My Lovely Love

Break-Up

I awoke quietly, the gentle rays of sun shining through my curtain and into my eyes. Ah, morning has finally come. I wished that it didn't though. Today was a very special day. Much more important than other days of the week or even the year, not that it was not necessarily a good thing. With a heavy heart, I quickly sat up from bed and folded the blankets on my bed. After, I took a quick shower and dressed up. I gulped slightly, looking in the silver mirror. I stared at my own reflection, checking to see if my outfit to see if it was alright. I wanted to look especially beautiful today, more than other days. Then, I stared at my own face, seeing if there was anything wrong with it. For example, if my make-up was weird or if there were any scars anywhere. I gave myself a bitter smile, I looked very pretty today. At least, that's what the other members of my group told me. They all greeted my farewell as I waved to them and left the dorm.

I silently walked down the hall and down the stairs. Right now, I am on my way to meet my precious boyfriend, Kyuhyun oppa, the so-called 'evil' maknae of Super Junior, just outside the building of the SMent building. We had agreed to see each other yesterday, not that I was sad nor happy. Truthfully, I didn't really know what to feel right now. All my feelings are jumbled together, in a large pot being boiled over a strong flame. I simply can't keep the smile of my lips, but that doesn't mean I'm truly happy. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to see Kyuhyun oppa today. I'm always ever so happy to see him. I want to see him so badly. But, at the same time, I am absolutely dreading to be able see Kyuhyun oppa today.

Why you ask?

It's a simple reason.

Today, Kyuhyun oppa is going to break-up for me.


Yes, it is quite true. Today, just like I predicted way before, Kyuhyun oppa is going to tell me that he no longer loves me and is going to break-up with me. Not that I'm surprised or anything. Truthfully, I always knew that this day would come. After all, after seeing Kyuhyun oppa smiling at her so much, I knew that the feelings he held for me were disappearing. You see, Kyuhyun oppa and I were in love. Yes, we were in this foolish thing called 'love'. He and I were in a faithful and loving relationship. But you see, as time went by, the strong love Kyuhyun oppa had for me began to fade. Although, my feelings are still burning as brightly as the sun itself.

I had thought before so many times, the flame of love Kyuhyun oppa had would have been able to be reignited.

And it was reignited, but not by me though.

You see, right next Kyuhyun oppa, there was another girl beside me. She was a girl from another girl group, just like I was. She was absolutely parallel from me. Her special charm and my seemingly unnoticeable charm were different, but in truth, many people seemed to like her more than they liked me. She was very beautiful and dignified, yet gentle and understanding at the same time. I was envious of her, people just seemed to love her more than they loved me. That fact counted for everyone, even my special Kyuhyun oppa.

And that my friends, is why he's breaking up with me today.

Kyuhyun oppa doesn't love me anymore.

She and Kyuhyun oppa, under my watchful eye, fell in love. And that was the moment that I realised Kyuhyun oppa's feelings for me turning into dust. I had to admit it, no matter how much I truly hated it, Kyuhyun oppa's love towards her seemed so much stronger than it was towards me. The gaze he gave her constantly was so strong, much more loving compared to the gaze he would give me. Even the smile on his lips would widen much more than the smile directed towards me.

And thinking about it just now, she seemed to shine so brightly when she was with Kyuhyun oppa. Even though she always shined brightly, around him, she was like a beautiful gem. The moon in the sky itself. Or even the sun. That was how brightly she would shine. So much different from me. I was hidden. Even though I already knew that I had my own individual shine, it was overpowered by hers. Like a comparison of a star and the sun. When the sun was out, all the tiny stars were hidden away. I am one of those sparkling stars, and she is the forever glowing sun.

I do not know when it became like this, but I can't do anything about it now.

After all, you can't choose who you love.

Besides, I was foolish enough to let him fall out of my grasp.


Well, at least, Kyuhyun oppa is being truthful with me. At least, he isn't going to cheat on me. Kyuhyun oppa isn't the type to lie or cheat on people, that's what I love the most about him. Am I being foolish right now? For some reason, I'm just thinking of reasons to love him so much instead of reasons to hate him. But maybe, just maybe, there simply are not any reasons to hate Kyuhyun oppa. I can't think of any, and that's what annoys me the most.

I fell for a person who was unhateable.

And now, I don't have anything to be relieved about now that we aren't going to be together.


Soon, I reached the SMent building. Ah, where is my beautiful Kyuhyun oppa? I soon spot him behind a tree, talking to somebody. I let out another bitter smile. Of course, without a single doubt, it was her. I stared with a slight scowl, trying to hide my selfish feelings. And then, Kyuhyun oppa notices me. He walks up to me and stares deeply into my eyes. I loved it when he did that, I let out a rather strained sigh. I could almost predict the words he were about to say.

"I'm breaking up with you today."

"... I know, you fell in love with her. Didn't you?"

"I did. Really, I'm so sorry."

"... Don't worry about me. Have a nice life, okay?"

"You too. We'll still be friends though, I'm here for you."


Then, Kyuhyun oppa gave me a gentle yet tight embrace. I closed my eyes and breathed slowly, trying to so desperately remember the feeling. After all, this was probably the last time he was ever going to hug me so tightly. Soon, he let go. We shared eye-contact. I had so many things I wanted to say. They were simple things, but they just meant so much.

I wanted to say these things.

I dressed up for you today.

Please remember me, never forget me.

I really love you.


I smiled at him, before turning my back to Kyuhyun oppa. From now on, he wasn't mine. I still love him so much though. But as they say, if you really love someone, you need to let them go. The least I could do now was give him a good last memory of me. I couldn't do much, but a good last memory was enough. It was the only thing I could give him now. I heard footsteps behind me, it seemed that he was walking away from me and back to her. I turned to see them, giving each other those pretty smiles. For now, the only thing I have left are memories. But still, I'll keep them close to me.

I stared at his smiling figure, before silently smiling at him with teary eyes.

....
....
....


"...Be happy... I love you..."