Don't Be so Shy next time

I Always Will Love You (ONE-SHOT)

 

~Elementary School (7 years old)~

“Annyeonghaseyo! I am Lee HyunkJae! I hope we can be good friends!” The new student Hyukjae bowed to his class.

“HyukJae please go sit in that seat over there.” The teacher pointed to an empty seat by the door. HyukJae went to his seat and sat down. He had transferred over to the school because of his fathers work. Hyukjae’s father wasn’t anyone big and he didn’t own a company like a lot of popular kids, though for him he was really known for his cute looks. He moved so his father could find a better job.

The class started and the students listened to the teacher carefully. Lunch time soon came to the students.

“Annyeonghaseyo Hyukjae! I am Donghae! Would you like to eat lunch with me?” Donghae asked the new student.

“I don’t mind!” Hyukjae nodded.

“Okay! I’ll show you to the lunch room!” Donghae said and Hyukjae followed Donghae out of the classroom. They had gotten food and sat down at an empty lunch table. They had talked to each other to get to know each other more.

~10 Years later~

“That’s the story of how I met my first love.” Hyukjae nodded as his friend Shindong was quietly listning on the other side of the room.

“So you haven’t confessed to Donghae yet?” Shingdong asked, he had a confused expression on his face.

“Ani… I hope that I can do that sometime soon.” Hyukjae replied shaking his head.

“You should do it soon!” Shindong exclaimed.

“I want it to be sweet! Not rushed.” Hyukjae commented.

“Well, I have a question about this.” Shingdong stated.

“What’s that?” Hyukjae said looking up from his hands.

“How long have you like Donghae?” He asked looking at Hyukjae curiously.

“Seven years ago.” He simply replied.

“So when you were ten?” He asked another question.

“Yes..” Hyukjae replied.

“Oh, okay. Well I have to go now. You will confess to Donghae soon, or there will be consequences.” Shindong said and left the room.

Once Shindong had left the room Hyukjae laid down on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

“I love you Lee Donghae.” Hyukjae whispered and he looked around his room. He started to think of the ways that he could confess his love. Donghae and Hyukjae would act like a couple sometimes but in reality they were only just friends. And that JUST FRIENDS hurt Hyukjae’s heart a lot. He wanted to be more. He never really that he could start thinking of his friend like that but in the end he did.

Hyukjae stood up and and grabbed some pajamas and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Once he got out of the shower he had brushed his teeth and washed his face and laid down on his bed to go to sleep.

~

“Donghae-ah~” Hyukjae called.

“Hmm?” Donghae said looking over at Hyukjae.

“Do you love me?”  Hyukjae asked.

“Bwo?! What do you mean?” Donghae asked confused it was his first time for his friend to be asking him such a question so he didn’t really know how to reply.

“Just answer Yes or No. Do you love me?” Hyukjae repeated the question.

“I …..” Donghae paused trying to look for the right words to say. “I..don’t know.” Donghae said looking down.

“Oh okay.” Hyukjae said and walked away. “Somehow I knew he would say that.” Hyukjae stated as a tear slid down his cheek.

~

“Thank god that was only a dream! That would have been the lamest confession ever!” Hyukjae exclaimed as he woke up.

“What was a dream? What woulda been the lamest confession?” A voice asked. Hyukjae quickly looked over to where to voice came from.

“Donghae-ah. Don’t scare me like that. What are you doing here?” Hyukjae asked with a sigh of relief to see his friend sitting across from his bed.

“I  wanted to hang out with someone and you were the first person that popped in my head.” Donghae smiled as he walked over and sat on the edge of Hyukjae’s bed.

“Oh, what do you want to do?” Hyukjae asked looking at him curiously.

“We can go to the amusment park! Or the water park, since it’s a really hot summer.” Donghae suggested.

“I like the idea of the water park. I’m gonna change first.” Hyukjae said as he threw the cover off of him and grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom to change. Once he was done changing he walked back to his room to see Donghae lying down on his bed.

“Hey Hyukie.” Donghae said raising up.

“What is it?” Hyukjae asked putting his pajamas in the corner of his room.

“Your room will continue to be a mess if you do that.” Donghae pointed at the pajamas.

“Shut your mouth and lets go.” Hyukjae said and pulled Donghae off of his bed and dragged him downstairs. Once he got downstairs he put his shoes on and they both went outside.

“So do you want to walk or drive to the water park? Hyukjae asked.

“I would rather drive.” Donghae nodded.

“Okay.” Hyukjae said and the two walked to the car. Hyukjae started the car up and drove out of the driveway and headed to the water park. The drive there was very silent, as for Hyukjae he was tired and didn’t really know what to say to Donghae at the moment. Donghae on the other hand was looking out the window watching the scenery as he drove by.

“We are here.” Hyukjae said as he pulled in the driveway.

At the waterpark Hyukjae and Donghae played many water games and went to the pull to go swimming and rode a lot of waterrides. By the time they were done it was already getting dark.

“Are you hungry Donghae-ah?” Hyukjae asked.

“Yeah! It was a long day wasn’t it Hyukie?” Donghae asked and looked over at Hyukjae with a smile.

“Yes it was.” He said and got in the car. “Now, we’re do you want to go.” He asked as he started the car.

“The usual place.” He replied.

Hyukjae drove the car there. It was a very short drive as the restaurant wasn’t that far from the water park. He pulled in the parking lot of the restaurant and stopped the car.

“Donghae…” Hyukjae stated and looked over.

“What is it Hyukie?” Donghae asked looking over.

“Can..I tell you something?” Hyukjae asked.

“Of course you can!” Donghae said smiling.

“You promise not to freak out or anything? This won’t ruin our dinner together right?” Hyukjae asked before he was going to tell Donghae what he wanted to tell him.

“I really hope not.” Donghae joked and chuckled.

“Oh… well… I…” Hyukjae paused looking for the right words. Donghae was looking at him curiously. “I love..you Donghae.” He said and quickly hid his face so he wouldn’t be embarresed.

Donghae had stared at his friend wide eyed for a while. It took him a moment to take in the words that his friend had said. Donghae had actually like Hyukjae for a while, and never told him about it because he didn’t want to ruin his friendship with Hyukjae.

“So…do you want to have dinner still?” Hyukjae asked looking back up at Donghae.

“Let’s go in..” Donghae nodded his head and got out of the car and went in. They were both silent and sat down at a table and were given menus to choose what they would want to eat.

“Hyukie..” Donghae said looking from his menu.

“Hmm?” Hyukjae answered still looking at his menu. He wasn’t actually looking at the stuff on the menu he was just using it to hide his face from Donghae.

“Is it true?” Donghae asked pulling Hyukjae’s menu out of his hand.

“Why would I lie about that?” Hyukjae said trying to get his menu back, but in the end failed.

“Well, I love you too.” Donghae replied and leaned over the table to kiss Hyukjae. He gave Hyukjae a sweet and innocent kiss. He pulled away and gave the menu back to Hyukjae. “ And don’t be so shy next time.” He said as he winked.