Opposites do Attract

Delinquent loves Nerd

Yuka's POV

The sun shone brightly on my face which made me woke up. I looked at my watch and it was 6am. Finally, Friday. I took a bath and brushed my teeth. 

Before dressing up, I looked at the window first, I saw this poor guy getting beaten up by 5 guys. 

"Tsk". After looking out, I dressed up on my floral print vintage shorts and a striped blouse (please refer to this image) since it was 'Casual Friday'. I took my eye glasses , backpack and camera then went down to the kitchen. 

As I got there, I saw my brother, Shin. Cooking some delicious breakfast. I sat down and smiled at him as he looked at me. 

"Hey sis, want some?" he showed me a plate of waffles and I nodded. He sat down next to me and we both munched down on our meals.

"Casual Friday eh? Aren't shorts not allowed during casual friday?" he asked me while chewing is food. I swallowed my food first since I want to look decent in front of him.

"Nah~ the photography club got an excemption. The principal thought that photographers should wear more comfortable clothes so that we can take good quality photos." I replied and he nodded. 

After having a nice breakfast, I took a bottle of water from the fridge before leaving. 

"Bye nii-chan!" I waved goodbye at Shin and left the house. 

 

 

While walking at the streets, I heard noises , so I hid at the back of a tree and took a look at what's happening, and it was the event I saw earlier at my room. Damn, they're still not finished  beating up that poor guy. I wanted to help him! But, there's me and five of them, I'm gonna get killed. So, I just watched, until, some guy turned around and saw me. My eyes widen, it was Ruki and his gang, the most violent delinquents in our school. I run at my full speed, I don't wanna get killed by those guys!

"Damn!" I cursed quietly "I forgot to take a picture of that! Tsk!" I just shrugged it off and walked to the school. 

 

 

Arriving at the school campus, I saw my friend, Chiyu. He was taking pictures of some students walking around. I must say, he's a good photographer. He won at many photography contests already. I'm a little envious, but still, I'm proud of him.

"Hey yo Chiyu!" I waved my hands walked towards him.

"Yuka!" he hugged me "Wow, you look great today, oh wait, you always look great" he complimented. I hit his arm softly.

"Come on, let's go, I don't wanna be late" I tugged on his arm and walked to the campus hallway.

"Chiyu, I saw Ruki and his gang again, damn, the guy they're beating up looks dead meat already" 

"Those guys can't get any scarier, stay away from them" he warned me.

"Well,  I did, but, I watched them beat up the guy, then, Ruki saw me" 

"This is gonna be bad" he looked at me with wide eyes, as a response, I gave him a scared look. 

"Nah, I'm totally kidding Yuka! But still, stay away from them, they're like... the child of satan" he jokingly said, I chuckled. 

 

We entered our classroom and sat down on our seats and have some random conversations with our classmates. After some few minutes, our homeroom teacher, Mr. Furuichi, entered the room. All of us stood up and bowed.

"Take your seat, I'm going to introduce some people" so, we did what he said, suddenly, five guys entered, great. It was Ruki and his almighty gang.

"These five, are transferred to our class, due to major violations, here at class 3-A, they'll be disciplined" Mr. Furuichi glared at them.

"This is Ruki, Uruha, Reita, Aoi and Kai" he introduced them and pointed at their seats. That Kai guy looks pretty kind, but still, he's scary.

I just ignored them, got my notebook and pen and wrote the lectures that Mr. Furuichi was teaching us. 

End of Yuka's POV

 

 

Ruki's POV

It couldn't get worse than this, being transferred to a higher class. Still, we pretty killed that dude, if he didn't took my wallet, he wouldn't be injured that bad. Anyways, I took out my notebook and pen, I'm gonna try to listen to this old dude. I realized, I was sitting next to a girl. A pretty girl to be exact, oh wait, she's the girl I saw earlier! But, why did she run?! Did I really look horrible beating up that guy?!

Damn, she's so pretty! I mean, looking at her hair, it's like silky as black silk, her skin, white as snow, her body features, it's just perfect! She's like an angel, no, more like a Goddess! I stared at her for a while, she turned her look away from the board and looked at me with curious eyes. I smiled at her. She smiled back, ! She's just so pretty! 

