Good Morning

Good Morning

“Hyukjae, wake up,” Donghae whispers. He leans over the bed to nudge Hyukjae’s shoulder. “Baby?” No response. Sighing, he pulls back the covers a bit to crawl in beside Hyukjae and sling an arm around his waist. “Hyukjae. Ryeowook made pancakes today.”

Hyukjae shifts slightly, leaning back into Donghae and yawning. “Stay,” he mutters and Donghae rests his chin on Hyukjae’s shoulder.

“Okay but Kyuhun and Donghee will probably eat our pancakes, you know.”

“Let them. Wookie will make us more.” Donghae nuzzles the patch of skin behind Hyukjae right ear before pressing a soft kiss there.

“Are you actually saying that mphf-” Donghae starts but Hyukjae turns to face him and muffles his mouth with a warm hand.

“Stop talking please,” he mutters, his eyes still heavily laced with sleep. He snuggles closer to Donghae and buries his face in the crook of Donghae’s neck.

They stay like that for a few minutes. Donghae’s fingers trace down the curve of Hyukjae’s back and up the lithe muscles of his arm. “Hae?” Hyukjae breathes against his neck.

“Hmm?”

“Could you turn around?”

“What?”

“Just turn.” Hyukjae wiggles out of Donghae’s arms and pushes his shoulder. Donghae still looks confused when he turns so his back is facing Hyukjae. “Better.” Arms wind around his waist and Hyukjae’s body heat presses into his back. Hyukjae noses the nape of Donghae’s neck before breathing out a content sigh.

“Um, Hyukjae?”

“Hmm?” He yawns.

“What are you doing?”

“I don’t know. I just like holding you.”

“Oh.” Hyukjae’s hold on him tightens.

“I like being able to see you when I wake up, even if it’s just the corner of your ear or your shoulder.”

“You would’ve seen my neck though.”

“I like making you feel protected.”

“I’m not a girl…”

“I know.” He presses a kiss to Donghae’s shoulder. “But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want to make you feel protected.” Donghae briefly smiles, thankful that Hyukjae can’t see it. 

He cranes his neck back to look at Hyukjae. “Tch, so cheesy in the morning."

“Whatever. As opposed to you: cheesy all the time except the morning.” Donghae pouts and returns to his previous position. “Also, you’re really soft and fluffy and warm. Like a teddy bear.”

“Wow. I hate you.”

“I love you too now shh. We’re supposed to be sleeping.”