Pursuit of Happiness

Monday will never be over

After filming, my back was hurting, I kept hitting my back as the PD came over and looked at me.

“Are you okay Jihyo?” He asked as I smiled and nodded.

“Yeah I’ll be okay” I smiled as I decided to take a walk since filming was over anyways and everyone was starting to leave. When Gary was my partner during filming, it felt as if I was always happy, like someone was always there to protect me, but when he isn’t there and someone else is there, it’s as if, my brother or sibling just took care of me. Some sort of feelings grew towards to Gary, but I wasn’t sure if he was doing it for the fans, or for himself. I sighed as I kicked a rock on the ground, walking near the school. I decided to take a walk inside the school since it’s been awhile since I have been in a school also. Classrooms gave me memories during high school, having fun with your friends and teachers. I stopped as I heard a noise come out of one of the room. I closed my eyes as I could hear a piano melody as I walked closer to it, getting louder each time. I stopped as I spotted Gary playing on the piano as I looked at him, not realizing that he saw me.

“Oh?” Gary said as he turned around. “Hey Jihyo” He smiled as he waved at me.

“Hey Gary~” I smiled as I waved at him. “I didn’t know you could play on the piano.” I said quite surprised.

“Yeah, it’s a hidden talent of mine” He whispered as if it was suspicious smiling, I laughed as I nodded, looking at the piano. “Do you play also?” Gary asked, so that the aura wouldn’t be so awkward. I shook my head.

“I have never learnt how to play on the piano before.” I said playing around with the keys. “But I know how to play mary had a little lamb” I laughed as I played around with the black keys. Gary smiled as he looked at me, and looked at my eyes, deeply. I stared at him also, telling myself that everything Gary did was for show only, it wasn’t real, but I just couldn’t believe it that I would just slowly develop feelings for someone who played around.

“Hey guys! I found out who—“ Kwangsoo stopped as he saw us. We quickly turned around as Kwangsoo covered his mouth. “Oh~” He laughed as he turned around. “I didn’t know today was Monday, I forgot” Kwangsoo smiled as he walked ahead. “Come out whenever you guys are ready because I think we are all going to leave soon.” He said as he quickly ran off, leaving us alone.

“I, uh will go ahead then.” I said as I stood up, quickly going. Gary took my arms and swung me around.

“Remember what I told you.” Gary said with his worried eyes. “Every Monday I will always be there to protect you, and every day besides Monday I’ll still be here for you.” He said as I nodded.

He just made me confused, as if he does it for show or something. Monday? Does he think that Monday couple is only just about the show or our filming days? “Aigoo” I shook my head as I walked off towards to the crew.

 

- A day later –

It was seven o’clock in the morning and my phone rang. I was still half asleep, nearly hearing my phone ring as I picked up the phone. “JIYHO AH!~” Jaesuk yelled as I was still half awake.

“Huh? Oppa?” I said in a tired voice.

“You’re still asleep aren’t you?” Jaesuk laughed. “We need you to come out right now.” He said hastily. “We need you in our team” He said as I rubbed my eyes, still cuddling my pillow. “Do I have to go right now? It’s not Monday.” I said yawning, ready to go back to sleep as my eyes were closed.

“We have filming on Tuesday too dummy!” He said as I opened my eyes. “Oh correct.” I thought. Yesterday when Gary told me about Monday and other days, I keep thinking that we only film on Mondays, not Tuesday. I quickly got up as I hurried out of the door as I ran downstairs. “Oh?” I said as I spotted Jaesuk in the car, waving his hands. I quickly ran towards to his car and opened the door.

“You’re still asleep” Jaesuk laughed as he saw me with my hat. “Did you just barely wake up now?” Jaesuk laughed as I nodded.

“Yeah, you just woke me up right now.” I said as I looked at the back. “What are we doing?” I said as I looked around the back.

“We’re recruiting members in the morning. We need to hurry and head to Gary’s place” Jaesuk said as he took off from my house.

 My heart skipped a beat when I heard Gary’s name. “What about the other members?” I asked as I fixed my hair in the car.

“Jongkook already got them already! I have called Suk Jin and Gary to be outside already so I will head to their place later.” Jaesuk said.

As soon as everyone picked them up and headed to the location, we all got out and waited to see what happens.

“Today you guys will have a race against each other. It will be a question race.” The PD said as everyone looked at each other.

“So we picked up our teams for no reason?” Jaesuk and Jongkook complained.

“Well not really you guys will be separated into teams and will be going to locations to be asked for a question.” The  PD said as we all nodded. We all rushed to the car. Me, Gary, Suk Jin, and Jaesuk were in the car, as Jaesuk drove, Suk Jin was in the passenger, and me and Gary were in the passenger seat. We both awkwardly sat next to each other as Jaesuk and Suk Jin were discussing about their child as I pulled the seatbelt, trying to click onto the bottom of the ejection {A\N : Not sure what it’s called -3-}. I was struggling for a few minutes as Jaesuk drove, as I paused. Gary came over as he came face to face to me as he pulled my seatbelt, as the seatbelt part clicked the bottom on the ejection button. Jaesuk looked from the corner of his eyes.

“Eyy~ It’s not Monday today” Jaesuk teased as he smiled.

“Are they really not dating?~” Suk Jin teased as we both looked away.

“Yes, some people may bash me but my parents are happy, that’s all that matters
What more do I need? I’m always an island outside my house
I won’t forget the pride of my parents and engrave it in my heart
Whenever I go home, I see the shoes I bought them are still new
Please stop saving them up and just wear them, open the door of happiness”

{Leessang – Pursuit of happiness}

 

“Ah~ Gary isn’t that your song?” Jaesuk said as they listened to the radio. “I heard you made those lyrics.” Jaesuk said as he took a turn from the car.

“Yeah, me and Gil both made the lyrics” Gary said as I looked at him.

“Ah~ That must be from your heart” Suk Jin said as he shook his head with rhythm.

“Yeah, I love my job” He said as he smiled, “and this job also, you guys are all great and I’m thankful.” He smiled as we all listened to the song.

 

- After the quizzes-

“We’re here!” Jaesuk said as they arrived at a building. We all got out as these men in tuxedo were taking us somewhere---seperately. The PD wasn’t here, and we were taken into the building, as we were roped up.

Hello again Grasshopper”  a male voice said from the announcement.