Since we stared at each other for too long, she suddenly giggled, I smiled at her cuteness, and the both of us looked away. 

I wrote down on my notebook the lectures that Mr. Furuichi was teaching us. Suddenly, I felt someone tapped me, it was the pretty girl. She handed me a note. 

Hi Ruki! I'm Yuka Hanazawa, but please, call me Yuka! ^^

I saw you and your friends earlier beating up a dude, I felt sorry for him, I wanted to fight for him but, 

I don't want to be dead meat XD

It's nice to meet you tho. You have cool looking eyes~ Wait no, you're pretty handsome. (Please don't think of anything else -,-)

Well, it's nice to meet you again! XD
Say, can you meet me at the Gym at recess? 

                                                                          . Class president, Yuka '

Oh, so she's the class president eh? Cool. I looked at her and smiled. *doki doki doki* What the, what is this feeling?! Don't tell me, I'm liking her?! NOOOOOOOOOO!

[Fast forward] 

First five subjects are done, two more to go, well, it's recess already, I better go to the gym. I don't want Yuka to wait too long. I run fast as I can, finally, I reached the gym. Damn, why does the gym need to be seperated at the main campus? 

I entered the gym, I saw Yuka, taking some pictures of the gym. 

"Hey yo Prez!" I shouted and waved my hands to catch her attention. She waved her hands and I walked towards her. 

"Hi Ruki!" she bowed. I reached for her hand and kissed it. We took a seat at the bleachers. She offered me a soda and put her camera beside her. 

"So, Ruki, I saw you and your friends earlier, are you guys really born as bullies? " she asked

"I suppose" I took a sip of the soda she gave me and she nodded.

"Why did you do that?" 

"Well, he took my wallet, there are important things there, so, yeah" 

"But, why does he have to be injured so bad? I was going to take a picture of it, but, I forgot"

"I wasn't supposed to beat him, but, I don't know, I just started to hurt him and stuff" I looked down on my shoes 

End of Ruki's POV

 

Yuka's POV

He looked down on his shoes and sighed. I moved closer to him, a lot closer. 

"Well, can you try controlling your anger for me?" I asked him with puppy eyes. He just stared at me and smiled. I smiled back at him and he nodded.

"Promise?" I held out my pinky

"I promise" we made a pinky promise. I was hoping he would control his anger. 

"Yuka...." I heard him say my name as I drank some soda

"Yeah?" 

"You're really pretty, no, you're beautiful" he complimented. My cheeks heated up and turned into tinted pink. I moved some my hair at the back of my ears and smiled. "Thanks" I thanked him shyly. 

I heard him laugh, and it got me curious.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked him 

He shook his head and looked at me. "Yuka, you're so cute" he pinched my cheeks. We talked about random stuffs during recess, we also took a lot of pictures together, he even managed to teach me self defense. Even though he's a delinquent, he's pretty fun to be with. 

*doki doki doki doki doki* dang, what's this?! Ruki is such a handsome fellow, I feel like melting! Suddenly, the bell rang. It means, recess is over. 

"Aww, recess is over!" I pouted

"Hahaha. let's go" Ruki took my hand and the both of us went to our classroom, hand in hand, to finish the last two subjects we need to take. 

[FAST FORWARD]

 

"Well, Class Dismissed. See you all on Monday" Mr. Furuichi said as he left the room. I also saw Ruki and his friends left.

"Hey Yuka!" Chiyu shouted. "Well, I have to go first, I still need to babysit my sister" he added and waved goodbye. I nodded. 

I looked at the pictures in my camera, well, I must say, I've improved a lot, until, I saw these pictures of me and Ruki. I blushed. 

"No Yuka! No! He doesn't like you! SHEEEESH!" I said to myself loudly.

"Uh, Miss Prez, you have to go now, I'm gonna start cleaning the room" the janitress said. 

I took my stuff , waved goodbye at the janitress and left the room. I kept some of my book in my locker. Only a few students were remaining in the school campus as I walked towards the exit gate. 

As I got out of the campus, I saw Ruki, leaning on the wall, waiting for someone.

"Ruki!" I waved my hand to catch his attention and he walked towards me.

