine here, I have no right to eat this meat.

"Yah! Why spacing out all of a sudden? eat..."

"ah, sorry, it's just that..."

"the meat is too expensive for you to eat?"

"Ah, how did you know?"

She put down her chopsticks. She looks kinda down too.

"This was the reason why I was snobbish. Everyone I'm with, they only concern about my money, not me. They wouldn't eat what I eat, because they think they're too poor to eat it. I never think of it that way. You all, students of UI, you all are equal to me. There is no rich or poor when it comes to friendship...."

A tear fell on her eye. Oh no! Eottokhae? I didn't do anything! I went near her and wiped the tears that continued to fall down her face.

"Aish, please don't cry.... The people are staring at us. They thought I made you cry... It's okay, maybe people were just surprised at you, of how friendly you are.... Usually people like you, they don't care about others and just care about themselves. Blame the media, thay always portray rich people like that..."

she laughed at my remark.

"Thank you.... for making me feel better... Dong Hyun, can I ask you a favor?"

"Huh? what?"

"Will you be my best friend and lunch buddy?"

woah woah woah! this is happening all so fast! And to think, I'm not only a best friend, but I also get to eat with her during breaks! 

"Oh, uh.... I don't know.... What about William and Vern?"

I got suprised as she leaned her head on my chest. She continued to cry.

"I was desperate for lunch buddies during the second semester last school year.... They were the ones who approached me, and I had no other choice. Please Dong Hyun. Please?"

"Arasseo, arasseo.... But what about Athena?"

"Oh, yeah... Well I'm just gonna join you during lunch, no malice."

"But you study at the SS building..."

"You worry too much. SS building is just across the IT building."

"Okay, arasseo. So, on monday? yes. Oh look, it's already 8:30. Do you want a lift home?"

"Oh uh, no need. I'll just text Athena."

"oh. uh... so... yeah... see you on monday..."

I can't believe what is happening! It's like we were on a date! Do I look like I'm cheating on Athena? oh whatever, our relationship's not even real! I decided to call her so she can fetch me. I guess the rain has stopped now... But then, I heard a phone. somewhere near me, ringing too. Wow, what a coincidence. I hanged up. the ringing stopped too. I called again. The ringing started again. Was Athena here with us?

Yumi's POV:

I wanna acommpany Dong Hyun back to his house so I can know where he lives. This may be really really weird, but I really really like him now. I don't care if he already has a girlfriend. I get what I want. And I wanna have Dong Hyun.

Athena's POV:

I hate rain! ugh, of all days. I wonder what Dong Hyun is doing at school now? Aish he should be here by now! Where is that guy?

"yah. yah athena! yah answer the phone! YAH! AISH!" that was my ringtone. Dong Hyun recorded his voice so I would not miss him when he's away.

"Yoboseyo? Yah Dong Hyun- ah! Where are you?!"

"Oh, I guess you're waiting for his call..."

oh? who's this?

"Seong Jae? is that you?"

"HAHA! I thought you'd never know."

"Oh, hi! sorry for shouting at you earlier, but how did you get my number?"

"I got it from your cellphone when you weren't looking..."

"Aish you!"

"HAHAHAHA! So anyway, are you busy today? Let's go to the mall...."

Oh no. 2 things why I can't? 1. Dong Hyun's orders. PEOPLE MIGHT MISUNDERSTAND. 2. It's raining outside. I HATE rain.

"Ah, actually..."

"Athena, don't say no. I'm already at your front door."

Mwo??? I opened the door... And there he is.

"And how did you know where I live?"

"It's also in your phone? Are you forgetful Athena? You even wrote 'ADDRESS. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.' you're funny. I like you."

"You what?"

"I mean, ah, your.... fun...niness...."

"Ah, yeah...."

"So, let's go?"

"Look I'd really like to go but-"

He opened a thing that looks like an upside down satelite dish.

"What is that?"

"An umbrella? To protect us from rain?"

I didn't know they invented those kinds of things.

"Aish, okay let's go."

"Yey!" he skidded in the rain and almost got me wet.

When we got to the mall however, he took me to a luxurious restaurant.

"Sit." he helped me sit too.

"Waiter! One order of this, and umm..... a cup of olive oil."

the waiter seemed surprised that Seong Jae ordered oil but carried on.

"I'll just go to the comfort room." I'm gonna text Dong Hyun that I'm not at home, but then I saw someone crying on a man's shoulder.... Is that.... Dong Hyun and Yumi?! What the hell?!?! I immediately went back to my seat.

"Why? is there a problem?"

"Nothing nothing. Can we get out of here now?"

"Oh, okay. But-"

My phone started ringing. Caller ID: Seo Dong Hyun!