Enchanted? Enchanted~

Enchanting

Author's Note: .. I was listening to Enchanted by Taylor Swift on repeat.. And this was born.  Kinda, sorta?  Yes? No? Maybe? Maybe.  Hence the cheesy title.  Hence the corny end line. Ugga ugga ugga, makin' me sound like a cavewoman.  I started using a different POV at some point so I was like "Noooooo. D: Gotta fix. Gotta fiiiixxx." So, uh, I put breaks in.  I'm sorry if it seems choppy. I do like it. Yep. I like Taoris. I don't have a favorite Exo member. I have Taoris, my favorite ship. Whom I love dearlyyyy~

..Oi veeey.  Anywho.. I think that's enough mindless.. typing.. babbling.. Sleepy tiem~

On a side note: Would you capitalize 'wushu'? Curious, curious.

 

+~+~+~+~+~+

Tao was on one of his infamous late-night walks along the coastline.

The darkened sky was clear, except for many, twinkling stars.

Waves lapped at his feet, causing any footsteps that were created to be washed away.

A calming breeze came off of the water and cooled the temperature, a reason Tao was wearing a jacket even though he'd been sweating prior to his arrival at the beach setting.

Everything was surreal and enchanting.

Though, he was slightly worried. He hadn't told any of his friends, and roommates, where he was headed.. He wondered if they would worry. They probably would; he was one of the youngest, after all.

He lightly hummed a tune he'd heard earlier in the car.

His friends had insisted they go to as many aquariums in the area as possible.

So, that's how they had spent their day-- looking at fish and other sea creatures in tanks shrouded by glass.

It's not that Tao didn't like the ocean or marine animals.. He was just more of a land person.

He always subconsciously strayed far enough away from the edge for his feet to never get wet.

Tao was so lost in his thoughts and was so concentrated staring out at the calming ocean, that he didn't noticed a small party of kids further back on the beach.

It was definitely past 1 A.M., for Tao had left at midnight and it had taken him half an hour to remember the way to the beach from the house he and his friends were staying at. Too bad he refused to wear a watch unless it was Gucci.. Which, Gucci watches were a liiiiittle too expensive for his income. Therefore, no watch. (Unless he decided to bum the time off of someone who had a watch.)

Another good point, why didn't use his cell phone?

Well, earlier while he and his group of friends were at their third aquarium of the day (and the last) his friend Yixing had used the excuse of having his cell phone battery die to use Tao's to take pictures of the seals outside the complex. Needless to say, his phone had probably been either eaten by a seal or was at least now laying at the bottom of a tank filled with temperamental seals. He was sure the caretakers would love that news.

Anyway, whilst he was thinking back over his hectic day, some stragglers from the party had started wandering around. In fact, a lone male was making his way over to the zoned-out Tao.

When he was grabbed by the shoulders and turned around (somewhat roughly) Tao's first thought was '.. handsome.' Actually, that was a lie. His first thought was related to wushu and how he would use it if this.. attractive guy.. tried to pull something shady on him. First wushu, then attractive-ness. They were sort of thought in the same thought train, actually..

"What's a cutie like you doing on a beach alone at this time of night, huh?"

--------

Attractive guy smiled (smirked?) at me and I.. stuttered. I wasn't proud of this.

"Um.."

"Aw, are you blushing? How cute~"

Whoa, was handsome-flirty-guy right? Was I blushing? Well this just became slightly more awkward..

I reached my hands up to cover my cheeks but the guy just caught my hands and pulled me slightly closer.

I was definitely blushing by now; I could feel the awkward burning sensation. ..Why weren't my automatic wushu powers kicking in?

"Uhh.."

"There you go stuttering again~ What's your name, cutie?" He winked at me and I felt myself blink confusedly for a second.

I could translate what he said in my head but..

-------

He was suddenly frustrated at his lack of English-speaking knowledge. Of course the other boy/guy/man would speak English. They were in California, after all.

..It WAS close to Chinatown and Koreatown, but, nevertheless. He was still in an English-speaking country. Maybe he shouldn't have wandered out alone..

He was broken out of his thoughts by the stranger shaking him lightly.

-----

"Helloooo?" The attractive man shook my own hand in front of my face and I pouted (yes, pouted) and snatched both of my hands back.

My pout deepened when I saw the smile he directed towards me.

.. He should stop with all of this good-looking business.

I was about to turn around and go back the way he came when his hand took ahold of my cheek and held my head in place.

As I looked up (only slightly!) at him, I noticed that he looked slightly surprised, behind his basically emotionless mask.

"What's your name?"

I felt my face heat up again. It didn't help the flames when the guy's thumb started my cheek, although, once again, I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. This guy was pretty hard to read but I was slowly getting the hang of it..

"Tao." I averted my eyes down and to the side, towards where the water was coming up dangerously high to where we were standing (not like I could.. Or, well, felt like moving..)

"Your name is Tao? That's cute too~"

Embarrassed, I pulled away from his grip, though I noticed an adorable, toothy smile on his face and found myself immobile once again.

As my mouth started to turn down into a pout again I noticed he was looking at me strangely. I looked away and focused harder on the incoming tide.

"Hey, sensitive question, but, can you speak English? You seem quiet but, not that quiet.."

I'm sure my ears were tinted the same red on my cheeks as I cleared my throat to indicate that I would respond.

"Not.. Much.." So. Awkward.

I bit my lip as embarrassment flooded my body.

Here I was: in a romantic setting, with an attractive guy.. And I could barely speak the same language as him. I was greatly regretting my voyage to the beach.

My head turned automatically as a soft chuckle invaded my conflicting thoughts. As I looked up, I saw the guy with a seemingly sweet smile on his face as he held out his hand. I blinked at him a couple times in confusion.

"My name is Kris. Let's go do some things that don't require talking, okay?"

I nodded slightly with my eyes widened basically as far at they'd go while I took the strang- Kris' hand.

As he pulled us towards the brightly lit-up boardwalk, I became happy once again about going on my late-night adventure.

What could I say? Kris enchanted me.