"Are you waiting for someone?" I asked and he nodded "Who is it then?" I asked once again and he pointed at me. I gave him a confused look and pointed at myself. 

"Aww come on Yuka, let's go, I'm gonna walk you home" he took my hand, and once again, we walked together, hand-in-hand. While walking, we had the chance to know each other better. 

 

"So, you call your gang 'The GazettE?'" I asked him

"Actually, we're not really a gang, we're a band. I'm the vocals, Aoi and Uruha are on the guitar, Reita on the bass and Kai on the drums" he replied.

"Oooooohhhhhh~" I nodded, "Hey, since there's not much people here on the street, why don't you sing one song for me?" I begged with puppy eyes.

End of Yuka's POV

Ruki's POV

"Why don't you sing one song for me?" Yuka begged with puppy eyes. I sighed and she frowned. "Fine, but, only one song, okay?" she nodded and smiled.

(I'll be using the english lyrics of Cassis for this)

Always, over and over again

Always, I did nothing but make you sad
Surely I've hurt you, even now I still can't move

Why does it hurt so much to touch you?
Surely, the same things will repeat themselves
Because I'm scared I'll lose you

By drawing close I tried to wipe away
That day which I couldn't completely forget 
You just held these hands without asking anything, didn't you?

Even if your feelings fade tomorrow
I'll still love you unchangingly 
Even if you can't see me tomorrow 
I'll still love you without fail 

I will walk together, the future not promised 
it keeps walking together, to the future in which you are... 

At least I can forget all the hard times
Thinking about you
Counting the number of nights I can't see you
My heart yearns for you 

Inviting the loneliness of misunderstanding
Somehow, please don't cry alone
No matter how far apart we are
Let's believe in each other

I want to keep smiling like this no matter what 
Please don't let me hurt you
The number of time lapses are fading away 
I don't want to repeat those feelings

Even if your feelings fade tomorrow
I'll still love you unchangingly 
Even if you can't see me tomorrow 
I'll still love you without fail 

Somehow, please look only at me
Somehow, please don't let go of my hand

I will walk together, the future not promised 
It keeps walking together, to the future in which you are... '

"Uwaaah! Sugoi!" she smiled at me and gave me a thumbs-up. I swear, she's the prettiest girl I have ever seen! I just realized, we're still holding hands. A smile crept on my lips. 

"So... here's my house!" we stopped in front of a luxurious house. 

"Well, thank you for the song Ruki!" she said as she opened the gate.

"Wait! Yuka!" I called her and she turned around, "Yes, Ruki?"

"C-can I have your n-number?" damn, why am I stuttering ?! 

"Sure you can!" I handed out my phone and she entered her number and saved it.  "Well Yuka, good bye"

Just as I was going to leave.....

"Ruki!" I turned to her, and she gave me a kiss on the cheeks, I lowered my head so she can't see that I'm blushing.

"Control your anger, okay?"  I nodded and left as she entered the house. 

End of Ruki's POV

 

[FAAAAAASSSTT FOOOORRRWAAAARRDD]

 

Third Person POV

Shin and Yuka were having their dinner, until...

"Hey Yuka, I saw you with a guy outside, is he your boyfriend?" Yuka's eyes widen. 'Well, I wish he was' Yuka thought.

"HAHAHAHA, NO. That guy I was with is Ruki Matsumoto, one of the delinquents in my school" Yuka replied.

"Well, why'd ya kiss him?" 

"IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS !" Yuka shouted

"Jeeeeez sis, calm down" (imagine Shin's reaction was like this XD) "But, you like him, don't you?" Shin asked

Yuka nodded. "Well, good luck with that sis!" 

End of Third Person POV

 

Yuka's POV

After having a nice dinner with Shin, I decided to go to my room to take a nice nice nice warm shower. I dressed up in my plain gray baggy shirt and watched TV. 

'Maiochiru hanabira hira hira, kokoro no sukima~-' I heard my phone rang and I immediately answered it. 

"Moshi moshi" 

"Yuka, it's Ruki" 

I felt butterflies in my tummy, I laid down on my back and talked to Ruki, trying to hide how happy I am.

"Ruki? What's up?" 

