07

Unplanned Happiness

 

07

Siwon and Nana were the only ones left in the house that morning. Halmeoni had gone to the women’s gathering. Nana was already up a while ago while Siwon was still in his sweet little dream.

“Good morning..” Nana whispered to Siwon’s ear, trying to wake him up but it was futile. Siwon didn’t even move an inch.

“Good morning…” She whispered again. A little bit louder this time but again it was not working.

“Alright, Mr.Choi. I guess you want me to do this the hard way huh?” Nana smirked.

Nana warmed up and moved her lips to Siwon’s left ear. “Good morning!!” She shouted to Siwon’s ear and of course, it worked. Siwon’s body jolted up upon hearing that.

“Yah!” Siwon snapped. That wasn’t the morning greeting that he had expected. On the other side, Nana was laughing her pretty off. Siwon’s face when he jolted up was priceless.

“Seriously, can’t you wake me up nicely?”

“I did. Twice! But you lazybum just won’t move an inch so I decided to wake you up the hard way.” Nana chuckled.

“But still, you don’t have to shout like that. What if I have a heart attack?” Siwon whined.

“Then, I’ll give you CPR. Simple right?” Nana teased and chuckled shortly after.

Siwon just heaved a sigh. He was too sleepy to counter Nana.

“Okay I’m sorry. Now, stop complaining and get ready. We have some touring to do.” Nana said.

“Give me five minutes.” Siwon said as he laid back down on the bed.

“Come on. Get up you lazybum Choi Siwon!” Nana said as she pulled Siwon’s hand and tried to pull him up and smacked Siwon’s like every mother would do to wake their child up. She sure had gotten way too comfortable with her husband right now. She even dared to smack his .

When Nana loosened her grip on Siwon’s wrist, Siwon quickly held her hand and pulled her down to the bed with him. He locked her tightly in an embrace with his left hand and closed his eyes.

“I said, just give me five minutes. Why you never listen?” Siwon mumbled while Nana was still quite taken aback by Siwon’s action. She just froze there in Siwon’s embrace not knowing what to do.

Little by little, Siwon was getting more and more comfortable with her. Nana was slowly adjusting to all the skinships that they had which felt really surreal to her because all these times, she could feel the distance between them, mostly because of Siwon’s coldness and avoidance. She was glad Siwon was slowly opening another side of him which she never thought he had.

“Your hair smells good. What shampoo did you use?” Siwon randomly asked while his eyes were still closed and he turned his head a lil bit to the left and buried his nose into Nana’s hair. He just loved that smell.

“Shut up. Just go back to sleep. You only have five minutes left.” Nana said as she steadied her head on Siwon’s chest.

Gosh, I love this side of you, Siwon.

---

Siwon and Nana were strolling along the road enjoying the fresh air and tranquil sound of nature. Nana showed him around, pretty much everything in her hometown.

“Where are we going next?” Siwon asked.

“My own version of heaven.”

“Heaven huh? That’s deep.” Siwon snorted.

“You hear that baby? Your mommy has her own version of heaven. Deep huh?” Siwon said as he touched Nana’s bump.

“Baby, your daddy is just jealous of mommy because he doesn’t have any place to call as his heaven.” Nana said she cradled her bump.

“Ay, I do have one okay.”

“Whatever. You’ll find out soon enough why I called it heaven.” Nana smirked and chuckled lightly.

“And there’s someone I want to introduce you to.” Nana said.

“Who?”

“You’ll see.”

---

After more than 10 minutes walking, they finally arrived at Nana’s ‘heaven’. The place was quite secluded and not really visible from the main road. Upon arriving there, they were greeted by a beautiful panorama of green nature and a mini waterfall in which the clear water was streaming down steadily to the small glittering stream. Nana was right, that place deserved to be called heaven.

“Wow…” That was the only word Siwon could utter upon seeing the beautiful sight. He was completely dazed.

“Beautiful right?” Nana smiled in which Siwon just replied with a nod.

“Told ya.” Nana giggled.

“Come.” Nana brought Siwon to the side of the stream and sat at the boulders beside the stream.

“How did you know about this place?” Siwon asked.

“Well, my grandparents always brought me here when I was a kid.”

“At this place, my grandpa sits and plays his harmonica. He would play any random songs and I would just sit here enjoying his music.”

“My grandpa told me that he proposed to grandma at this place. That was why they always celebrate their anniversary here together, just the two of them. Romantic huh?” Nana smiled.

“A few years back, when he died, his ashes were thrown into this stream just like he wanted.”

“That particular year was the hardest year for me. I lost a big part of my life…”

“When he died, I...I…” Nana choked as she tried to hold back her tears while reminiscing about her grandpa.

Siwon scooted closer and embraced Nana.

“Don’t hold it in. Just spill it all out.” Siwon said as he caressed Nana’s hair.

Soon enough, Nana broke down in his embrace. She was sobbing on Siwon’s chest.

“I miss him Siwon. A lot...” Nana said in between her sobs.

“I know…” Siwon tried to soothe Nana. He was also trying to hold back his tears.

---

“Are you okay now?” Siwon asked.

Nana nodded faintly.

“Thanks.” Nana smiled faintly. Her eyes looking a bit swollen and her cheeks looking a lil bit flushed.

Nana slowly got up on her feet.

“Where are you going?” Siwon asked when he saw Nana stood up.

“Come. I told you, there’s someone I want to introduce you to right?” Nana smiled as she extended her left hand to Siwon.

Siwon grabbed her hand and followed her.

“Harabeoji! I want to officially introduce you to my husband, Choi Siwon.” Nana said as she faced the stream.

Ah..she wants to introduce me to her grandpa.

“Annyeonghaseyo Harabeoji! I’m your grandson-in-law, Choi Siwon.” Siwon formally introduced himself and bowed, facing the stream.

It would’ve been better if I could introduce myself to you in person, Harabeoji.

---