"Well, I'm bored, So, I decided to call you"  'Hey Ruki?! Who you talking to?!' I heard someone from Ruki's line. 'Shut up Aoi!' 

"Oh, hahaha, what do you wanna talk about?" 

Me and Ruki talked about random stuff, he also said some cheesy pick-up line which made me crack up, he definitely made my night. 

"Hahaha, anyways, I'm getting a little sleepy Ruki" I yawned

"Aww, okay, thanks for the time" 

"No problem, good night Ruki" just as I was gonna hung up...

"Yuka!" 

"Yeah Ruki?"

"C-can you go out with me tomorrow?"

I blushed. "Sure! Why not?"

"Great! I'll pick you up tomorrow, 11 am"

"Okay, good night Ruki"

"Good night" 

We both hung up. 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I screamed and jumped on the bed. 

I was about to die out of happiness. Oh my gosh! Hahaha, I'm such a weirdo, well, I have to look pretty tomorrow! I better get my beauty sleep now! So, I laid down and slept. I can't wait for tomorrow!

[FAST FORWARD: THE NEXT DAY..]

 

'Sou Spring of Life hajikeru yona , Koiwoshiyoyo Spring girl, Speed Up! -' my alarm! I immediately woke up and go down stairs to eat breakfast. 

"Hey sis? You okay?" Shin asked me as he served my breakfast.

"Uh, yeah, just a little excited" I smiled at him

"Excited? For what?" 

"Ruki asked me out!" I happily replied

"Wow, so, you'll be going home late today? Right?" I nodded

"Well, take care then" I nodded once again and munched down on my meal. "Itadakimasu~!" 

 

 

 

After having a nice meal, I hurriedly went to my room and took a shower. Now, what am I going to wear?! I checked out my dresser to find the outfit I'm going to wear. I searched and search and search, still, I can't find any good clothes. I just decided to wear my 3/4 sleeved white blouse and my Sailor-striped shorts (please refer to this image 8D) to finish it off, I dried off my hair and just let it flow down and wore a pinch of make up. 

'Maiochiru hanabira hira hira-' I immediately answered my phone.

"Hello?" 

"Yuka? I'm in front of your house already" my eyes widen. Damn he's early. I thought it was supposed to be 11 am!? It's just 9:30! I looked out the window. And there he was. I waved at him and he waved back. I got my bag and camera , wore my shoes and immediately go down. 

"Nii-chan! I'm going now!" I kissed his cheeks. "Okay, stay safe Yuka! Call me if you're gonna go home late!" He said as I got out of the house.

"Ruki!" I waved at him to catch his attention. 

"Yuka~" he hugged me and held my hand "Let's go"

"Where to?" 

"It's a surprise" 

The both of us walked at the streets of Shinjuku, until we reached the subway. Ruki bought two tickets to Minato-ku. As the train arrived, there wasn't a lot of people there. So, it was easy for us to find seats, we sat down near the train's door at the right aisle. 

End of Yuka's POV

Ruki's POV

We took a train to Minato-ku, I'm going to take her to Tokyo Joypolis so we can have fun. Wait, I just realized, I'm still holding her hand. Damn, it's so soft. I held it a little tighter, Yuka looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. I swear. She's really an angel! Well, it's now or never. I'm going to confess to her later. 

Yuka rested her head on my shoulder. Damn! I saw our reflection on the window, we look like a perfect couple! 

 

[ANOTHER FAST FORWARD: 30MINS. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE]

 

'We have arrived at Minato-ku, please check your personal belongings before leaving the train. Thank you for travelling with JR East. We hope to travel with you again!' an automated voice said. 

Me and Yuka got off the train and walked until we reached Tokyo Joypolis. As we get there.....

"Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Sugoi! This place looks futuristic and stuff!" Yuka said in excitement. 

"Haha, excited? Let's go get some tickets first" 

We went to the ticket booth, and bought some unlimited ride ticket, so that we would be able to go to all the rides. 

As we enter the amusement park, Yuka's eyes widen, I guess this is her first time here.

"Ruki! Ruki! Let's try that one first!" she pointed out at Virtua Formula. She's so cute when she acts like a kid! 

"Hurry ! Hurry!" she pulled me to the ride

"Hahaha , okay, calm down" 

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~" 

So, we did try Virtua Formula and other attractions such as Rail Chase, Ghost Hunters, Mad Bazooka, Astronomicon , AS-1, and VR-1 Space mission. Looking at her, she seemed to had a lot of fun.

 

We managed to finish all the attractions in the amusement park, I looked at my watch and it was 5pm already.  

 

"Ruki, that was fun! Nii-chan never took me here before!" 

"Well, that's cool, so , I'm the first one?" she nodded. 

"Ugh, I'm hungry!" she whined. 

We got out of the amusement park "Bye bye~!" she said goobye , damn, what a cutie. We walked to the subway at took a train to Shinjuku. 

Still, there wasn't a lot of people taking the train, so , we got our seats easily. 

 

 

 

 

The train arrived at Shinjuku somewhere around 6. I took her to a fastfood chain, so that we could eat. Jeeeez, what a cheapskate. Still, she didn't care. All she wanted was to eat. 

"Ruki, I wanna see how your house looks like!" 

"I'll take you there then" I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Thank you for today, I had a lot of fun!" 

"No problem" 
 

 

After eating, we walked to our house. Her feet seemed to be tired already. So......

"Yuka, want a piggy-back ride?" I suggested and she nodded, so I did gave her a piggy-back ride. I held her legs a little tighter so that she won't fall off. Her legs was soooooo smooth! I could rub it all day if she let me to! 

"Ruki?" 

"Yeah?"

"Thank you" she kissed my cheek

"For what?"

"Well, firstly, you took me to an awesome place , second, you helped me fill my stomach and lastly, thank you for being considerate, my feet gets tired whenever I walk too much. So, thank you. Also, you managed to control your anger. I never imagined that you would change after I told you so." 

I smiled and continued to walk to my house. 

 

As we got there, I carried her to my bedroom and let her rest there.

 

"Well, this is it, my house. Sorry if it's a little messy." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Nah~ my house  looks like this one too!" 

"Yuka, I have something to say to you" I sat next to her

"What is it Ruki?"  

"Well, I know and you know we've only met yesterday, right?" she nodded. "Well, I- I..."

"You what?"

"I like you" I lowered my head and looked at the floor. 

"Ruki-" 

"Well, if you don't like me, then, I can wait! I can wait for you for a thousand years an-" she cut me off by giving me a peck on my lips. 

"Ruki.." she cupped my face and she looked at me in the eye. 

"I like you too Ruki, and I don't know why, but all that matters is that I like, wait no, I love you Ruki" she gave me another kiss on my lips. 

"Yuka,... would you be my girlfriend?" I asked her shyly.

"Ruki, you didn't have to ask for it, but since you did , YES Ruki, Yes!" I hugged her tight.

 

End of Ruki's POV

 

Third person's POV

After Ruki's confession... 

Ruki kissed Yuka on the lips, the kiss was full of love and passion. Ruki pulled Yuka into a sitting position and kissed her more and more and more, before they knew it, their clothes were already scattered on the floor. He laid her down on the bed, and had a night of their own. 

 

 

 

Years later...........

 

"Daddy!!" some girl run towards Ruki and gave him a tight hug as he entered the house.

"Yuko~ So, how was school?" Ruki asked her

"It was great! And look at what I drew!" she showed him a drawing of three people. 

"Aww how cute!" Ruki pinched her cheeks. "By the way, where's Mommy?" 

"She's at the kitchen cooking dinner" Ruki nodded and went to the kitchen. 

 

"Yuka~" Ruki called her out

"Ruki~!!" Yuka gave him a tight hug. "Oh! be careful!" 

"Oh , oh yeah" Yuka giggled and backed away a little. Ruki sat down on a chair and put his hands softly on Yuka's swollen belly. 

"Just one more month !" he said excitedly.  

"I can't wait!" Yuka said in the same expression. 

Ruki stood up and gave Yuka a kiss on the lips. 

"I love you Yuka, more than you know" 

"I love you too Ruki~"  

"Together?"

"Forever." 

 

After a month, Yuka gave birth to a healthy baby boy and named him Hyosuke. The Matsumoto family lived happily ever after. 

 

End of Third person's POV